• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Long Shot Animal Crossing Character

Charley W

Smash Rookie
http://www.animalcrossingcommunity.com/images/characters/Redd_big.gif

Crazy Redd, the vendor of Animal Crossing's myriad of rare items. AC for the GC is one of my favorite games. There has been much speculation on AC characters in Brawl as there is evidence to support their inclusion. I would love to see Resetti but I think there is always room for alternate considerations. Below is the beginning of a fun, irregular moveset based on the furniture-leaf physics of the AC universe.

B- Short-range leaf projectile that turns into a random piece of furniture. Some possibilities include Exotic Bed, Green Wardrobe, Luigi Trophy and Rocket (all items sold by him. I looked them up :-) Each item has different damage, knockback etc.

Smash B- Redd whips out a Classic Vanity which acts as a Toadesque counter. Not very inspired, so I apologize

Up B- Redd withdraws balloons and floats up for recovery. The balloons pop on impact and deal some damage and have a little knockback.

Down B- Redd unrolls a rare carpet in front of him and then pulls it, launching all opponents on top of the rug into the air. Does no damage but sends the opponent up and allows them to be juggled.

Forward Smash- Redd uses a judge's bell for a powerfull smash attack.

Down Smash- Redd attacks by swinging twin bags of bells (AC currency) on either side of him.

Up Smash- Random furniture time again, except up instead of forward.

Nair- regular kick
Fair- Swings Amazing Painting forward (functionality similar to G&W's Fair)
Bair- kick, idk I don't have ideas for this one
Dair- Meteor smash, using a Regal Chair
Uair- Chandelier swing upward, solid tool for juggling

Final Smash- Craaaaaaaazy Sale, Everything Must Go!!!
Redd's black market tent falls from the sky and spews furniture in every direction.

So that's my idea/ partial move set for a character. I'd like to hear your thoughts, suggestions and praises but most likely I will hear your flames.

P.S. Olimar and Resetti 4 Brawl!

Hong

The Strongest
I love you. xD

That's astonishingly original and well thought out. Much of this can be done for any Animal Forest character. Good work! ;D

IllidR

Smash Champion
Very well thought out and I like it.. but i don't think it's very likely since Redd appears in the background of the Smashville stage.

She's on the left.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Oh this gave me an idea. What if you can still get trophies in Brawl but instead of the lottery or w/e.

You could buy them from either Tom Nook or Crazy Redd

Nice ms btw.

.M.e.t.a.k.n.i.g.h.t.

Smash Cadet
Tom Nook was suggested.....i hope he makes it

P.S. Didn't want to make a new thread for just one question.....Do we know for sure if Zero Suit Samus will be separate or just a result of Samus' Final Smash?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
It's still unknown atm. People are hoping that she'll have a transformation into Zamus like Zelda can change into Sheik at the start of the match.

Hong

The Strongest
P.S. Didn't want to make a new thread for just one question.....Do we know for sure if Zero Suit Samus will be separate or just a result of Samus' Final Smash?
While the Zero Cannon will result in a Zero Suit Samus change, I believe she will be playable through other means. Sakurai wouldn't be so blind as cruel as to make her so exclusive. There's really no reason to.

Charley W

Smash Rookie
yeah, I don't think his inclusion is very likely (especially now that I see he's on the AC stage) but I always thought his shiftiness and imposing image made him pretty threatening :). Thanks for the positive replies!

EDIT: whoa bad mistakes. That was unintelligable!

Hong

The Strongest
Eh. I don't subscribe to the characters in the backround theory. If there can be four Mario's on a stage at once, I'm sure they can manage an extra Nook or Totokeke.
Let's not forget the Fox and Falco Corneria/Venom special taunt. Doppelgangers!

Or Young Link VS Link. Or Dr. Mario VS Mario.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Yet another update today that holds an Animal Crossing icon. And K.K.'s voice always cracks me up <3

I really think there's going to be SOMEONE from the game in Brawl, whether people think it's a long shot or not.

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
Yet another update today that holds an Animal Crossing icon. And K.K.'s voice always cracks me up <3

I really think there's going to be SOMEONE from the game in Brawl, whether people think it's a long shot or not.
Perhaps, but...

What's Redd going to do? Sell me a counterfeit painting?

Charley W

Smash Rookie
Why would Nintendo include the AC stage as one of their premier stages if they're not going to appease AC fans like me with a cool character? The song that was revealed today was the song I have in the jukebox of my upstairs game room. good times...

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Why would Nintendo include the AC stage as one of their premier stages if they're not going to appease AC fans like me with a cool character? The song that was revealed today was the song I have in the jukebox of my upstairs game room. good times...
And the fact that there is an Animal Crossing symbol
And Item
And Music
And all the stages in Melee that related to a specific had a character to go with them

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord

Not a longshot. They have an emblem. Every series that has an emblem has a character. I hope he's the next one revealed. And he just might. This week has been pretty awesome when it comes to updates. IMO.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I think I'd like to state the obvious for a second.

items and music don't mean squat when it comes to characters. Just look at the Balloon Fighter; he had an item AND music in Melee, yet he wasn't in the game (although, I heard he was going to be, in the beta version).

Stages, on the other hand... Well, I haven't seen a SSB game so far that had a stage, but no character.

And, like everyone's been saying, the emblem practically proves that there's going to be a character. After all, what's the point of having an emblem if there's not going to be a character?

Kakashi-dono

Smash Cadet
Sadly, there will be some kind of AC character. Y? well, y would there be a AC symbol without a character?
hmm? some1 answer me that, y dont ya?!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Now that Mr. Resetti has veen deconfirmed (I still haven't gotten over it), Redd seems like a VERY likely candidate now!

