• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for advice against Marth

Vrmillion

Smash Rookie
Hello, Marthboards!

I come here relatively often looking for tips on using Marth, but this time I'm here for the opposite.

I main Corrin, and Marth is a character I've been struggling against since day one. Does anyone have any experience with the matchup and would like to share? I've worked around his edgeguarding, but I just can't seem to break his spacing. I keep dying to ftilts and utilts mostly, and it seems like Marth has the speed advantage to beat me on the ground, the range advantage in the air (minus Corrin's bair, which also has the unfortunate side effect of extending your hurtbox), and the very clear difference in recovery quality offstage.

Any advice would be appreciated!

GeflGabe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeflGabe
3DS FC
4141-7244-4594
Switch FC
SW-7469-5871-5880
As long as you stay the heck on the stage, you should be fine. Our ledge guarding is Corrin's bane. Marth's attacks come out slower than most moves so you want to try to rush them with quick attacks and grabs to counter the counter. Corrin's Fsmash and side B are pretty useful with dealing with Marth's nerfed but still decent range.

Last edited:

zzmorg82

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch FC
2476 2506 3411
In my experience, you have to stay close to Marth and pressure him. Since you're using Corrin, Side-B, F-Smash, and Neutral-B are good options to out space him.

ElementUser

Smash Cadet
Corrin has a lot more combos & tools in neutral than Marth does, so abuse those against him. Fair strings with Corrin is a real thing unlike with Marth

TheYellowBlaze

Smash Cadet
Shussshh guys. Why should we give them an advantage over us ;p. Forcing Marth to approach is probably one of your best bets. From my experience, and many others', Marth is bad at approaching. This can put you at an advantageous position.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer

NeoFranky

Smash Rookie
Marth's frame data also gets the best of him, so you can punish pretty much anything if you're close, but outside of his range. Know your opponent's habits and when they throw out moves and punish those.

Top Bottom