• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for a Fourth- Diddy?

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
I'm looking into having a 4th character. I'm crossing R.O.B. off my list of characters I've given a chance and he's just not for me.

I already main Olimar and Snake as my Mains, Ike is my secondary in training and I'd like to have a 4th and I think Diddy covers what I miss in the others.

Basically what I'm asking in this thread.

Is Diddy fun, a possible counter pick to some characters and is he difficult to learn?

Player-1

Smash Legend
Diddy is definantely a counter pick, he very fun to use (banana combos), you'll cream noobs with diddy but as the player gets harder your going to need other things for diddy like glide tossing, so you can say is semi difficult to learn? something like that not hard but not easy

Scala

Smash Ace
There's a lot of depth in strategically playing the bananas correctly. If you are inexperienced they'll be turned against you and you'll find yourself not using the best weapon diddy has simply because you're scared of it.

It takes a lot of practice to be able to have a constant attack stream against the enemy. Since you're choosing him for your fourth, he's still is a large time investment since he isn't quite as straightforward as marth or any of the space animals.

He's a great counterpick though. He pretty much destroys any large opponent.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I'm looking into having a 4th character. I'm crossing R.O.B. off my list of characters I've given a chance and he's just not for me.

I already main Olimar and Snake as my Mains, Ike is my secondary in training and I'd like to have a 4th and I think Diddy covers what I miss in the others.

Basically what I'm asking in this thread.

Is Diddy fun, a possible counter pick to some characters and is he difficult to learn?
lol...he is the funnest of them all ;]]

buuuut don't pick him...he is terrible!!

saberhof

Smash Master
Diddy is one of the best characters, but requires allot of strategy and thinking during the battle, and keeping track of lots of stuff(like bananas)...

so hes not that hard to learn, hes just hard to develop with your thinking, cause its always different(vs good players)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol, I was just about to make the same thread, but for a secondary. I use DDD as of now, but he's just...idk. I used diddy a little against a friend and he's certainly fun to use.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I too am looking at Diddy as a 4th.

I have played as him but I seem to be only successful when I play big characters. My Banana game is great but when I play a small character on a stage such as Battlefield, I'm screwed, is there any way I can avoid this because this is such a glaring weakness.

Top Bottom