• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking to advance in skill

Alexastonishing

Smash Rookie
OK so first off I'm new to smashboards but not new to forums and competitive play.
I'm very Competitive in everything i do.
I play Call of Duty mlg variant on a higher skill level than most.
Same for Halo, Yugioh (lol i know nerdy), and almost anything else i do.
I already understand tier lists for ssbm. I understand edge gaurding. Wave dashing (although im not very good at it) and other aspects needed to play on higher levels.

I play as mained shiek and although I'm probably asking to be trolled/flammed.. i was wondering if anyone knew some tips to edge up my game. I watch alot of videos as they are a VERY important tool to becoming better. And i play whenever able.

If there are already other threads with the information I'm seeking by all means Link me them and disregard this post..
thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to becoming a valued member of SB :)

Tldr; hi im new get me good

Mooo

Smash Apprentice
If you wanna get good, this Forums really ar egreat help.
But they are not all it takes, if you wanna get good, play!
Play with as many competitive people as possible, play against Pros that are way better than you and ask for advice! Search someone in your area to regularly play with, get someone to kinda rival with so that you have drive to get good.

DukeMotok

Smash Rookie
Your story's pretty much the same as mine actually. Just joined, and I'm trying to up my game and become a tournament level player. I play with another person on this website as much as I can, and all I can say is that you just have to play with as many people as you can. I main Dr. Mario but it's mostly the same thing.

Alexastonishing

Smash Rookie
I appreciate all the Links.. im practicing Rcanceling (still not sure if im doing it right)
Not gonna be able to play for about a month (Im going to NY to see my dying grandmother one last time and then since im in the army reserves im going to dominican republic for annual training) but once i get back. i'll buy a Wii (traded mine a while ago for an xbox) and ill be online ALOT. when i get back ill be loking for a regular partner to spar with.. preferably someone on a higher level of play than me who is willing to be patient (although im a quick learner) if anyone is interested let me know. I'll do lans and such once im on a high level of play.
I do GB regularly for Cod. And plan on doing the same for SSBB.

Top Bottom