• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac Counter Jump?

TemporalPick

Smash Rookie
NNID
TemporalPick
I know the title is weird, but it's the best thing I got. I'm training up my Mac skills as best I can for a local tourney, when I found something weird. When I came back to the stage, I used my counter out of randomness, when Mac just took off into the sky. Unfortunately, I left the game in no contest so I couldn't save the clip (stupid me, yes I know). I tried for 2 hours to redo that move, but it could just have been a bug, or there's actually a way to do this as well. If anyone has seen this, please let me know so it's not just an isolated incident, and if you need more info, I'll be happy to tell you all I can.

What I can remember:
Had used up my second jump (even if I didn't, this shot little mac higher than any jump I can make without items)
Falling from left of FD
Opponent was still on stage (no where close to me at the time)

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Perhaps it has some relation to this

Except he goes vertical, and DOESN'T die, which is a lot more useful.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Probably unrelated, but when the OP mentioned going higher than he could with any jump, I pictured this

TemporalPick

Smash Rookie
NNID
TemporalPick
Probably unrelated, but when the OP mentioned going higher than he could with any jump, I pictured this

That's almost like what I saw that day, god I wish I saved that replay. But it was a counter that shot him way up in the air, and no projectiles at all.

TemporalPick

Smash Rookie
NNID
TemporalPick
Perhaps it has some relation to this

Except he goes vertical, and DOESN'T die, which is a lot more useful.
Yes!!! Something like that! But up and not the side! And obviously Little Mac not Marth.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Someone should try countering as Little Mac after being ledgetrumped.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If it was against G&W, it was probably his windboxes via D-Tilt or U-Air.

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Was it immediately after you were sent away by an attack, as soon as you regained control of your character?

Top Bottom