• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

little mac footstall combo thread

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
As made famous by たかじん https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSea7nIOvIw it inspired me to create a list of who this technique can be done to and who it can't be done to. I experiment this in training mode at around 80% and using down tilt as a combo starter. While this probably isn't completley right, I tried to make it as accurate as possible. Note (I don't have mewtwo or any of the mii's) in addition, there are some characters in which rather than footstalling to up b, you get right next to them, spam nair until you are below them, and then up b as a finisher. with that said, here is the list:

Sonic = n

Captain Falcon = y (spam nair)

Little Mac = n

Fox = n

Zero Suit Samus = n

Greninja = y (spam nair)

Sheik = y (spam nair)

Charizard = y (spam nair)

Meta Knight = n

Palutena = n

Yoshi = y

Pikachu = (spam nair)

Diddy Kong = n

Bowser = (spam nair)

Marth = n

Lucina = n

Toon Link = n

Donkey Kong = y

Wii Fit Trainer = y

Pit = n

Dark Pit = n

Rosalina = n

Duck Hunt = y

Mario = n

R.O.B. = n

Mr. Game & Watch = (spam nair)

Pac-Man = n

Shulk = n

Samus = n

Ike = n

Wario = n

Luigi = n

Kirby = n

Lucario = n

Falco = n

Olimar = y

Ebola Back Throw = n

Mega Man = y (spam nair)

Bowser Jr. = n

Peach = n

Link = n

Dedede = y

Dr. Mario = n

Zelda = y

Villager =y (spam nair)

Ganondorf = y (spam nair)

Jigglypuff = n

Robin = n

Last edited:

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
its not even a guaranteed combo as they can act out of nair and neutralize the footstooling effect

Dragonitan

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2122-8048-1140
Actually, the combo can be guaranteed in (probably) all of the heavy characters and most mid-weight ones iirc, but the percentages are so specific it's ridiculous. As an example,the combo only works on Dk if he is at 72%, anything besides that and they can easily escape.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
Actually, the combo can be guaranteed in (probably) all of the heavy characters and most mid-weight ones iirc, but the percentages are so specific it's ridiculous. As an example,the combo only works on Dk if he is at 72%, anything besides that and they can easily escape.
no. characters can act out of nair before little mac even initiates the footstool. just try it out on a lvl 9 CPU set to attack.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
N-Air has two hitboxes--One on his glove and another on his arm. If they both overlap the opponent when it hits, the glove hitbox has priority.

The glove hit has set knockback and has negative frame advantage at any percent. The arm hitbox has knockback growth and can start comboing into other things on people from about 65% onward (depending on weight, of course), but you're generally limited to just one follow-up, because a footstool -> second N-Air would get you the glove hit.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
N-Air has two hitboxes--One on his glove and another on his arm. If they both overlap the opponent when it hits, the glove hitbox has priority.

The glove hit has set knockback and has negative frame advantage at any percent. The arm hitbox has knockback growth and can start comboing into other things on people from about 65% onward (depending on weight, of course), but you're generally limited to just one follow-up, because a footstool -> second N-Air would get you the glove hit.
Ah, thanks for the information. So the best thing I should do is get really close to my opponent so I can hit him with my arm right?

Top Bottom