• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lordyfest 3.0, Grand Rapids MI, 12/14/13

lordhelmet

Smash Master

1: Blake $36 :wolf:/:fox:
2: Lordy $18 :ike:/:falcon:
3: Rhythmiz $6 :metaknight:/:falcomelee:
4: TBird :falcon:
5: Brayden :mewtwomelee:
5: Heinz :kirby2:/:falcon:
7: AF :luigi2:
7: root :sheilda:
9: Sarix :samus2:
9: BFlake :lucario:
9: CockSock :ganondorf:
9: Goku :charizard:

Thanks to everyone who drove out despite the flash weather. This was absolutely crazy and the crews and MMs were hilarious. Since this was so successful, we may run another house tournament in the future. Videos will be posted whenever Root gets around to it.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Lordy why are you losing?

Heinz you need a spacie counter if your going to play Kirby

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
Kirby is his spacie counter :denzel:
indeed he is :p

good **** to everyone who came out in spite of the snow. sorry that it went and put a damper on a lot of people's transportation though. hopefully we can have at least one more big west mi smash event his winter and you can make it out dakota. it just goes to show you the kind of scene we have over here though. if all the cars had been able to show up who had said they would then we would have had an even more bumpin tourney.

shoutouts before i totally forget

1: Blake $36 :fox:: you da man blake. thanks for being a champ and trudging the gentlemen's club there through the crazy weather, and good **** turning it around in GFs after that failed saltmatch :p and ggs in bracket. i got that wolf next time!
2: Lordy $18 :ike:/:falcon:: this was beyond hype lordy. it was awesome of you to open your place to all our crazy shenanigans and throw what was easily the funnest smashfest i've ever been to. AND I DIDN'T EVEN PLAY MELEE. ggs in friendlies, you wrecked my ****. i wanna get a piece of that ike here in the near future though. keep it up!
3: Rhythmiz $6 :metaknight:/:falcomelee:: spelt "Rh1thmz" AHEM. but for real though very nice josh. ike/metaknight seems like a ****in nightmare. you almost had it there with the falcs but if you had had just a little more time to adapt i think it could have gone better. let's definitely keep practicing pm this break.
4: TBird :falcon:: man tbird you're the homie. i feel like we gotta just like hang out more. your falcon is looking worlds better than it did at the kzoo tourney. all of us are really really impressed. keep on playing with lordy and let's get some more falcon dittos in the future. i'm glad you didn't get janked by my kirbs in those mms. but they were definitely the hypest matches i played all night.
5: Brayden :mewtwomelee:: ahhh the mew2. ****'s scary son, but against falcon that **** can be free. we did good but we coulda done better :p keep at the mewtwo and hopefully we can wreck some ******* in the near future at one of these things. always good smashin with you zbet.
5: Heinz :kirby2:/:falcon:: yoooooo lrn 2 pm falcn
7: AF :luigi2:: james! not bad. you got kinda bracket ****ed but then again it was such a small tourney that it was bound to happen. overall i think the results are pretty accurate. you and me gotta get better with pm exclusive characters because even though i can fall back on falcon in a lot of cases there are other times when it's just not good to approach these new matchups with all your old melee habits, because a lot of the time they just don't ****in work. let's practice a lot more pm though, and good **** bringin dat weegee hype as always.
7: root :sheilda:: dude root long time no see. it's too bad we don't smash more with the GR crew given how close you guys are, especially when there's not a ton of random snow. ggs in bracket, your sheilda is lookin fine. and between you me and the fencepost i was way more scared of sheik than zelda, though that's definitely just because of melee and the matchup and such. thanks for recording too. without you there wouldn't have been near as much hype.
9: Sarix :samus2:: man sarix this tourney was great and all but you made my day by bringing blazblue. the fest was just that much better because you came. i'm really glad we finally got to get some proper matches going, and i'm also really glad that we seem to be on relatively the same level in the game, so it was really good practice for me. it's not like i necessarily intend to enter serious bb tourneys in the future, but i just think the game is fun as hell and it's cool to finally have someone i know to play in person. great to see you man, i hope i see you at more events like this coming up here soon.
9: BFlake :lucario:: duuuuuuude those matches were close. my heart was beating so goddamn fast the whole time lol. i really hesitated at first to play kirby because i'm so new to the pm version, but i knew that if i went falcon i would probably get wrecked because i would just try and force the matchup based on playstyles i've learned against other characters and it probably wasn't going to work. it really could have gone either way though, and i'm glad that i finally got to play a respectable lucario. nice beard btw. hope to see you again soon.
9: CockSock :ganondorf:: we didn't play at all but just watching you it's really obvious that you, just like everyone else, has gotten a TON better since the kzoo tourney this past summer. that ganon was looking like a force to be reckoned with. hope we get to play soon, i'd be interested to see how ganon fares against falcon in pm with all his new toys.
9: Goku :charizard:: similarly to my match against bflake, i questioned going falcon against you simply because i've played against a charizard maybe two or three times on previous version of pm and didn't want to force the matchup and get ****ed, but at the same time i knew kirby would get probably get killed at like 70% off the top lol. so i figured if i played it like bowser and treated charizard like one big target but with very big guns, then maybe i would have a chance. and after i got ****ed last stock game two i thought it was over XD but somehow i pulled it out. epic games man, dunno if you're gonna be around michigan much in the future but if you are definitely let us know and we should smash.

