• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Living Legacy"- Cloud SSB5 Combo and Tech Sharing Thread

Muramishi

Smash Rookie
Am I doing this whole thing right? "Witty" name and description done properly? I'm not the type of user who typically frequents forums and the like for any particular reason but thought this could keep me more active on the scene here.

So, for those pioneers in SOLDIER training and those aiming to reach 1st Class, let this serve as an information hub for new discoveries, advanced techs, and general media pertaining to everyone's favorite spiky-haired protagonist.

I'll kick things off with my own video here:

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
awesome work... I think many will give up on the character due to he hard nerfing

I actually want to main him now- always loved his moveset

T∅XIC HYDRA

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the info. I'm brand new to these forums but playing Smash for 15+ years. I usually main Link/Young Link but am looking to main Cloud this time around. I want to learn how to use him in a more competitively viable way since I didn't play much 3DS Smash. Are there any professional Cloud players that are noteworthy that I could watch to learn some strategy?

Kyralt

Smash Rookie
Nice video my guy, good start. I'd like to add that Full Hop->Fair->Fast Fall now seems to be easier to start combos with now, and there's quite a few moves that you can follow up with

Veenon

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 2421-1779-6504
Thanks for the info. I'm brand new to these forums but playing Smash for 15+ years. I usually main Link/Young Link but am looking to main Cloud this time around. I want to learn how to use him in a more competitively viable way since I didn't play much 3DS Smash. Are there any professional Cloud players that are noteworthy that I could watch to learn some strategy?
I don't know of any Cloud players in this game, but if you mean in 4, the first that comes to mind is Tweek. I don't know if he plans to continue playing Cloud in Ultimate though

Rocketjay8

Smash Journeyman
So how's Cloud doing? Did they over nerf him?

Last edited:

Veenon

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 2421-1779-6504
Quick combosI've found that I'll leave here:

(From 0%)

D-Throw -> Side Tilt -> D-Throw - Cross Slash

52% base damage, and 61% with Limit Cross Slash. Hope this helps. Don't think it can be DI'd either

And one more

Fast fall D-Air -> Blade Beam -> Cross Slash

This gets you to about 50% from 0

If I've made any mistakes, please correct me.

Thanks

BuddyBaker52

Smash Rookie
This might be more of a general question but how is Zero doing those little back airs? I know about the short hop mechanic but it looks like he's doing it so low sometimes that the animation actually cancels. I'm sorry for the ignorance I'm fairly new to competitive smash

J Nimble

Smash Rookie
This might be more of a general question but how is Zero doing those little back airs? I know about the short hop mechanic but it looks like he's doing it so low sometimes that the animation actually cancels. I'm sorry for the ignorance I'm fairly new to competitive smash
Instead of buffering a short hop aerial, short hop by just quickly tapping jump and as you’re falling do the back air. It’s easiest with the C stick. If you buffer the aerial, you’ll only do a rising aerial instead of falling, like Zero’s falling bairs with Cloud.

EoleNoveau

Smash Rookie
NNID
Drake1458
There's also d-tilt -> u-tilt on most characters at 0% that's small but consistent damage.

BuddyBaker52

Smash Rookie
Instead of buffering a short hop aerial, short hop by just quickly tapping jump and as you’re falling do the back air. It’s easiest with the C stick. If you buffer the aerial, you’ll only do a rising aerial instead of falling, like Zero’s falling bairs with Cloud.
Ok cool. I'm pretty new to the game honestly so even things like the quick fall mechanic is new to me. But every time I add a new skill I see it improving my game. Thanks for the info this will definitely help

Mighty_Guy100

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mighty_Guy100
Quick combosI've found that I'll leave here:

(From 0%)

D-Throw -> Side Tilt -> D-Throw - Cross Slash

52% base damage, and 61% with Limit Cross Slash. Hope this helps. Don't think it can be DI'd either

And one more

Fast fall D-Air -> Blade Beam -> Cross Slash

This gets you to about 50% from 0

If I've made any mistakes, please correct me.

Thanks
No way that these are true

soobly

Smash Rookie
There are actually a few good Cloud players, if this guy makes a thread and doesn't even know any of the top players he probably doesn't know much about the character in general. A couple of the competitive scene Clouds I would say are Cheeks, Sparg0, Saltone, and Masashi. All are doing well at the high level of play they compete at. Cheeks is the one I watch quite frequently he is PR in Dallas and plays pretty solid. Although you can watch whichever you want. As well if you want to learn more about Cloud I would reccomend you to join the Cloud discord. You can usually find the invite via smashcords.

T∅XIC HYDRA

Smash Cadet
There are actually a few good Cloud players, if this guy makes a thread and doesn't even know any of the top players he probably doesn't know much about the character in general. A couple of the competitive scene Clouds I would say are Cheeks, Sparg0, Saltone, and Masashi. All are doing well at the high level of play they compete at. Cheeks is the one I watch quite frequently he is PR in Dallas and plays pretty solid. Although you can watch whichever you want. As well if you want to learn more about Cloud I would reccomend you to join the Cloud discord. You can usually find the invite via smashcords.
Thanks, nice Peep pic btw

Top Bottom