• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

lmao at the sudden wolfdash fad

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Well, in GameFAQs, a lot of people have been doing the side B wolfdash fad (a la pseudo-wavedash where canceling side B results into something similar to a wavedash). You think it'll actually be useful in the game?

Vegeta214

Smash Apprentice
Its a mindgame/ recovery nothing more. Its too slow to use to move around.

Why do you go to GameFaqs?

Relhots

Smash Lord
Well, in GameFAQs, a lot of people have been doing the side B wolfdash fad (a la pseudo-wavedash where canceling side B results into something similar to a wavedash). You think it'll actually be useful in the game?
its as useful as trying to fly with marth... :laugh:

there is no use to it at all, its really slow, and i don't even think you can get any moves off it.

skygt

Smash Rookie
It's not useful at all from what I can see. If you miss, you're going to be moving towards the other guy and be wide open for an attack. The only use I can see is to use the short distance one close to the edge as part of a combo to surprise someone =/

Gaplka

Smash Cadet
Yeah, it's pretty old. Also, there's a good Reason it's NOT called a "Wolfdash" and that is because Fox and Falco can do it too. Me and Dark1Lives discovered this when it came out in America. It works the Best with Wolf but it can be put to great use with Fox/Falco as well. Everyone is late! Video will be uploaded later.

By the way! It is VERY useful, there are obvious ways it can be used such as grabbing (Omigosh!), shining, Up-smash, Forward smash, Blaster(No, seriously, any good wolf player can tell you how helpful that is from point blank), and other forms of amusement.

And when you die preforming that attack it's called "Hazard-dashing"

Super_Nostalgic

Smash Apprentice
I don't find it useful at all really. I don't use the move much except for recovery and cutting it short just screws me over. According to Gaplka, you can do stuff out of it, I've yet to try it... So it may have uses. lvl 9 spacies do use it when recovering often though... So it can't be all that bad.. but then again... they're computers...

Peaquak

Smash Rookie
it was in melee. I knew about it before i even heard of it here. Its pretty much for mindgames only...maybe stalls.

Sledfang

Smash Rookie
It's the same as it was in Melee (with Fox/Falco), you use side B and press B again right as the move executes then it will be cut short. Wolf's bad recovery time with this makes it generally undesirable, but as said, it can be used for mind games, such as to make an opponent roll dodge in a way that may turn out unfavorably for them (such as placing them right in front of you for a smash or grab). However, the implications are odd with Wolf because of the way his dash is angled upwards. If the person you are fighting is skilled and knows Wolf's move set, then they will likely know whether or not they are in danger of being hit by the attack in the first place. If both of you are on a flat surface like FD there is almost no chance that the move will hit at all, so a skilled opponent will be able to retaliate whether or not you cancel the dash.

I have a question though that I haven't tried yet. When you use Wolf's side B dash, it generally acts similar to Fox and Falco except it is angled up, but if you hit the enemy with the very end of the dash, they will be electrocuted and knocked back for a very good effect. If you cancel the dash, does anyone know if the shorter end of the attack still shocks the opponent? If so then this technique would have INCREDIBLE potential for all sorts of applications.

Top Bottom