• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Local only?

ProjectArena

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

After the recent update I noticed that no one is really ever online on FG... and when people are online its the exact same people all the time wtf?.

P.s I can litreally by waiting for someone to show up for like 30 minutes.. ? is it me only me??

LiX

Smash Rookie
Maybe you are looking at the wrong times? I get plenty of different people on FG 1v1.

I stopped playing the other two FG modes since in 4 player smash the chance of having a lagger who ruins it all is much higher. And in team smash I always end up in a borked match where my teammate intentionally jumps off the stage or I get teamed with a player even newer than me to Smash. Hehe.

ProjectArena

Smash Rookie
Maybe you are looking at the wrong times? I get plenty of different people on FG 1v1.

I stopped playing the other two FG modes since in 4 player smash the chance of having a lagger who ruins it all is much higher. And in team smash I always end up in a borked match where my teammate intentionally jumps off the stage or I get teamed with a player even newer than me to Smash. Hehe.

I would like to agree. but no all times of the day its empty... I go to tournament mode.. barley any rooms are up I feel like something changed with FG. What your win rate?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
It's just you, buddy.
Actually there are a few other people who reported this strange occurrence, but it isn't fg as a whole.

abx

Smash Journeyman
Try to leave the lobby and re-enter. If this still occurs, it's some technical problem on your side which prevents you from playing with the majority of players, but instead of an error message you're just connected with the small fraction of players who are still compatible with you.

Still, even when everything is working fine for me I sometimes end up sitting in the lobby waiting for the next opponent for ages. Once I took it to ten minutes. Leaving and re-entering fixes that for me.

Top Bottom