• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac Analysis from the Trailer w/ CT ZeRo & Xaltis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Well he's certainly a character that will suffer from being forced into the air. In fact it looks like the only thing that makes him beatable at all haha.

I know these trailers are meant to showcase the character looking at their best, but still.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!​
Here's what I think.
5:20 The attack is most likely an U-tilt. Also we don't know the amount of damage Fox had. It could've been enough to KO him.
6:30: There's probably super armor in his F-Air.
8:00: It could be a semi-meteor smash like Mario's F-Air
10:00: Could be a fully charged Neutral Special.
13:50: Once again, we don't know the amount of damage Mario had. But he does look intimidating on the ground.
16:00 Knowing the irregularity of the charge. He was probably hit multiple times.

Just a few ideas...

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I noticed a lot of ****, that i'll write up later if anyone else doesn't point it out, but this was my favorite.

"STRAIGHT UP **** YOUR PROJECTILES"

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
His dodge is 23-24 frames, with him being able to attack on the 25th/26th frame, and his invincibility apparently lasting from 4-20. That puts him at a slightly slower roll than meta knight, and at the current second fastest rolling speed.

He is either dodging or jumping over Mega man's charge blast, super armor has lag frames, and he would have stopped for 10-12 frames if his super armor activated.

The Fire effect on Mac's upper cut is Samus's bottom Fair hitbox hitting him and adding the Fire ailment while Mac tanks it with Super Armor and Continues his Usmash.

The attack he charges with Super armor is likely his B move, as No F smash i know of carries a character that for or has that many cool down frames.

His super meter seems to charge at a rate a little below 1 arrow per half second, so he can stand still and charge for 5 seconds to get to a KO, with it appearing to raise as Little Mac attacks as well. (It could be an attack he was charging, and not a proper charge move, so he cannot actually get to KO in 5 seconds.)

The Super Attack itself Caused 74 frames of hitstun for Bowser and megaman, which means the attack has around 180 knockback, enough to kill A non DI'd smasher from the center of final destination, so it seems the attack seems to be barely survivable.
(I'm calculating off of the attack having a Set knockback, because Bowser barely being KO'd and getting that much knockback at 230% is pretty pathetic for an apparent "OHKO" move)

I compared Little Mac and Falcon's dashing on Battlefield, and (assuming battlefield is same size in melee and brawl) Little Mac and Captain falcon are very close in Dashing speed, putting little mac in the top 3-4 in dashing speed.

(please note, these are not 100% accurate, just my human observation and manual frame counting of the videos)

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
His dodge is 12 frames, with him being able to attack on the 13th/14th frame, and his invincibility apparently lasting from 1-8. That puts him at the same roll time as meta knight, but being able to attack 10 frames earlier than the Meta knight.
Unless all characters are getting a smaller amount of dodge lag, Little Mac will be tons faster than anyone else on ground.
Actually if you look at the Rosalina reveal, Marth jumps out of a dodge pretty damn quickly too. I don't know all about dem frames and stuff, but I remember that seeming fast to me.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
His dodge is 12 frames, with him being able to attack on the 13th/14th frame, and his invincibility apparently lasting until the 8th. That puts him at the same roll time as meta knight, but being able to attack 10 frames earlier than the Meta knight.
Unless all characters are getting a smaller amount of dodge lag, Little Mac will be tons faster than anyone else on ground.
But that's the thing. Just the ground.
Like many have said. He'll probably pull an Olimar (being devastating on the ground, but sucking in the air).
I do think him being fast could go with a combo-oriented (just assuming here) gameplay.
The problems with could be a lack of projectile which means he'll have issues with pressure (still assuming here).
And awful air mobility (not to mention a terrible recovery), which could mean problems with Meta Knight and other air-oriented characters.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Actually if you look at the Rosalina reveal, Marth jumps out of a dodge pretty damn quickly too. I don't know all about dem frames and stuff, but I remember that seeming fast to me.
I was not able to look at frames then, but i had the same observation.
(this is all going by a 60 fps measurement, i am sorry for my previous incorrect measurements.)
Marth initiates his dodge and is jumping by frame 29-30, which is 5-6 frames faster than his brawl incarnation which had to wait until frame 35.
Conclusion:dodges are getting a slight buff.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I was not able to look at frames then, but i had the same observation.
(this is all going by a 30 fps measurement, btw)
Marth initiates his dodge and is jumping by frame 19, which is loads faster, considering his roll in brawl's invincibility lasted until frame 23 and he could move after frame 35.
Conclusion:dodges are now hella fast
My own conclusion based on that conclusion: Hell yeah.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
What rolling is fast?

Ug I never rolled as it personally put me in a frame trap if my foe notices and reacts to my roll.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
My own conclusion based on that conclusion: Hell yeah.
I'm sorry, my frame data was incorrect. I was going by 30fps, rather than the standard 60. Marth's Dodge is still faster, but not nearly as much as previously thought.

On the bright side, Attacks are similar hitstun to melee and brawl, so that atleast seems to be safe for now.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm sorry, my frame data was incorrect. I was going by 30fps, rather than the standard 60. Marth's Dodge is still faster, but not nearly as much as previously thought.

On the bright side, Attacks are similar hitstun to melee and brawl, so that atleast seems to be safe for now.
Any increase in speed is a good thing for me, so it's fine if the frame data was off.
But when you say hitstun is similar to melee and brawl... do you mean the former or the latter? o.o

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Any increase in speed is a good thing for me, so it's fine if the frame data was off.
But when you say hitstun is similar to melee and brawl... do you mean the former or the latter? o.o
Melee and brawl, believe it or not, had the exact same hitstun multiplier.
However, Brawl's hitstun could be cancelled with an air dodge after frame 13 i believe, meaning that hitstun was a lot smaller due to it being able to be cancelled.
I believe this was a glitch and it will likely be addressed in sm4sh

(I'm keeping my preliminary frame data and observations in My first post, if anyone has already read it and not the edits.)

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Melee and brawl, believe it or not, had the exact same hitstun multiplier.
However, Brawl's hitstun could be cancelled with an air dodge after frame 13 i believe, meaning that hitstun was a lot smaller due to it being able to be cancelled.
I believe this was a glitch and it will likely be addressed in sm4sh

(I'm keeping my preliminary frame data and observations in My first post, if anyone has already read it and not the edits.)
Well the more I know huh D=
Fingers crossed for the addressing you mentioned then.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
I messed around in After Effects and got the frame in question:
Capture.PNG

I'd have posted a slowed down .gif, but I'm a little rusty with AE.

Edit: my analysis is that he has a very fast air dodge that allows him to attack directly after.

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Anybody else like how fast the gameplay looks?

Superarmor? Definitely superarmor, scary-scary
I love it. As he's a fast character, Little Mac definitely looks to be one of my favorite characters in the game, alongside Sonic, Mega Man and Marth.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I messed around in After Effects and got the frame in question:
View attachment 8558

I'd have posted a slowed down .gif, but I'm a little rusty with AE.

Edit: my analysis is that he has a very fast air dodge that allows him to attack directly after.
No way. That is definitely a sideB. He also does it when he jumps into the ring at the beginning of the gameplay. He moves into the background with invincibility and then clops the opponent in the head.

EDIT: At 5:58, that wasn't a KO, that's the new high-knockback effect that Sakurai showed off in that one Miiverse post. It does look a lot like the KO blast but remember the color difference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom