• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for someone to help me break through a wall

KinanEldari

Smash Rookie
NNID
KinanEldari
3DS FC
1118-0325-7984
'scuse the repost from the Smash3DS forum, but I done F'ed up. So once more, with feeling...!

Hey folks. If you caught my thread in the welcome centre, you already know what this post is for. If not, do read on if you have time and the patience!

In short, I've been at Smash 4 for a while, and I've come to a point where I've hit a metaphorical wall that I suspect to be, and therefore call "sub-tournament level." I've noticed that there's people who are at my level, thus I often get fairly equal matches out of them. And then there's this level of player above me that I, for the life of me, can't do much more than 30-35% damage to before I lose both my stock. It's a very consistent trend and no matter how much I try pushing back against players like this, I can't seem to improve even a little bit.

So what I'm here for is not someone to teach me, controls, combos or characters. I need someone from that tier of players to help me figure out what the difference is between me and them. Besides "lawl im just betr, nub," of course.

kingman1

Smash Rookie
NNID
kingman1
They just react faster and can predict what your're going to do. It comes with playing for a long time.

KinanEldari

Smash Rookie
NNID
KinanEldari
3DS FC
1118-0325-7984
This isn't just about reaction time though as I'm fairly quick on the draw myself. Hence why I come to ask for help. I can't just give up on facing these tougher opponents just because the challenge is too much. I want to be able to present a decent challenge for those people too.

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
Prediction skills for sure. They can predict your next move and prepare for it accordingly. You should become aware of your habits so you aren't so predictable (being predictable intentionally is still good though - when your opponent thinks they have a pattern, you slap them in the face because you were faking it) and become more capable of reading your opponent's patterns as well. Make sure you aren't falling for an intentional pattern though.

Top Bottom