• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

looking for shiek and fundementals teacher

ethan wesel

Smash Rookie
i feel like my fundamentals are weak overall i am posting some gameplay videos of my shiek getting beat by for glory players i am really experienced in other fighting games like PASBR for PS Vita so i will probably pick things up quickly you can message me on smash boards or reply to this thread if you are willing to teach me or give any commentary on my game play.
Thanks Guys!

her is the link to the gameplay turns out file size was large because i took it on my phone

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B6Olm7Ogt8znOFg5ektkUngxUlE&export=download

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Olm7Ogt8znZmFPdG4zN1hsX28/view
here is the second video

Last edited by a moderator:

keikashi12

Smash Cadet
NNID
keikashi12
Hi there! I go by keikashi it's nice to meet you. I've been maining sheik for quite some time so I like to help aspiring sheik mains with sheik. Now I would consider myself an above average sheik because I've been using sheik for awhile and I understand how she plays and have mastered over half of her techs so I'd love to give some advice. The only video I was able to see was the olimar video because the other link wouldn't let me view the video for some reason, but Anywho let me tell you some things that I saw. Now it looks like you have a general idea of how to use sheik just not how to optimize her tools to apply pressure and overwhelm your opponent. I saw you utilizing short hop a couple times which I liked, but I would have liked to see more approaches with short hop fair rather than recklessly grabbing. it seemed like you didnt know how to approach your opponent and you kinda let him dictate the pace of the match. sheik has two playstyle that she can utilize. She can either be defensive (campy with needles, grenade etc) or, since sheik is a zone breaker, she can be played aggressively which I think is the best way to play sheik. When you were using your fair, you weren't spacing it correctly and that can lead to you getting shield grabbed alot. (Even though you didnt get grabbed, just for reference) Fair is safe on shield if spaced correctly. Fair is a pretty big fundamental to me because of how safe it can be when used correctly and the amount of follow ups that it has. And while I'm on follow ups, you were throwing out too many grabs wildly and giving up neutral by getting punished for failed grab attempts. Don't be afraid of olimar pikmin. Powershielding the pikmin is your best option and then going for a short hop fair, dash attack, nair or simply into a grab. At low percents try to stay away from your down throw. While it does allot you some follow ups, forward throw leads to way better follow ups like fair strings, bouncing fish reverse aerial rush bair etc. I wouldn't start using down throw until around maybe 100 percent and up because at that point you can start looking for the air dodge into vanish or just down throw into up air. Also make sure you don't become a sitting duck with sheik. You have to Move around a little more so you don't get harassed by grab. Sheik has the tools to pressure your opponent with her auto cancel attacks and her ability to combo off almost everything. Now your fundamentals aren't exactly weak, I would more so say that you maybe just don't know how to utilize them properly. Short hop fair with sheik is a must know, run to shield, learning out of shield options (nair, short hop fair) perfect pivot (basic gameplay for every character pretty much. Recommend learning) and needles. Needles is one of the best projectiles because of how fast they are and they pretty much force your opponent on the defensive. I usually throw so many needles at my opponent that they stay in shield and I mix them up on grabs and various attacks. This is pretty much what I saw and I hope I didn't miss anything. Look around the sheik boards also whenever you have time and pick up some techs with sheik. Sheik being a pretty technical character, there's alot of stuff you can do with her that can help your game that much more. If you have more questions about anything, just message me or reply here and I'll help you as best as I can. Also I would recommend messaging a user called (_tree). He helped me with a critique of my sheik that made me a whole lot better and I was able to see some of my flaws with sheik.

Top Bottom