• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for advice concerning my stream setup

C0DEMAN

Smash Rookie
I'm the tech guy at our eastern tournament AEX, and I've been searching high and low for an optimal stream setup. I want to be able to stream and record the game feed at 480p60 while still utilizing CRT's for the players so there's no lag on their end. Currently, I've only been able to record via composite and have only recently achieved 60fps from a cheap composite-to-HDMI converter into my capture card. The only practical ways I've found for getting a clean 480p output is by using PC CRT monitors, or high end gaming monitors. The problem with those is that CRT's are kinda small for my liking, and gaming monitors are way out of my budget. I really want to know how VGBC does it because I believe they're use CRT TV's for their setup.
I've looked into a component to composite converter to convert the 480p output down for the CRT.(https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003FJKHBU/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_oFKtwbBNCSY9N) But I'm not sure how I feel about that, in terms of possible lab and image quality.

Here's my current setup

GameCube/Wii > amplified composite splitter > composite-to-HDMI converter (and a CRT tv) > AverMedia PCIe capture card

Top Bottom