• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for Ness mains

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Hi everyone. I'm surprised that it's encouraged to make a new thread as a new member just because. Seems a bit overkill but all right.

I'm a smasher from Sweden and I just registered. Feeling a bit of shame for that. Been wanting to for a long time. I have a couple of questions.

First, how do you search for members on the site, by member's names?

And, any Ness mains out there?! I really wanna get in contact with other Ness players so I can play with y'll on Smash 4.

Also, is the "Smash rookie" only connected to your activity on the site?

Finally, Is it allowed to post your Twitter, blog, Youtube, for example, in this post?

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Hey there, Otaku.

I wouldn't call this process "overkill" since it's not like this is something that's mandatory or anything. Just a simple little thing to warm you into the community is all.

- Click on the Members tab up at the top and just start typing out a member's username in the search bar

- For Ness discussion, you could head to the Ness section here: http://smashboards.com/threads/ness.324193/

- Your 'Smash Rookie' title does indeed relate to your activity. It's a post count system. Once you reach a certain amount of posts, you'll eventually receive a new user title

- You are free to have your social networks included in your signature if you'd like.

Hope all that helps. Enjoy the forums :)

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Hokori
- I mean that it's overkill in the sense that so many threads are created and then only used for a very little time or not at all. Seems like other sites would consider it spam. Just a thought.

I was asking about the members search because the name I wanted to use wasn't available. The person that has that name has only made 2 posts and was last active Aug 12, 2008. Is there any way I could obtain his user name?

Thank you for the answers.

Welcome to the boards!
Thank you Flight.

Last edited:

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
(sorry for double posting, I'm testing something)
(why isn't my signature showing up here?)
(oh, I couldn't post replies, they showed up as links...)

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Understood.

In order to change your name, you'd have to upgrade to a Premium account since that's a Premium feature only (name changing). If you're interested, click on the 'Premium' tab at the top of the page. You'd also have to ask an Administrator to see if obtaining the name from the inactive user would be okay.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Oh... Damn. Then I'd have to delete this account and make another one instead.

How do I contact an admin?

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
You can go back to the Members tab, then click the 'Staff Members' tab and you can find all of the Administrators there. It'd be best to contact Virgilijus or Xiivi. To contact them, simply click on their name, then click 'Start a Conversation'. Alternatively, you could click the mail icon towards the top of the page and start a conversation from there.

Mattatari

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
MATT#715
NNID
TheSaiyanKid
3DS FC
0817-5200-0570
I love playing Ness! (Earthbound is my favorite game)

I main Ness in PM, and I back up with him in Brawl xD

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Yes, just as a character I love him. I love telekinetics and stuff like that. X3
And I'm a Mother fan too, even though I'm ashamed to say I haven't played them much... ._.'

I love playing Ness! (Earthbound is my favorite game)

I main Ness in PM, and I back up with him in Brawl xD
Did you discover that you liked Ness late? (asking because of your other mains) So are you excited to play him in Smash 4?

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Haha. Do you have a picture of this shrine? I'm so getting the Ness Amiibo for sure btw.

If anyone wanna talk Ness and Smash or whatever, look me up on Twitter or Skype. ^^ I wanna play with you guys when the game is out, so don't forget me~!

TheSeanMan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Seanybobo2
3DS FC
2492-5096-7585
Haha. Do you have a picture of this shrine? I'm so getting the Ness Amiibo for sure btw.

If anyone wanna talk Ness and Smash or whatever, look me up on Twitter or Skype. ^^ I wanna play with you guys when the game is out, so don't forget me~!
Ness amiibo will be the only one I get.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
I'd like some more but I don't wanna buy a lot so probably just Ness and maybe Mewtwo and/or Kirby.

200X!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sweetidealism
3DS FC
5327-0916-5405
Ness main here, too ~ :D

I've played as Ness since the very first game. I remember being so excited when I learned he would be in. At the time, I only ever knew maybe one friend to have also played it. Couple that with being entirely unaware of just how popular the would-be trilogy was in Japan, and to a 10 year old it was as though Ness was included exclusively for me. <3

No matter his tier placement this time around, I'm certain that I'll main him once again in Smash 4. It's so close now!! D:

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Yes, I do not care about tier lists. I do not care about the power of a character. I care about the character's character. (XD) The design and what he/she stands for. And how he simply feels to use. And I love Ness. I tried to main Lucas in Brawl but I couldn't.

Hi 200X, nice to see another full on Ness main. ^o^/

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
Heya, Ness main reporting in here. I main Ness in Melee and P:M. Probably will for Smash 4 as well.

Last edited:

pikafire

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2509-2906-9493
I like to use Ness as my main character in the original Super Smash Bros, and since then I rotate between him and others in the other 2 games. Excited he's (probably) gonna be in the SSB 3DS!

Welcome!

Last edited:

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Ooh! So many Ness players. So nice to see. Really didn't expect that. Hi LovinMitts and thanks Pikafire. Feel free to add me on Skype or your Wii U guys.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
A bit late, but welcome to the forums~

Also I am a huge Ness main. I like using Lucas as well, but Ness has been my main man since 64.

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
Another Ness main chiming in. Welcome to the forums. Not sure how well the online will work, distance considered, but I would love to have a match with ya sometime on SSB4.

Top Bottom