• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking to start a smash community in Anaheim CA

How would you like the first tourney to have no venue fees?

• Yes

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

yourbigmom

Smash Cadet
NNID
yourbigmom
Hello there my name is Yones. As you can see I live in Anaheim ca. It has come to my attention that there is not much tournaments in orange county.

For the most part a smasher must travel to LA or Inland to go to the nearest ones recently. As I've seen on the forums and other tournaments recently some smashes do live closer to anahiem or in it.

What I'm interested in is starting a closer community in Anaheim. I have already scouted out a few places and the venue issue is not a problem .
What I'm now calling for is any smasher who lives in Anaheim, Fullerton, irvine,Staton, Buena Park, or any other in orange county. (Of course any one else is welcome to come!)
But what my goal is,is to have a closer community near by Anahiem.

Im open to smash 4 and melee and I on my own can provide two full setups for wii u and 1 for melee.
What I really need is others who can provide setups.
Tourney fees and games can all be discussed but we must first find ones who can support and help out in the first place.

Anyone in so cal please respond!!

Please join this discussion as I am hoping to give birth to a new community!!!

Last edited:

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
I live in Aliso Viejo, and I would love to see the smash community here grow, but it actually does already exist! (Took me a while to figure out that it does exist though) I found out that there actually are weekly local tournaments here. I personally go to the tournies at Oomba, Fridays at the Laguna Hills Mall. It is a really good venue, and some amazing players compete there, such as mrconcon, who is ranked 23rd in the world right now and is a regular visitor. I know that there is at least one more weekly smash 4 tournament in Orange County, but I have never been to it. However, if there were tournaments in Anaheim, I would probably go there a few times too! If you want to see more about the smash community around here, check out the SoCal Smash 4 Facebook page, or this SoCal tournament schedule here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ud8AVLIx0Wccwy9ikDvT5n17L_6zFYI6QBbDj3o2Qeg/htmlview#

5UX0R

Smash Rookie
Just wondering if you, Yones, have started anything or are still looking to start something in Anaheim. I can provide a full setup and I know some people that could join us as well.

Top Bottom