• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for guide

So I Like Pie

Smash Rookie
Hey recently started playing Captain Falcon and there seem to not be a guide of some sort in PM. I know Captain Falcon is a lil different in PM than Melee, but could I just read the guides over there without there being a huge difference? Not looking for a full fledged guide, but more of a list of some of his combos.

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
Hey recently started playing Captain Falcon and there seem to not be a guide of some sort in PM. I know Captain Falcon is a lil different in PM than Melee, but could I just read the guides over there without there being a huge difference? Not looking for a full fledged guide, but more of a list of some of his combos.
There aren't really any long written guides for capitalizing on the new things PM Falcon can do, so I'd just recommend watching videos of my Falcon, as I have probably the world's strongest punish game with PM Falcon, and I take advantage of lots of new things PM Falcon can do.

MasterMar

Smash Rookie
As far as basics for Falcon go, very good fundamentals are necessary to do well.
A lot of his game revolves around SHFFLing aerials and very quick movement (dash/wavedashing), so make sure you have those down.
And as a word of advice, don't use his dash attack very often, if at all.
It sucks.

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723

yohoos

Smash Apprentice
That thread is absolutely terrible, for so many reasons, lol, and lacking in good footage for Falcon.
imo, the only Falcons worth watching are old Hax videos, s2j, and me, I feel like literally all the other Falcons are basically just strictly worse versions of the three of us.
I use to think that too but I actually checked it a few times recently and they have been updating it pretty well. They even have the recent M2K Falcon vs Zero's Pit. They don't update the names outside the spoilers unfortunately.

Personally, I feel that most Falcon videos will teach you all the same things about Falcon because he is a simple character so as long as you watch a relatively competent Falcon player play it's fine if all you care about is learning the character. The good thing about watching higher level Falcons play is that you begin to see how some players play around certain characters strengths. So honestly it's not really about who is playing Captain Falcon in the video but more so who the player is playing against. For example, M2K may not understand Falcon as well as Hax but he can beat Zero's Pit therefore making the video worth watching.

Last edited:
Top Bottom