• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Long Time in - Still can't handle Toon Link

roygbiv91

Smash Cadet
I'm playing Rosalina for like 2 Months now and I'm still loosing to like every Toon Link online.
I can absorb his Projectiles but he just keeps spamming. If i go in People just Roll away and keep repeating. Also his Hurtbox feels really small. It's very hard to punish his smash spamming.

I also dont't know how to deal with people obviously rolling behind me, because D-Smash doesn't cover wider rolling distances. I often go for Nair to Punish rolls. Do I have to master Pivot Grab for this?

In fact the more people keep rolling and camping the more I loose.

I also feel like her Grab Range is often far to short to punish stupid stuff people do. Does anybody have advices or would explicitly practicing this match-up? I would be really thankful.

Last edited:

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
Her F tilt is great for catching rolls, its super safe and comes out fast with alot of range. I would highly recommend you just throw out safe hitboxes and let him come to you, let him get in your zone and destroy him when he does. Also throw in a dash attack to catch a roll as it covers a huge area. Space your arials out and he can't come near you and remember your up air as rosa will destroy anything he wants to do coming down GL HF

Top Bottom