• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for critique

NoPrisoners

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't call this "spacing". Spacing on CPUs is vastly different than spacing humans. They do ridiculous things and are frame perfect on weird things. Also they know what you're doing half the time. I suggest you use CPUs for practice on learning the physics of characters, but nothing more.

:phone:

Squirt

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't call this "spacing". Spacing on CPUs is vastly different than spacing humans. They do ridiculous things and are frame perfect on weird things. Also they know what you're doing half the time. I suggest you use CPUs for practice on learning the physics of characters, but nothing more.

:phone:
Yeah, I understand that humans are going to be much more advanced in the spacing "department" however I think CPUs can be used to practice. Something I've learned fighting CPU's is that they are decent at punishing when you are vulnerable. It doesn't matter how fast you are playing, CPU's will be able to punish you in situations that even some humans wouldn't guess.

I feel that's what practicing spacing should be about: understanding when you are vulnerable and learning how to plan your attacks so that you can't be punished.

Top Bottom