• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Long time smasher, first time boarder

jcrazy

Smash Rookie
Hey everybody!

Name's John. I'm posting my new member welcome here because this is the only place I'll be and I want to be involved in this community, not the SSBM/B because I don't play those.

Recently brought my N64 from my parent's to my apartment and decided to pick SSB up again. I got on the boards because of the amazing 1P game mode BtT/BtP thread clubba started, recently updated by B Link (http://smashboards.com/threads/official-btt-btp-1p-rankings-insert-your-time-score.335325/). I just lurked as I tried to beat scores.

I'm trying to get into all the new techniques that went over my head as a kid, and attempting to beat people's BtP/BtT scores.

Huntsville, Texas (Near Houston) for reference if anyone wants to meet up for some smash. Looking forward to posting more.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Well I'll be damned, my threads DO actually help the community. Who knew?

Welcome jcrazy! You should try to get online

jcrazy

Smash Rookie
Well I'll be damned, my threads DO actually help the community. Who knew?

Welcome jcrazy! You should try to get online
Of course, bud! It's what got me a) on the smashboards and b) more addicted to getting smashed.

do you play ness

if not, you should

he's really good
I use to roll with Ness, I've watched videos and tried mirroring some players in different characters lately though. So, as of lately, I've been a melting pot of characters.

Houston eh?
Houston area, I'm about half an hour north of the Woodlands mall.

Thanks for welcoming me everybody!

P.S. What do you mean I should try to get online? Get online as in get online to the smashboards, or are you saying get online as in play online?

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
Welcome man.

They mean get online as in play online. There's a server in Chicago that 20-70 people are on at any given time, most of them playing smash. The closer you are to the server, the closer to console online will feel. I think Knitephox's tag has the information for getting online in it. There's also a section on the main sticky.

I use to roll with Ness
I read this as, "I used to spam roll when I played as ness."

jcrazy

Smash Rookie
Oh dang! I've always just assumed I have to do me vs. multiple level 9s when no one else wanted to play haha. I'll try to get on that, then. I didn't even think that some people would make controller adapters for the pc.

jcrazy

Smash Rookie
In a non-biased point of view, which is technically better? I already eat, sleep, and breathe controllers, so you aren't convincing me to play keyboard, I'm just curious.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Man, I just stalked you on clubba's google maps of the players. Right outside of River Oaks? If you're my friend named Austin, this is about to get weird.
Sorry, but i'm not your friend Austin.

Also Clubbas map just means to denote my location as Houston, not my exact address.

Sedda

Smash Champion
In a non-biased point of view, which is technically better? I already eat, sleep, and breathe controllers, so you aren't convincing me to play keyboard, I'm just curious.
I'm not very good at the game, but you can get some ridiculous DI with keyboard if you're good, so you can get out of Falcon's up air combos (Which clubba complains about a lot) and stuff like that. If you're used to controllers, just stick to controllers to avoid any hate (lol), plus it's difficult to get used to the keyboard if you're used to controllers and vice versa.

If nobody had anything bad to say about keyboard play and there were plenty of adapters out there, I guess(?) keyboard would be better.

jcrazy

Smash Rookie
Sweet deal. Well, I got the emulator, and the adapter is on it's way, like clubba said to get, so I should be up and running sometime soon. Thanks for the help everybody!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
some people say controllers are better, some say keyboards. no way of knowing for sure really.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Hey everybody!

Name's John. I'm posting my new member welcome here because this is the only place I'll be and I want to be involved in this community, not the SSBM/B because I don't play those.

Recently brought my N64 from my parent's to my apartment and decided to pick SSB up again. I got on the boards because of the amazing 1P game mode BtT/BtP thread clubba started, recently updated by B Link (http://smashboards.com/threads/official-btt-btp-1p-rankings-insert-your-time-score.335325/). I just lurked as I tried to beat scores.

I'm trying to get into all the new techniques that went over my head as a kid, and attempting to beat people's BtP/BtT scores.

Huntsville, Texas (Near Houston) for reference if anyone wants to meet up for some smash. Looking forward to posting more.
Greetings and welcome.

I reside in Shreveport for now, so maybe we can play some 64 in the future. I don't mind making 3 hr drives to places.

jcrazy

Smash Rookie
Greetings and welcome.

I reside in Shreveport for now, so maybe we can play some 64 in the future. I don't mind making 3 hr drives to places.
My Jeep won't make it past driving an hour haha. But if you drive three hours, you can stay on my couch and party with us or something.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
PM me if yall wanna play 64 sometime this summer.

Ill probably be able to work something out.

jcrazy

Smash Rookie
I got a couple of buddies in Houston that like to play, too, so we cab get them in on this. Fun fact, one of them had a roommate in college that was the number 1 Bowser player in the world for some time or something.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
yo man if you need any help setting up online play or wana play, add me on skype - namesearch: knitephox ; also get in the ssb64 skype group

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
I got a couple of buddies in Houston that like to play, too, so we cab get them in on this. Fun fact, one of them had a roommate in college that was the number 1 Bowser player in the world for some time or something.
I don't think he is the best Bowser in the world (don't think he is playing right now), but would it be Zigsta? I know him personally. He went to school in Texas, not sure if Houston.

Top Bottom