• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little mac nerfed or buffed after 1.04 patch?

theta64

Smash Cadet
I havent downloaded it yet but I wanted to know if anyone has noticed anything changed about mac after the patch? if this ahs already been asked sorry about that, I'm just curious.

NNID
Majorasmask66
His new side b recovery is beyond atrocious. His recovery was bad enough. Also does anyone feel like his attacks have worse range and are a bit shorter? atleast i think his foward smash has less range and is weaker. Any other things you guys notice changed with little mac?

Last edited:

M@v

Subarashii!
The confirmed changes so far are actually 2 nerfs:

JAB 2 : Damage reduced by ~1%
JAB 3 : Damage reduced by ~1%
JAB COMBO : Overall damage significantly reduced
AERIAL SIDE B : Distance has been reduced by 10% and slower speed

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah ok now, let's not fall for the placebo effect here. Mac is one of the less nerfed out of all of them.The only one true nerf I see is recovery and just for 10%, and is actually not slower, speed is exactly the same like before (and some of us are actually used to recover low anyway). Jab combo from my experience just does 4% less damage.

Everything else is exactly the same. No weaker punches, no less range or less damage output.

And now there's no Vectoring in this game, just same old Brawl DI (confirmed) and that help us because people now can't VI down to survive our KO punch longer or survive longer to any of our attacks.

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
It's a wonderful thing to have DI back and VI removed. Mac was relatively unscathed, and the character I wanted to secondary was buffed. It sucks that the top 4 were nerfed so hard, since that could possibly hurt their meta hard, but I'm still so happy with this patch.

NNID
Majorasmask66
It's a wonderful thing to have DI back and VI removed. Mac was relatively unscathed, and the character I wanted to secondary was buffed. It sucks that the top 4 were nerfed so hard, since that could possibly hurt their meta hard, but I'm still so happy with this patch.
Mac wasnt touched as much as i thought he would be but im wondering if its more than a 10% reduction in the air cause i feel the reduction is very noticeable. But yeah its great to have the old di back.

Oilpath99

Smash Cadet
I feel that he is slighty nerfed. The 10% reduction in Jolt Haymaker sucks. But the removal of vectoring has got to help Mac a lot. The jab combo also feels weaker but that isn't too bad.

He feels relatively untouched compared to the other high tier characters.

SilverScarfFox

Smash Rookie
NNID
SilverScarfFox
3DS FC
0748-3351-5260
The Air Jolt nerf is something I don't get why they thought nerfing was good idea. But the removal of vector helps a lot. Now that Forward Uppercut is more of a threat to get hit by and now seems to help KO Punch a kill a little early

Oilpath99

Smash Cadet
After playing a bit today. I don't think the recovery nerf mattered too much. The removal of vectoring is a much bigger factor in Little Mac's viability in this game. But between the Jab AND the recovery nerf. His viability is about the same.(although other top characters being nerfed help him as well). For those of you worried about his viability, you can rest easy,

NNID
Majorasmask66
Does anyone feel like its easier to make little mac loose his ko punch? I think this is a good change in terms of balance personally.

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
^ Hmm.? I wonder if you are in our side <_<

It's was already easy to take away his KO punch, just one hit that puts hím in tumble animation after 5-6 seconds and he looses it. Right now is exactly the same, there is no changes.

NNID
Majorasmask66
^ Hmm.? I wonder if you are in our side <_<

It's was already easy to take away his KO punch, just one hit that puts hím in tumble animation after 5-6 seconds and he looses it. Right now is exactly the same, there is no changes.
The ko punch can change the game in a second even if you are doing bad. I think puting a few more things against it benefits the game as a whole. And i have managed to have the ko punch for a long time while now even the slightest hit is removing it from me. I've never had it gone this easy.

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
A gimp can change the game in a second even if you're doing good... But, yeah, I don't know what to tell you .-. A Mario Nair, a Mario Ftilt, a Mario utilt. All of these moves even if weak if you are in high %s and they send you away and put you in tumble animation can take the KO punch away from you, but is not a nerf, it was always like that.

SilverScarfFox

Smash Rookie
NNID
SilverScarfFox
3DS FC
0748-3351-5260
KO punch is exactly the same.

Still can be beat by a faster frame move. Can still garbed at to cause the weirdest collision detection I have seen. And still has that short time frame of keeping it with getting smacked around. But hey atleast no one can vector it!

Though even with the damage nerf. I still, somehow can pull a 22% with the jabs on a couple of light characters. Sometimes close to max range. I will just call it luck and take that damage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom