• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London Anime Con 7 Brawl + Melee + Project M - July 21st, 2013 - London, UK

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Hey there! Once again, We are back at the London Anime Con for another tournament!

Same deal as last time, We are there for the Sunday, Which is games day! Things Didn't run so smoothly last time, But this time around it should be excellent!

Of course, There will be other things at the venue, Other fighting games, DDR and a whole lot of stalls too!

INFO

18+ ONLY, YOU MUST BRING ID. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH

Date

Sunday 21st July 2013

Venue Address

The Rocket Complex London Metropolitan University
166-220 Holloway Road
London
N7 8DB

Directions are on this website: http://www.londonanimecon.com/travel.php

T.V's

We have 12TV's for the Event, And we are allowed more if required

Setups

I require the community to bring setups, Otherwise this tournament will not run smoothly, thanks!

REGISTERING

www.londonanimecon.com/register.php

Register through the website, but when you Register put "Smashboards" in the notes section and pay only £5 for the sunday, Ignore the automatic email when you receive it saying to pay more!

BASICALLY £5 for the sunday..I had to make this huge and in caps since people don't understand apparently
However if you also want to attend the anime related stuff you can pay £13 and attend both days (sat + sun)

This offer is valid until the 12th July 2013 (online) then the price will increase to £20 entry for both days (online)

Otherwise £10 on the door (each day at the event)

TOURNAMENTS + PRICE

Melee Singles - £3 Entry
Melee Doubles - £3 Entry Each

Brawl Singles - £3 Entry
Brawl Doubles - £3 Entry Each

Prize Pot Split : 70:20:10

SCHEDULE
Melee + Brawl Singles Signups - Sunday 10am -> 12noon

Melee + Brawl Singles Brackets - Sunday 12noon -> 9pm

Melee + Brawl Doubles Signups - 10am - 12noon

Melee + Brawl Doubles Bracket - 12noon -> 9pm

RULES

Melee
General Melee Rules
4 Stocks
Items Off
8 Minutes
Team Attack ON
Master Hand Banned lol

Neutral Stages
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Dreamland 64
Counterpick Stages
  • Pokemon Stadium
Brawl Stages

General Brawl Rules
No Metaknight Ban
3 Stocks
Items Off
8 Minutes
Team Attack ON

Neutral Stages
  • Smashville
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Lylat Cruise
Counterpick Stages
  • Castle Siege
  • Halberd
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Pokemon Stadium

ACCOMODATION #16

http://www.londonanimecon.com/register.php

If you need accomodation, information can be found on that "register" page.

Failing that. You can talk to a Fellow smasher and they will likely help you out.

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957
So hype! Where the confirms at?!

steep

Smash Lord
I'm from the US but I will be in Spain for the month of July! I'm thinking about getting a plane ticket and flying over to play some brawl. Ha Ha We'll see!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
that would be cool man. But I think for your sake (and your wallets sake) it would be better for you to find a tournament in spain itself! The weather is better there too

tomom90

Smash Rookie
yay somewhere I can go to meet other smashers, me and my mate just play each other >_> gets boring after 2 years xD

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957
This is gonna be good. There is always a strong turnout for London Anime Con in particular I find, plus plenty of new players are likely to enter that wouldn't have known about competitive smash otherwise.

(Still wouldn't recommend it for international attendance though however, best to wait for Smash Aint Dead 3 for that.)

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
This is gonna be good. There is always a strong turnout for London Anime Con in particular I find, plus plenty of new players are likely to enter that wouldn't have known about competitive smash otherwise.

(Still wouldn't recommend it for international attendance though however, best to wait for Smash Aint Dead 3 for that.)
Really looking forward to this.

Next big tournament is SvB - happening in August :)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
The tournament is soon, lets bump it!

To start the hype, I'd like to advertise our first confirmed Match: The Shaun Michaels match! Sinth vs. Shay/YOLO of the Degeneration-Brawl crew will fight it out for the right to become the Shaun Michaels of the crew!

