• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for a good Melee emulator.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Howdy!
I've been planning on playing Melee for a while. My problem is I don't own a Gamecube (or Wii, or a TV for that matter.)
So are there any decent PC emulators?

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It runs the melee games you provide lol
Well, that's what I'm getting at.

What would be the minimum requirements to do so?
In other words, would it work on a Chromebook or HP laptop?

Last edited:
NNID
dansalvato
Well, that's what I'm getting at.

What would be the minimum requirements to do so?
In other words, would it work on a Chromebook or HP laptop?
Gamecube/Wii emulation is very resource-intensive and requires a solid processor to play at full speed. Chromebooks are most likely out of the question. The best way to find out is to simply try it yourself and see what kind of frame rate you get.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Gamecube/Wii emulation is very resource-intensive and requires a solid processor to play at full speed. Chromebooks are most likely out of the question. The best way to find out is to simply try it yourself and see what kind of frame rate you get.
What about HP?

Kramwood

Smash Cadet
the brand doesn't matter . the technical specifications Like CPU/GPU speed and RAM matter.
Like for instance, on my Laptop running windows I can get melee to barely run at 55-60 frames per second on less vibrant colored stages such as Battle Field and FD and here are my specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53Ghz w/ Integrated Graphics (this means my cpu and gpu come from the same source.)
8GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256mb vram

To play On more stages you'd need a better CPU than what I have.

To check you're system Specifications:

Windows: Right Click on "My Computer" and scroll down to "Properties".
Mac Os X: Go to apple logo and click "about this mac" Then click "More Info"
If you're on linux I hope to god that you can figure out what your tech specs are.
Also, Dolphin runs better and is more developed on windows. if you have a mac try dual booting it with windows.

If you're still confused try googling what cpu, gpu and ram are.

Last edited:
Top Bottom