• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Litte Mac on Battlefield

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
We know how much of force Little Mac is on Final Destination(and Omega Mode), but what about Battlefield type stages?

I doubt anyone will avoid him and play musical chairs with the platforms but does he more of disadvantage there?

Heck even stages like Tomadachi Life and Yoshi's Island

SaikyoBro

The One Who Knocks
NNID
SaikyoBro
I think he's okay on Battlefield/Yoshi's but FD will always be optimal. Any other stages are usually very cruel to him; I was in a tourney a week or two ago where Prism Tower was a starter and Mute City, Rainbow Road, and Tomodachi Life among others were available as counterpicks... not a pretty sight. If stages like that remain options then I can't imagine Mac being of any viability in tournaments honestly. FD will always be banned and he'll always have to play at least one match on a stage he's severely disadvantaged on.

Novaremnant

Smash Rookie
Personal experience has me playing a lot on Yoshi's Island and Battlefield.

On Battlefield, Little Mac's upsmash, forward-upsmash, and even KO Punch can land on opponents on the lower two platforms, and a small stage doesn't give opponents a lot of space to run from. You just have to be very, very careful you don't Jolt Haymaker off the edge and SD.

On Yoshi's Island, the ghost platforms can be a lifesaver for his weak recovery and blast zones are fairly small, so he can KO easier. He can only hit opponents on the platform from the ground when it's at a lower height, though. And I don't know if it's an optimal move to perform, but he can Up-B enemies camping on platforms on both stages with a quick land, so long as he doesn't get blocked, dodged, or punished on the land.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Fullhop airdodge and immediate double-jump F-Air/B-Air land on a Battlefield platform laglessly from the ground. I like to swing B-Air on the opposite side of the platform and KO Punch as they react and come toward me; an easy bait until people start "getting" it.

Bunansa

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0447-5165-3456
I have a love-hate relationship with LM. He's my favorite character in looks, flair, and fighting style. But I'm already contemplating moving on as a player. MOST tournaments are not FD ONLY NO ITEMS NO SMASHES. They're usually an amalgamation of them all or just a few restriction. Leaving multiple maps, items and even a lot of smashes that are out of his reach purely due to his lack of recovery and jumping prowess. I just wish there was someone I LIKED as much as LM when looking for a solid Main.
Alas... LM will always be a switch up second for me especially if on a flatter terrain.

But I've grown to understand LM's MULTIPLE upon MULTIPLE downfalls of his character. That as higher-end players become more efficient, will lower LM farther and farther down any tier listing created. However scandalous those tier lists maybe

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The character will only get better as people get better, as he has almost all the tools that good characters dream of, and in such extremes. He has nowhere to go but up, I feel.

Yoki

Smash Apprentice
The option to either land on a platform or fall through it is a much needed mixup to help you escape juggles and use Up B a bit more safely, so Little Mac doesn't actually get hurt by platforms that much. Battlefield is still his worst stage and what I would ban for most matchups, but I feel like Yoshi's Island is better than FD and Prism Tower isn't really that bad.

Little Mac benefits the most (by a very large margin) from advanced movement techniques that are hard to perform consistently on a 3DS, so I also feel like he has a lot of room to grow. Lopsided glass canon characters are extremely fun when properly balanced, and Little Mac really feels like he's in a good place right now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom