• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac Guide... And I've got a problem.

Zoramine Fae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8088-7214
Hello, everyone here most likely knows me already but either way, I think many of you have heard about me working on a Little Mac guide.

And, of course, I've come across one problem: I'm delaying the release of it, but I feel like someone wants something comprehensive of what I've come across so far. Which is something like 80 pages of partially empty space unfilled or walls of text covering everything Little Mac has to offer.

I've been working with the Little Macs on one of the many Mac Discords out there, slowly chipping away at the huge block that I've set out for myself to do, and its actually gone along really well, but at my current rate it won't be finished until quite some time from now. I wanted to ask you guys, since the rest of you are Little Macs, whether or not you want to see me release an unfinished copy sometime soon or not show it outside of those that are interested in helping until completion (barring matchups; those will be a sort of work-in-progress part.)

And if you want to see how long it is, just ask. I'm more than willing to show it around and get some opinions, but to make a guide right now for everyone to see sounds a bit insane of me, because other people will be able to view it too and I'd hate to release something before its finished.

- Zoramine

Edit: You guys know this basically is for me asking if you guys want it or not, right

now lets see how long it takes for me to regret posting this, eh?

Last edited:

Zoramine Fae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8088-7214
Two people is all I need, so I shall release a shell full of bombs. If this thing's length even closely means that.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QbAosK3z6ZzFec_iiUXBoCUoep-jIeBQNBJDOcTN3n4/edit

Criticism, opinions, assistance, MU knowledge... Basically anything is helpful. Don't tell me to re-write entire sections or give me text, as I will only use it as an opinion or spare facts and just add that with my style of writing. I'm writing a guide, not you >;o

I was gonna make it an actual guide on Smashboards in text but I will have to leave it in Doc form at this point. Also, I'm in the progress of coming up with the base for a Roy guide next so... Guess I'm sort of taking a minor break from Mac. Too stressful sometimes.

Aeons_Ahead

Smash Rookie
I'll read through it as I have the chance! It's huge, I'm impressed and also very understanding that you're taking a break. I did start leaving suggestions on the document itself and that's where I'll continue to leave them.

8383d3 90 90 10 hundred

Smash Apprentice
Two people is all I need, so I shall release a shell full of bombs. If this thing's length even closely means that.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QbAosK3z6ZzFec_iiUXBoCUoep-jIeBQNBJDOcTN3n4/edit

Criticism, opinions, assistance, MU knowledge... Basically anything is helpful. Don't tell me to re-write entire sections or give me text, as I will only use it as an opinion or spare facts and just add that with my style of writing. I'm writing a guide, not you >;o

I was gonna make it an actual guide on Smashboards in text but I will have to leave it in Doc form at this point. Also, I'm in the progress of coming up with the base for a Roy guide next so... Guess I'm sort of taking a minor break from Mac. Too stressful sometimes.
christ bra its so exhaustive
i think you need a way tighter structure
no one wants to read all that

Zoramine Fae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8088-7214
I'll read through it as I have the chance! It's huge, I'm impressed and also very understanding that you're taking a break. I did start leaving suggestions on the document itself and that's where I'll continue to leave them.
THANK YOU THANK YOU SOMEONE FINALLY UNDERSTANDS WHY I LET PEOPLE DO THAT

christ bra its so exhaustive
i think you need a way tighter structure
no one wants to read all that
Its meant more for "Oh hey I don't know everything about this character lets learn literally everything".

Nobody is meant to just go ahead and read through the entire thing as if it's a Harry Potter book. Look up stuff you don't know; if you wanna know how Little Mac fares against Roy, want to see the plus sides and downsides of each matchup, go check. Hate projectiles? Look it up. You don't have to read it nor like how it is structured, but this is how I'll be going from now on. Unless 50+ people begin complaining, yeah.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Thinking about picking up Little Mac again, so I came by here and wow I could make so many jokes about the length of your guide.

Anyway, from what I've gotten from this guide, movement and footsies are really important to Little Mac gameplay, but your guide doesn't even have the word footsies (I didn't look through the whole thing, I used ctrl+f because that's actually possible compared to the former). Also, the "How to Fight on the Ground / Air" is basically a rewording of the moveset list, and I don't see why you'd have to do that. Just put the ground moves from the moveset list into the "How to Fight on the Ground" and the same with the aerials.

Still, this guide is, like, really impressive. The fact that you can write 109 pages on just one character is insane, and it's not even finished yet. Just make sure you put everything into spoilers once you put it into Smashboards ;)

Last edited:

Zoramine Fae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8088-7214
Thinking about picking up Little Mac again, so I came by here and wow I could make so many jokes about the length of your guide.

Anyway, from what I've gotten from this guide, movement and footsies are really important to Little Mac gameplay, but your guide doesn't even have the word footsies (I didn't look through the whole thing, I used ctrl+f because that's actually possible compared to the former). Also, the "How to Fight on the Ground / Air" is basically a rewording of the moveset list, and I don't see why you'd have to do that. Just put the ground moves from the moveset list into the "How to Fight on the Ground" and the same with the aerials.

Still, this guide is, like, really impressive. The fact that you can write 109 pages on just one character is insane, and it's not even finished yet. Just make sure you put everything into spoilers once you put it into Smashboards ;)
*Remembers what the word footsies is*

*****s self that she forgot*

Well this is why I shared my guide anyways, in order to check what I missed. Thank god you said that, because I always forget minor/major details like this. Thanks Pixel >.<

Top Bottom