• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little announcement for DGamers

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Speaking of that game, I want to revive it.

EDIT: But let me talk about the actual issue at hand here. Account linking is a great idea; limiting it to premium users is beyond idiotic. The feature itself is incredibly useful but it shouldn't be tied to the Premium User package this site offers because most Premium Users don't really get the benefits of it. That feature helps DGamers and T.O.s only because these are the only groups of people who are allowed to have alternate accounts for very visible and very acceptable reasons. Anyone else gets their alt banned. Since we're the only groups that need it, why do we have to pay for it?

What it should be done is limited to people that have the DGames Postbit and find a way to get it to T.O.'s (I don't know if they have their own postbit/special group/whatever or not).

Last edited:

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Xatres has a solid argument though, so my vote isn't just a bandwagon. I think his response is solid and concrete enough for me to think you have something more sinister in mind. How hard is it to allow such a function that explictly helps DGames in a huge way, let alone one suggested from someone who is from DGames? I understand that you can't be going around giving perks to everyone, but I don't really see how else it's more useful to someone who isn't a DGamer where hydras and alternate accounts are more relevant and allow us to do broader and bigger things. There was a game @ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry wanted to play called Pick Your Poison, which involved using many throwaway alternate accounts and made the whole game anonymous, but it was hard to get going because of how hard it is to create alternates in the first place, let alone tracking them.

I'm not asking for an under the table deal where you're slipping us a card and keeping it discreet from everyone else, and I imagine more people would want to sign up and play DGames if they were able to use this feature (of course under a certain requirement like @Kataefi suggested) which helps us even more.
Xonar's sidelining is one thing, but Vote: Soup with this sly bit of FUD.

I don't see this feature drawing anybody to DGames, were it to be given to the group as a whole. But it could encourage people to make and use more hydra accounts and pollute the metagame with more cognitive dissonance! Yay!

More to the point, I don't see getting :wine&dagger: being a reliable barrier to entry for this account-linking system, coming from a security standpoint. (There never having been problems does not mean there will never be.) And arguments in favour of using it as such (simply because the infrastructure is already in place) dodge the larger point of fairness between special interest groups, and step on administrators' prerogative of where to draw the line.

And, from a personal standpoint, I would rather not see a prize (however small) associated with wine&dagger, as I think that it should exist entirely as its own kudos for the time investment.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Gonna target Nabe tonight to recruit into the cult.

**** this is a thread not our PM discussion.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
It's okay, town won't have the numbers to lynch us anyway toMorrow so we're cool as long as our recruit goes through toNight.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
I personally think it should be given to DGamers as a whole, the requirement thing should be a legitimate way to keep people from just joining one game and leaving forever. Soup is right in the aspect that it would draw more people to DGames and the confusion with hydras would go down astronomically.

@ Warchamp7 Warchamp7 the real problem with the money aspect is that most people here are either in college or very soon out of it. Personally I don't have enough money to get books for next semester and even less to be throwing at a website, no matter how much I may like it. Smashboards has already spent the money to develop the software to do it so why not make it a free thing? Hell every time I get on here I'm accosted with ads out the ass, I think that should be enough to cover one more perk to being a member here. The amount of times I go here plus the amount of people I get to sign up should be enough if you ask me. Hell, if you really think about it, each time we go to this website (personally I check about 10 times daily) is another x amount of money in Smashboard's pocket. Add that to the people who actually have enough money to spend on premium and you're making a decent chunk of change daily. Granted you are spending money on getting things for us, such as devs. However, it's us being here that even allows that.

#MyTwoCents

:applejack:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I mean it takes 5 games under a DGamer's belt to get the postbit, so it'd take 5 games to achieve multi account status

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I say think about it again if it doesn't accomplish the original goals at first. If not then we'll take what we can get.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
shameless repost
Xonar's sidelining is one thing, but Vote: Soup with this sly bit of FUD.

I don't see this feature drawing anybody to DGames, were it to be given to the group as a whole. But it could encourage people to make and use more hydra accounts and pollute the metagame with more cognitive dissonance! Yay!

More to the point, I don't see getting :wine&dagger: being a reliable barrier to entry for this account-linking system, coming from a security standpoint. (There never having been problems does not mean there will never be.) And arguments in favour of using it as such (simply because the infrastructure is already in place) dodge the larger point of fairness between special interest groups, and step on administrators' prerogative of where to draw the line.

And, from a personal standpoint, I would rather not see a prize (however small) associated with wine&dagger, as I think that it should exist entirely as its own kudos for the time investment.

Top Bottom