• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for tips on improving!

PokemonyeWest

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4770-2872
I'm beginning to upload some matches I have online w/ people onto my YouTube account. So far I only have a few videos, and only wins uploaded but my level of play can be best described as scrubby and predictable. I plan on uploading some losses I have, too. I do want to become a better player though. This isn't my first foray into competitive fighting games, I've been playing Street Fighter and MvC these last few years and even entered a few tournaments. Only recently have I begun to appreciate Smash as a legitimate fighting game (sry pals!) So please, if your constructive criticism needs to be harsh don't pull any punches. If I'm a scrub then that's just what I am.

A few problems I can see that I have with my game is properly spacing dash grabs, ground control, too much rolling, and predictable dash attacks. Two of those I can fix on my own but spacing dash grabs and controlling the ground are things that escape me. My air game could also use some improvement.

**No Capture Card sadly. The audio might not sync properly at some parts but the videos are all uploaded in 720p!

The playlist, updates sporadically: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLayC9sBH1p407yPIPacfts4p-WQq4mLHh

Last edited:
Top Bottom