also as a sidenote to lordy, blake definitely went wolf against me in bracket and it's possible that AF went ivysaur some of the time but you would have to ask him.

these shoutouts were way too long but it's cuz i honestly had a ****ing awesome time at this thing. most fun i've had at a smashfest in a while. you guys are all seriously legit dudes and i wouldn't trade our west mi scene for anything. i really think we should get together more often cuz it's just way too fun bringing all the crews together, regardless of whether or not we're even smashing.

the gentlemen of kzoo look forward to the next event! (and maybe we'll get off our lazy asses and host one ourselves sometime)

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
also edit button's being jank but additional shoutouts to fZk for making pretty much everyone look free, as well as providing me with an excellent mm and some great footage to look back on so i can learn the matchup against that insane ****** lucas. hopefully we can play in lansing sometime. also shoutouts to benji for ggs as well.

i'm gettin all misty here guys

BFlake

Smash Rookie
Great stuff, glad I got to friendly Blake, Rh1thmz, fzk, Goku, AF, and the usuals CSock TBird and the Turbo Mode fun with Benji. I regretfully didn't get to play you outside of bracket Heinz and if some BB is around i'd like to play you in that too. GGs all get hype for Lake Effect next year.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
1: Blake $36 :wolf:/:fox: I can get pretty salty about losing but never to you. Our sets are always so intense and so hype. I look forward to fighting you again in any game in any round or in any money match :yeahboi: Mad props for sticking to your guns and driving through the snow. Hotbox room was the ****.
2: Lordy $18 :ike:/:falcon:
3: Rhythmiz $6 :metaknight:/:falcomelee: GGs in bracket, I love fighting your Falco. Drunk commentary and callouts may have been the best I have ever heard.
4: TBird :falcon: Most improved player? Good ****.
5: Brayden :mewtwomelee: Loving the Mewtwo, can't wait to see it get good. Should have bodied FreeBird with Falco IMO.
5: Heinz :kirby2:/:falcon: GGs and congrats on clutching out the crew battle. I'd love to play your Falcon in Melee.
7: AF :luigi2:Down throw to knee > bane of AF's existence. Always and forever.
7: root :sheilda: Thanks so much for streaming and for securing mCk's survival.
9: Sarix :samus2: Thanks for coming out! Always a pleasure. Please do not laugh like that again.
9: BFlake :lucario: Set vs Heinz was hype :yeahboi:
9: CockSock :ganondorf: The money matches vs TBird.. :denzel:
9: Goku :charizard: You got a really hard bracket at this. Thanks so much for driving out here and GGs!

fZk :lucas: That crew battle showing was crazy. You are a stupid man for not borrowing entry money from Benji.
Benji :sheik: I don't think we played a single game here? Thanks for showing and you should have entered bracket..
mCk :ness2: That 6PM hype. Never seen someone so eager to party that he drops like a rock over my sink 2 hours before bracket even started. I do hope you are feeling better.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
GENTLEMAN'S CLUB:
Yo, you guys are hype, and I'm glad you guys are having fun with Project M! Sick seeing all of you, and yeah Heinz it really is a shame we don't smash more lol, it's only like a 30 min drive. See you at rootfest 6 though, and hopefully Muskegon will be there too!