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957
Also, we want to do a brawl charity match!

Who wants to challenge us (Me, Loz8Ichimaru, GP, YOLO, Flame) to a brawl crew battle, with the losers money going to charity?

If no one responds, we'll have to start issuing challenges to certain people to see what we can come up with.

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957
Did the price rise or something, as I'm seeing £7 for just Sunday.
Nope.

How to register, discounted to £5 just for Smashers!!! (You must be 18 or older to come to this event)

1. Visit http://www.londonanimecon.com/register.php?action=nologin

i. fill your details into the form

ii. choose "All Sunday Til End (£7)" option

iii. in the notes write "SMASHBOARDS"

2. Visit www.paypal.com

i. Login and click "Send Money"

ii. Within the "To" field type: info@animeleague.com and with the "Amount" field type: £5. Then, choose "I'm paying for goods or services" and click "Continue".

iii. On this new page, write into the message your full name followed by "SMASHBOARDS", then click Send Money.

3. Attend! (and make sure to bring your ID)

CEObrainz

Smash Cadet
NNID
CEObrainz
Nope.

How to register, discounted to £5 just for Smashers!!! (You must be 18 or older to come to this event)

1. Visit http://www.londonanimecon.com/register.php?action=nologin

i. fill your details into the form

ii. choose "All Sunday Til End (£7)" option

iii. in the notes write "SMASHBOARDS"

2. Visit www.paypal.com

i. Login and click "Send Money"

ii. Within the "To" field type: info@animeleague.com and with the "Amount" field type: £5. Then, choose "I'm paying for goods or services" and click "Continue".

iii. On this new page, write into the message your full name followed by "SMASHBOARDS", then click Send Money.

3. Attend! (and make sure to bring your ID)

Thanks for the information, will pass on to my mates who are planning on coming as well.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Nice to see some new attendees!

I would like to point out that it will be £7 for sunday now, As the last day to register online was yesterday. Actually, I ought to change that...

Shadowbot

Smash Apprentice
What is the tenative schedule for Brawl on Sunday trying to see if I can make it this weekend or not. I'm going to be in London on Saturday if it isn't schedule to run super late possibly show up. Also do I have to register online, can I show up and be put into pools? I know it's a pain for the TO, but if you PM me we can work this out and see if there's anything I can do to make this whole process simpler to for you. Just need a schedule really. I have to work Sunday night haha.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
right, I think you're a bit confused, so I'm going to pm you and you can ask me all the questions you want :)

Mister M

Smash Apprentice
Hello, quick question. To participate in this tournament, all one would have to do is show up at the door, pay £10, then pay £3 for entry to tournament?
And will there be space to play casually say if your knocked out of the tournament early, or just wish to mess about.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Hello, quick question. To participate in this tournament, all one would have to do is show up at the door, pay £10, then pay £3 for entry to tournament?
And will there be space to play casually say if your knocked out of the tournament early, or just wish to mess about.
you're correct there, You just turn up at the venue, I think entry on sunday is £7 instead of £10, but don't hold me to that.
Pay your entry and you're good to go. Also, there will be place to play friendlies later in the tournament, if you get eliminated early though you will possibly need to wait for the amount of competitors still in tournament to die down before a few get free
Hope to see you this sunday!

Mister M

Smash Apprentice
One more question, soz for being a nuisance.
How competitive is this? Well, what i mean to ask is, do you have a scope on the skill range that will be present?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I see, To be honest, The fact that you're on smashboards in the first place means that you will not be the worst person to enter. LAC has the widest range of skill out of all UK tournament, We have complete beginners who simply enter because it's there (and they were already coming to the anime con) all the way up to our best players!
feel free to ask if you have any more questions, always open to helping new people. (also, bring your own controller if possible)

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957
Looking forward to seeing all you new(/returning) guys down there!

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957
Last minute update: Kasper is now also coming!! :D

Top Bottom