• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac reveal trailer: What else did it show us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
I don't necessary know about that, it seems like an entirely pointless gimmick as it doesn't drastically alter anything. I mean, the stage is now designated as a Punch Out stage, and it is going to be Mac's home stage. So I don't know why they would keep the preliminary design that was only present so that they could reveal the stage early without blatantly revealing Little Mac (obviously they alluded to it, but many were skeptical, so it worked).
Yea but they could of had it as a punch out stage from the beginning then. We did have stages without reps before like smashvill with no villager in brawl so having a punch out stage before/without Little Mac could have gone either way.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
we also learned "smash aint no joke"

what does that mean? literally, that it is a joke? or an implied "smash isn't a joke"?

we may never know.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I don't know if anyone said it, but we know actually has a conventional grab.
I'm kinda curious what his actual throws will be though. Seems counter-productive for him to throw his opponents away once he has them up close like that.

Commander

Smash Ace
Why would he not have a normal grab? How is he supposed to deal with an opponent in shield at the casual level without a grab?

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Why would he not have a normal grab? How is he supposed to deal with an opponent in shield at the casual level without a grab?
I'd imagine he hits hard/fast enough that any opponent THAT close to him would rather try do dodge away than risk getting their shield broken. But I know what you mean, it's just something that might've been a unique gimmick. Not that he's really lacking one at this point.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
we also learned "smash aint no joke"

what does that mean? literally, that it is a joke? or an implied "smash isn't a joke"?

we may never know.
This could imply that the speed of the new Smash is nothing to play with, meaning that the game will be fast, and will be more competitive (I mean in the trailer, gameplay was pretty fluid like Brawl, but had a fast pace like in Melee). Besides that, it could just be Doc telling Little Mac that Smash isn't a joke (when Little Mac attempted to recover, he fell; we hear Doc telling Mac that he isn't an air fighter, meaning that you better stop joking around in the air because Smash isn't a joke). Hopefully that might explain some things.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
@1:32 in the trailer when Mac is fighting Link it looks like Mac interacts with the post by pushing off it with his leg.

Xigger

Smash Lord
The fact that the top blast zone actually blasts and doesn't send characters into the background or hitting the camera?
Don't worry, the Brawl trailers did the same exact thing. Specifically, 10 seconds into the second Brawl trailer, where Fox is introduced.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
When Little Mac completes his Jab combo on Fox with that uppercut, the streaks of red that Sakurai mentioned will show up whenever a strong hit is dealt (with the red color due to Little Mac being Player 1 for that moment) appears for a split second. It's the only time in the trailer, aside from Mac's OHKO uppercut, where one of Mac's attacks launched someone hard enough to create those color streaks. Maybe Mac's Jab combo finishing uppercut can be a solid KO move at a certain percent.

Also, Little Mac's flurry of jabs before that uppercut are shown to have the benefit of keeping the opponent in place for a while, at least. Could have some use in Team Battles, where Little Mac's teammate can come in and deliver a KO move while the opponent is being beaten mercilessly by those punches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom