• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac MU

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Wow, ZSS wrecks Little Mac with her grab, though. Pretty much stops most of anything he can do with that range. Plus that offstage fair or bair just destroy him further.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Well yeah but our usual laser game has to be used more cautiously because if we don't he side b's us because it goes over it or maybe charged fsmash.

KO punch is what I tend to worry about because I am not sure how much % needs to take to lose it, I swear I've had times where i hit him like 3 times and he still had it.

Last edited:

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
I treat KO Punch like a Final Smash. After he's had it for a while, the slightest tap seems to cause it fall out.

Last edited:

Graydient

Smash Cadet
I fought a Little Mac on FG and lost a good 6 matches to him. I could throw him off stage, but I can't edgeguard since he has counter and it's practically impossible to bait and land an aerial online with even the tiniest lag. The situation often resets to neutral game, which imo heavily favors Little Mac.

Often times when I tried to shield grab, I would eat an easy jab combo. Any attempt at approaching, I would eat an armored attack. Can't spam Paralyzer since Mac has his forward B. Had trouble juggling since, well, lag.

Any tips? Or should I find a counterpick with Mac. It is FG, and I'd prefer to have a chance at winning than stubbornly fight with lag.

Last edited:

Igneous42

Smash Ace
For the record grabs instantly make Little Mac instantly lose his KO punch to my knowledge. So A stun + grab can be pretty effective against a reckless little mac in getting rid of them. Bit harder if they are smart, because ZSS grab leaves her open a stupidly unnecessary amount of time.

Zero Suit Roxas

Smash Cadet
NNID
LeBabbo
3DS FC
0748-1742-4057
Little Mac loses his KO punch with a single hit, as long as he's been on the ground for a little bit since he's gotten it. If he got it in the air, maybe from something like juggling, he won't lose it until he stays on the ground for a little bit. Even Zamus' down special without the kick can knock it out of him. It's practically like a final smash that's easier to get rid of.

Cr0wbaR

Smash Apprentice
Out of all the potential Top Tiers, this is one of Mac's better match ups. I don't know why but I find him so hard to deal with as ZSS. When I play Doc, the Mac MU is beyond easy.

ZSS's attacks have enough lag that Mac can get in on her whiffs. and if you spam lasers or side-b, haymaker jumps over all of it.
I also find that ZSS's throws (namely front and back) don't throw as far as I would like. Making shield grabbing to throw them off stage not viable.

Also considering all of Mac's super armor, and ZSS's attacks being rather slow to start up, a patient Mac can handle himself in the matchup.

I'd still say it's in ZSS's favor, it's just not as easy as it is for much of the cast. Imo, if I find a good exploit in the matchup, I may find this a lot easier, who knows.

Cyko Melody

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2938-6723-5956
It's definetly a counter matchup for both sides.

He has the tools to work around Zss's spacing game and vice versa.

I like letting him come to me and make the mistake, and counter that way. She excels in the air, so the idea is to get him up and away, I find.

Top Bottom