• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

looking for a good second??

a-mar

Smash Cadet
well my main is samus and as well my absoloute favorite!!
but my friends always give me crap beacause i dont have a secondary character to play
so my question is what would be a good chracter to complement the skills i have picked up playing samus??

BTW: my play style is a littel missle spam but i love to be in the frey!! also i can wave dash but havent quite yet figured out how to incorperate it in to my play syle. if that helps

any sugestions would be great, thanks!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I like alting as Jiggs and Marth, but honestly, it's up to you. Just experiment with other characters and find one that fits your taste.

gamefreak2006

Smash Cadet
My main is samus, but I find myself using fox more and more in tournament play. For me, fox takes care of all of my bad match ups (ganon, falcon, sheik), and he also gives me a huge variety of counter-picks when paired with samus. Having a tank character like samus and a quick character like fox has helped my tournament placing tremendously.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
I main samus and second link. now you guys all wonder WHAT?!?!? TWO MIDDLE TIERS?!?! i think yes! if your up against a character that you need to shield grab then why not link, but then again samus's out of shield options are great. It doesn't really matter what your friends say if you can **** them with samus, i stick to samus no matter what unless they've really figured me out good

mffns

Smash Cadet
Right now im maining, and second sheik. For me its perfect, having a defense character that can deal damage for afar, and then i have sheik who is fun to play and combo your oponents with.

Mars-

Smash Champion
I play fox/falco/ganon/marth as seconds, but never in tournaments. I really only focus on being good with samus though.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Pick one character, get great with that character, thats your main...get a secondary and play them often but not as much as your main. I dislike people saying they play the entire board, yeah, so can I, just not well.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I disagree blue. You shouldn't tell people to only use one character. Especially when they are asking for a secondary. Some people actually have the skill and talent to use more then one character. Don't disparage them because you cannot. Why would you dislike it when someone say's that they play everyone? Obviously that person is going to have a good sense for match-ups and how to handel other characters very well. Don't give people advice that is specific for you..if you suck at using more then one character then don't tell other people they shouldnt use more then one. Sure you should have a main..but that doesn't mean you shouldn't play more then just that character in tournament. Last tournament I went to I used Samus/Fox/IC's/Shiek and my IC's and Shiek won more because of the match-ups even though I almost never play IC's and shiek and I main Samus and fox. Having the ability to play more then a couple of characters is great to have and the people who do should make use of it.

To the TC: I would say Fox and Shiek are the best secondarys for a samus player.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
I think what the bluedeath guy was saying is that you should try and master one charactor. And if you master that charactor you can take on anymatch-up even if it sucks. Right now i am messing around with 5 diferent players but i play as Samus 80% to master her......
If you play as all 26 players then you will not master any of them........

REDRAGON

Corigames

Smash Hero
Don't play another character because your friends want you to, bad decision. I wanted a second character and I went with Roy. Why Roy? I want to get back at the Marths in the most humiliating way... "This game's winner is... ROY"

a-mar

Smash Cadet
thanks to everyone for there sugestions

i have been toying around with the space animals right now, i have to say falco is comming more naturaly to me now however,

one problem i have, and tell me if anyone else experinces this also, when i play samus i find i can generaly conduct battle where i chouse, given the tank like proprites of samus and the best crouch cancle in the game, however i am having trouble with other characters just keeping the battle where i would like it to be??

as a life long samus i dont take being kicked accross the level at 20% very well:)

any sugestions??

Jasona

Smash Ace
i tried playing not-samus once... everything was weird. SHing, recovering, grabbing, rolling, no guns... too weird. I am not doing that again

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LOL

Replace playing with having and non-samus with sex in jasonas post and it is halrious.

Metal_man69

Smash Cadet
LOL

Replace playing with having and non-samus with sex in jasonas post and it is halrious.
:laugh:

I main Samus and like using Kirby as a secondary because my worst matchups as Samus (Sheik, C. Falcon, Ganon) seem to be Kirby's slightly less crappy high/mid tier matchups.

Basically what gamefreak said except Kirby doesn't take care of those matchups he's just another alternative.

Kick

Smash Apprentice
its really up to you.

i main samus, but my second is Cpt. Falcon!?:crazy:

so yeah, just find someone you like and start playing. how i picked up cpt. falcon is by watching combo vids of falcon and knee combos. I said to myself "that is way too cool." so i picked up falcon.

if youre looking for someone, go watch some combo vids of chars youre thinking of and whichever blows your mind the most, go with it.

Samus Syndrome

Smash Apprentice
I personally got better with Samus in training mode by trying to make my Samus more smooth. Even though I was not fighting anyone it worked for me because I could try out combos and later try them out on friends.

I suggest going into training mode and seeing who comes most naturally.

Marth_marth

Smash Cadet
Only tough thing about having one of the space animals as a second with samus is that their playing style is so different but if you can pull it of (i think hylian also uses samus and fox correct me if me wrong) it will help you become a more all around player.

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
I like alting as Jiggs and Marth, but honestly, it's up to you. Just experiment with other characters and find one that fits your taste.

Jigss is fun like that. No missiles, but is a nice defensive character that also never dies off the side :p. I started picking her up lately just because it is a fun character to play and seems to work well with my skills with samus.

Also, I have heard that Link comes easily to Samus players. I tried him out and have alot of fun with him, but I do not really play him seriously. That said, projectile spam does come pretty easy, and it rocks still being able to grapple :D

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I don't like Link because he falls too fast for me. It just doesnt fit for me.

Top Bottom