He's just as infamous as Tom Nook is, though unlike Tom Nook, the rumors about HIM are TRUE!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Sadly, there will be some kind of AC character. Y? well, y would there be a AC symbol without a character?
hmm? some1 answer me that, y dont ya?!
Several people have actually already done that quite a few times, myself included. But I'll repeat:

Animal Crossing could have the icon just for the stage. After all, the stage is an incredibly large addition to the game. It's a big enough addition to warrent the symbol all by itself.

Could there be a playable AC character? Sure. Do I personally think there will be? Yeah, I'm leaning that way. Is it a proven fact? No. Not at all.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . .Huummm, well it wouldn't be the first time that someone talked about their character and works being in brawl (TP dev ).

I wonder if someone relyable HERE is going to read/ translate and comfirm this. I wonder if one of the Naruto Manga translaters at mangahelpers would translate this if I asked. . .

Sinn

Smash Lord
Several people have actually already done that quite a few times, myself included. But I'll repeat:

Animal Crossing could have the icon just for the stage. After all, the stage is an incredibly large addition to the game. It's a big enough addition to warrent the symbol all by itself.

Could there be a playable AC character? Sure. Do I personally think there will be? Yeah, I'm leaning that way. Is it a proven fact? No. Not at all.
While I do like the whole mindset of not to put full faith in it until it's confirmed to be true...it would be MIGHTY strange what with the fact that EVERY other icon so far has a playable character attached to it (even if the MOTHER and F-Zero series' characters haven't been officially updated, the fact that they existed in the past should be enough to apply). Even the space in the icon numbering system that has room for Mr. Game & Watch...I will be quite shocked if there turns out NOT to be a playable AC character.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
While I do like the whole mindset of not to put full faith in it until it's confirmed to be true...it would be MIGHTY strange what with the fact that EVERY other icon so far has a playable character attached to it (even if the MOTHER and F-Zero series' characters haven't been officially updated, the fact that they existed in the past should be enough to apply). Even the space in the icon numbering system that has room for Mr. Game & Watch...I will be quite shocked if there turns out NOT to be a playable AC character.
I suppose you have a point. But on that same token, I could say the same thing for stages as you do for characters. So far, every icon that we've seen has been given a stage, aside from ones like Mother and F-Zero that just seem obvious. It would be awkward to have an icon without a stage, and vice versa, yet F-Zero and Mother still might not have stages. Thus, Smashville has the Animal Crossing symbol. It doesn't seem so far fetched to me.

But then, this is pretty much me arguing for the sake of arguing since I do think there will probably be an AC character, at this point. Soooooo, yeah. Bygones.

Sinn

Smash Lord
That brings up a good question though...since we've seen music, Assist Trophies and stages all have the Smash icon (and the Assist Trophies all come from some Nintendo game), do you think that they might include a stage or music that is obviously based on a stage from some Nintendo game, yet didn't have its own icon simply BECAUSE there was no playable character related to it? I don't know that they would specifically choose do that since they never have before, but it seems within reason.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
That brings up a good question though...since we've seen music, Assist Trophies and stages all have the Smash icon (and the Assist Trophies all come from some Nintendo game), do you think that they might include a stage or music that is obviously based on a stage from some Nintendo game, yet didn't have its own icon simply BECAUSE there was no playable character related to it? I don't know that they would specifically choose do that since they never have before, but it seems within reason.
It certainly seems plausible, but at the moment, a stage seems big enough to absolutely need it's franchise's symbol (except, of course, for exclusive stages that have no franchise symbol to borrow). The same way a playable character does. But then, that's only due to precedent, which Sakurai seems to have no trouble destroying. I certainly won't rule the possibility out.

Music seems more likely to get the Smash symbol treatment. Though. . . if we get music. . . it's probably because it's going to be played on a stage. . . which (by my probably faulty logic) would already have a symbol anyway.

My god, the room is spinning.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Ah, now that I think about it, the Balloon Fighter and Mach Rider music from Melee could easily be considered like that, as they fit that criteria. Of course, back then Sakurai didn't have musical updates to put icons on them for...

But I think you're right on the stages being so big that they might not get that same dedication for a non-franchise related stage...they would probably be more likely to make additional stages for the existing franchises. What with the amount of detail and creativity they seem to be putting into these stages, each one seems to be a considerable amount of effort.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Ah, now that I think about it, the Balloon Fighter and Mach Rider music from Melee could easily be considered like that, as they fit that criteria. Of course, back then Sakurai didn't have musical updates to put icons on them for...
Wow. . . so here's me, having owned Melee since 2001, never knowing those existed. Or if I ever did, I quickly forgot. A noob is me.

But I think you're right on the stages being so big that they might not get that same dedication for a non-franchise related stage...they would probably be more likely to make additional stages for the existing franchises. What with the amount of detail and creativity they seem to be putting into these stages, each one seems to be a considerable amount of effort.
Yup. Basically my view. Though, like I said, we know how bad Sakurai is at being predictable. It's just not something he's capable of doing. In a few hours, he could somehow confirm a stage from Brain Age Academy and uber mindgame us.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Wow. . . so here's me, having owned Melee since 2001, never knowing those existed. Or if I ever did, I quickly forgot. A noob is me.

Yup. Basically my view. Though, like I said, we know how bad Sakurai is at being predictable. It's just not something he's capable of doing. In a few hours, he could somehow confirm a stage from Brain Age Academy and uber mindgame us.
Heh, yup. Though depending on which stages you NEVER play, you may not have heard them. They're alternate tracks on Icicle Mountain and Big Blue. About one of the only good things about those stages, I think.

Well...as long as the Brain Age Stage (Oo, something rhymes with age~<3) only uses the Smash Icon, that'll be fine with me :laugh:

Top Bottom