Lordy:
Another successful house tournament! Good **** all around, and congrats on your placing. We gotta find some time to smash, but we're both so busy :(

Recordings will be up probably tomorrow

...probably :denzel:

fZk

Smash Lord
This was a LOT of fun. The ride there and back was pretty precarious to say the least but it was definitely worth it. Thanks to Lordy and Tbird for hosting and good **** to everybody I played. The Kzoo crew is beast and a lot of the others have gotten a lot better since the last time.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Let's get right to the shoutouts:

1: Blake $36 :wolf:/:fox: - Didn't get to play you in tourney, but a Fox v MK run would've been hype. Good **** in GF's, you definitely turned it up to those patented tourney Blake levels. Thanks a ton for driving us all, especially driving my turnt @$$ home LOL
2: Lordy $18 :ike:/:falcon: - I'm getting friendlies in on your Ike next time for sure. Good ****, didn't think I'd have to bust out the Falco on Saturday :p Thanks for hosting! The Club had a blast. (Also, its Rh1thmz LOL everyone butchers it)
3: Rhythmiz $6 :metaknight:/:falcomelee: - #Lern2Ike #getbodied
4: TBird :falcon: - I know I told you a lot while I was turnt lol but you really have improved great leaps and bounds since TGO. Keep at it! Looking forward to some hype sets in the future from you.
5: Brayden :mewtwomelee: - Mewtwowat
5: Heinz :kirby2:/:falcon: - Good set in LQ, dude. I was definitely sweating. Super epic shoutouts as always. Good **** with Kirby, too. You got a lot farther with Kirby than I anticipated, and as you know, wasn't prepared that one night LOL
7: AF :luigi2: - Always bringing the Wedgie hype. Best quote of the night: (Blake: "JAMIE PUSHED A CAR, HE CAN DO ANYTHING!") Also, it never changes, but it must always stand to be said: **** misfire
7: root :sheilda: - Good stuff, man. Keep working at it, learn those fundamental tactics, offensively and defensively, with Sheik and Zelda like the back of your hand. Really dissect the mechanics of it all and comprehensively ask yourself why a tactic works/why a tactic doesn't. Thanks for recording! Can't wait to see the WF, LF, and GF sets, as well as MM's and crews :) Hopefully my MM and crews commentary was solid haha
9: Sarix :samus2: - Didn't get to play vs you, but the BlazBlue was hype, haha. Hype BlazBlue vs Elliot, that authentic controller looks nuts.
9: BFlake :lucario: - Sorry that I was already hella turnt when we played our friendlies, haha. Hopefully they were good games still. Let's get more matches in next time!
9: CockSock :ganondorf: - Dat Ganon in crews. Had Blake really sweating there, that was hype. Your tag is ridiculous btw
9: Goku :charizard: - Apparently you drove out pretty far for this, so thanks for coming! The Zard looked hype. Let's play some games if we meet again!

Also, shoutouts to fZk and dat Lucas for putting in WORK in crews, as you guys will see soon enough when it gets uploaded lol. Hope to see you sometime, dude. We should get some Lucas v MK matches in!

Shoutouts to Benji, as well, for showing me why DK is gdlk lol. Sorry about being pretty turnt when we played lolAlso, stay one character for more than 2 matches :088: Let's get in lots of friendlies next time!

Shoutouts to anyone else I missed for being there; it was all hype. Oh, and McKillington for turning up HELLA early and peacing out long before bracket LOL hope the following day wasn't too rough for you >.<

Can't wait for the next one!

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
1: Blake $36 :wolf:/:fox:-
2: Lordy $18 :ike:/:falcon:- ggs in tourney intense sets as always. the tourney was hype and hanging out after was a good time. Kzoo will definitely try to make it to the next lordy fest lol. Hopefully you come to Rootfest/
3: Rhythmiz $6 :metaknight:/:falcomelee: we didnt play in tourney but ggs vs lordy. he has now beaten 2 gentlemen falcos........ but you got him next time
4: TBird :falcon:- hype seeing you and learning about magic and stuff. you owned zbets M2 so thats hype. definitely gotta smash again sometime
5: Brayden :mewtwomelee:- good stuff sticking to M2. i wanted you to win but that falcon was to stronk.
5: Heinz :kirby2:/:falcon:- PUT some KETchup ON IT.
7: AF :luigi2:- you moved my car you can do anything, except not get baped, jk SAVOR THE FLAVOR
7: root :sheilda:- commin too rootfest, gonnna get turnt up
9: Sarix :samus2:- hype seeing you own elliot in blazeblue haha
9: BFlake :lucario:- sweet lucario and good stuff teaching me about magic. you vs heinze was an intense set
9: CockSock :ganondorf:- dat cocksock. your name has changed my life since i first heard it.
9: Goku :charizard:- good luck in china and sweet 'Zard lol.
hype tourney and definitely going to the next one and rootfest, and to Juan the lucas that was the most hype crew battle showing ive ever seen, i got owned and you pretty much guarenteed that we won that. Hopefully get to vs you in EL some time

Top Bottom