• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for Tips to be a better Marthian

LORDDJINNX

Smash Rookie
Hello,

I am sure it has been covered before and as I continue to read through this forum, I am seeing more and more tips, but I was hoping to condense some of the information into a single thread.

Here is my low-down.

I am a pretty good Marth player. I am not claiming to be the best, but I have played online and with all my friends and bested quite a number of them. Anyways, I am looking for hints and tips that I may not have yet discovered.

As you can see, I am a "Smash n00b" here so the lingo and tip names are a completely different language to me. So if you could help me out and explain what some of the moves (tech, combo, glitches) I would really appreciate it.

Thanks and look forward to your responses!

LORDDJINNX

Smash Rookie
haha ya i know the smash n00b deals with posts :) was just expressing my n00bishness to the site ;-)

spacing? As i mentioned, i dont know the lingo yet.

like for example Nair, Dair, etc... WTF are you talking about!! lol All that kind of lingo i dont know yet and i am totally confused ;-)

Bug

Smash Rookie
The assorted Marth guides are pretty good.

Supak's guide goes through the different moves and evaluates them. Fair = forward air (just shorthand), bair = back air, etc.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=157919

m2k's stickied thread goes into more detailed discussion, more tournament oriented and much more in depth with more advanced strategy. I would go with supak's to begin with and after figuring out Marth as a character, go read m2k's guide.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=143923

Eltrotraw

Smash Journeyman
Spacing generally refers to keeping your distance. With a character like Marth, this is vital, especially with some of the tipper attacks being more powerful than they were in Melee.

In the case of Marth, it's kinda like, dancing around just in range for your sword to strike, or staying far enough away so that you're just out of range of your opponent's attacks, but still close enough to punish them if they whiff.

...at least that's how I see it.

TLMarth

Smash Ace

C-Stick

Smash Rookie
Dude, Marth is absolutely amazing. If you're fighting anyone who doesn't put more than five hours a week into the game, Marth is a definate win. I found if you are facing your opponent, roll behind them, c-stick them in the back, and while they're in the air dash under them and Up-B their butt. You can do it for at least three matches until they catch on.

Top Bottom