• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for help against Rosalina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
>High tiers can still struggle with Rosalina at times
>Zelda, a bottom tier, has an advantage

What world am I living in?
To be fair, in Brawl, Fox does have an awful match-up against Sheik, despite being ranked higher than her on Brawl's tier list.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They're both shoved in our faces for advertisements, though :^)
Like literally why do you come to a character board (i.e. most people in that board probably really like the character) looking for advice on how to face that character and then start making statements that are both an attempt to insult and fallacious information at the same time, right off the bat? Talk about a bad first impression. >.>

Anyway, you seem to main Pac-Man. He is fine against Rosalina. He can get rid of Luma really easily, more so than most other characters on the roster, and his Hydrant is great at preventing her from U-air juggling/KO'ing you (not to mention your floaty physics), and can get rid of Luma itself too.

I really don't think Rosalina has any bad match-ups in the game, only even or advantageous. Pac-Man I'd give a rating of 55:45 or 60:40 in Rosalina's favour, but if a Pac-Man player plays better than the Rosalina player, Pac-Man will win.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
In my experience, Mario, Luigi, and Falcon are NOT good match ups against Rosalina & Luma.

Mario and Luigi can KO Luma with a backthrow, and Mario can even potentially cape gimp Rosalina's recovery, but it doesn't make up for the fact that these characters get bodied in every other possible way. They simply don't have the speed or range to get in on Rosalina & Luma.

Falcon's big frame and fast fall speed means he gets combo'd by everything RosaLuma wants to do, and he gets gimped extremely easily. Sure he's fast but it's still very difficult for him to get in on RosaLuma.

If you want to pick up another character for the purpose of beating RosaLuma, Diddy Kong is your best bet. After that, Sonic and Pikachu are your best bets. Olimar is a solid pick as well.

Among the characters you mention that you play regularly, I would say Mega Man has the best match up against her.
Falcon does fine against Rosalina, and you're also overstating Rosalina's advantage against Mario. He doesn't get bodied 'in every other possible way', but he has a difficult time consistently getting in Rosalina's personal space, even when Luma is gone because Rosalina's DA and grab throws give her a consistent method to buy time. Rosalina also has pretty simple time juggling Mario uncontested and forcing him into air dodge frame traps.

In terms of ease, it's:

Falcon > Mario > Luigi.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
If Wario actually matched up well against Rosalina, I would've expected Abadango to switch to him during Apex instead of being timed out repeatedly as Pac. Wario hates range and disjoints, and RosaLuma have both aplenty.

Re: Zelda, the reasoning is that Din's/Phantom/DA all dispatch of Luma easily, her dair is great at intercepting Launch Star (active 11 frames, even the weak hit spikes) while Farore's Wind is harder to edgeguard against, and Zelda kills much earlier than Luma-less Rosalina. I don't agree with the ratio (Rosalina wins imo) but w/e, point is she has tools in the MU.

_____

Mega Man and Mario match up the best out of the characters you currently play. If you're strictly looking for the anti-Rosalina, pick up Diddy. Above all else however, I'd suggest that you play Rosalina yourself for a bit to get a better understanding of her weaknesses and maybe convert to the superior character.

Rosalina _88

Smash Rookie
Ditto, to be frank, characters I see as real potential threats are Sheik & Diddy. However some characters do have some fun tools against her, Zelda however isn't one of them.
In all fairness, Sheik and Diddy are threats to everyone.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sheik and Diddy are great, but they aren't hard counters to Rosalina.

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
No one hard counters Rosalina but she has a few ehh match ups. I personally struggle against rush down, especially sonic. **** him. I can't keep up with sanic speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom