• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for a controller

AdamElm

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

I'm just getting into competitive Brawl play, and would really like to buy a new controller. I have a few years-old controllers that came with my friend's gamecube, but they're severely losing response. Does anyone have a recommendation for a solid, cheap gamecube controller? A couple of my friends have bought third party controllers and they suck, but official Nintendo ones are ridiculously pricey. Ideally, I'd like to spend under $20. Thanks a lot, any help is appreciated!

(Also sorry if this is the wrong place to put this thread, I wasn't sure where it should go).

Thanks!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Not that I would ever advocate doing this because it's kinda shady, but back when my wallet was on life support:

I bought a tri-wing for like 3 dollars and then spent about $10 on gas to buy a used gamecube controller at a video game store, and continually would swap about the most ideal parts repeatedly until I had assembled the megazord while returning the other controllers

If you have a solid soldering iron, you could learn control stick replacement and steal a stick from a nunchuck or something cheap since usually the sticks are the main issues as far as wear and tear goes.

Otherwise you're probably best off just dropping the $55 and getting one of them white Japanese models

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
Not that I would ever advocate doing this because it's kinda shady, but back when my wallet was on life support:

I bought a tri-wing for like 3 dollars and then spent about $10 on gas to buy a used gamecube controller at a video game store, and continually would swap about the most ideal parts repeatedly until I had assembled the megazord while returning the other controllers

If you have a solid soldering iron, you could learn control stick replacement and steal a stick from a nunchuck or something cheap since usually the sticks are the main issues as far as wear and tear goes.

Otherwise you're probably best off just dropping the $55 and getting one of them white Japanese models
You know I thought about doing this when I was living in poverty. Upset I didn't :denzel:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Probably cycled through about 7 controllers :p

Top Bottom