• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looks like now we know why Olimar was released...

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
They did with Sonic to Olimar...used him to present new, good news, then slaming us hard with the bad...I hate delays, especially when they are for Brawl. But then again, don't we all?

Brenco55

Smash Cadet
more like a double dose of bad news! i'd wait another month if olimar was removed

icymatt

Smash Lord
What if they show another new character this week? Will it be for the same reason?

I think, more likely, they showed Olimar because they want to finish posting all the starting characters before the game comes out in Japan.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
I don't think it'd be for the same reason. Look people, if he said he knew that the news will spread about the game and secrets would unfold then he may not be doing updates after the Japanese release. IF he were then it wouldn't be payed much attention. So nothing to soothe us if it's delayed again after Japanese release.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I don't think Olimar is a very good softener for the extra delay. I'm hoping for Geno, Megaman or another 3rd Party. Or Sheik. TONIGHT.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Olimar is the main character of a franchise that no one knows about. Sonic is the main character of a former system and handheld-developer's franchise, and is the most reconizable third party character. BIG F***ING DIFFRENCE!

Geos88

Smash Cadet
Olimar is no sonic, seriously. But the Challenge Mode seems like a good update for the delay. At least for me.

Top Bottom