• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Listing of all moves done by the newcomers in the trailers

Prince Karo

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this has been done yet, but I haven't been able to find a list like this anywhere...

Here is a listing of all the unique moves that I've seen in both trailers, along with my best guesses on which moves the are, as well as the times they appear in the trailer. (all times are from the second trailer unless noted)
Please let me know if there are any moves that I missed, or if you think you have better guesses on which moves are which.

Wario
-----------
Down Tilt A (1:51)
Up Tilt A (0:43)
Forward Smash A (1:08)
Air Neutral A (0:44)
Air Forward A (2:05)
Air Back A (0:46)
Dash Attack (0:42)
Super Move (1:36 first trailer)

Meta Knight
-------------
Combo A (0:54)
Up Smash A (2:07)
Air Neutral A (1:46)
Air Forward A (0:56)
Air Down A (0:58 first trailer)
Dash Attack (2:06)
Forward B (0:57)
Down B (0:48 first trailer)

Pit
--------------
Combo A (1:09)
Up Smash A (1:05)
Air Forward A (1:40)
Air Up A (0:58 first trailer)
Forward B (2:00)
Up B (1:07)
Neutral B (0:50 first trailer)

Snake
-------------
Combo A (1:26)
Forward Smash A (1:29)
Up Tilt A (1:34)
Down Smash A (1:36)
Air Forward A (1:28)
Air Down A (1:54)
Neutral B (1:52)
Down B (2:04)

Zero Suit Samus
---------------
Forward Tilt A (1:17)
Down Tilt A (1:16)
Up Smash A (1:18)
Dash attack (2:04)
Down B (2:07)

Xx GuNz xX

Smash Journeyman
Clearify for me what "Forward Strong A" or "Up Strong A". It can't be a smash attack, because you also say "Down Smash A" and such. Maybe I'm just not thinking it through.

Zink

Smash Champion
I don't think we can really guess accurately what buttons a particular move is. For example, M2's usmash and IC's utilt are very similar.

Chepe

Smash Lord
I made some changes on what I think, with my changes in bold and some explanations:

Wario
-----------
Down Tilt A (1:51) He is seen crawling backwards before doing the move
Up Tilt A (0:43)
Forward Smash A (1:08)
Air Neutral A (0:44)
Air Forward A (2:05)
Air Back A (0:46)
Dash Attack (0:42)
Super Move (1:36 first trailer)

Meta Knight
-------------
Combo A (0:54)
Up Tilt A (2:07)
Air Neutral A (1:46)
Forward B (0:56) This screams recovery move. Also seen performed after a jump at 1:50
Air Down A (0:58 first trailer)
Dash Attack (2:06) Its definitely the kick thing he uses on Wario here...
Down B (0:48 first trailer)

Pit
--------------
Combo A (1:09)
Up Smash A (1:05)
Air Forward A (1:07) (1:40) I really think his attack at Meta Knight is an A move, aerial side A looks perfect, up B would be awkward
Forward B (2:00)
Neutral B (0:50 first trailer)
Air Up A (first trailer) An addition, the move he uses right as Metaknight jumps over him, like a helicopter blade

Snake
-------------
Combo A (1:26)
Forward Smash A (1:29)
Up Tilt A (1:34) The move isnt strong enough, and it reminds me of Shiek and Fox/Falco's up tilt. Fox had this exact move in the first Smash Bros
Forward B/Down B (1:36) All opinion here, but I still think it is a B move
Air Forward A (1:28)
Air Down A (1:54)
Down B (2:04) Wha? I dont see any attack from ANYONE at this point in the trailer

Zero Suit Samus
---------------
Forward Tilt A (1:17)
Down Tilt A (1:16) Not strong enough, the way it keeps Link in for more hits, it looks a lot like the forward tilt compared to the up smash seen right after
Up Smash A (1:18)
Dash attack (2:04)
Down B (2:07)

T-major

Smash Champion
Meta Knight's rapid slash combo is a forward B. when he first shows up in the first video, he walks towards Mario (and I mean walk. his run is him gliding forward close to the ground), and uses the move without stoping. if it was an A combo he would have to stop, or else he would use a F tilt. that could only mean that it's a Forward B. the air glide is most likely an up B, his forward B if used in the air (with Rapid slash being ground only), or an air dash (which would be something new).

Chepe

Smash Lord
You know, that Side B being two moves (slashes on ground and gliding in air) makes perfect sense, as I cant see how Metaknight can do that glide whenever he is on the ground since he doesnt jump when he activates it. His wings just fold and he begins moving forward, so Forward B can be some of the sword slashes, when not in the air...

Prince Karo

Smash Apprentice
Down B (2:04) Wha? I dont see any attack from ANYONE at this point in the trailer
we only catch the end of it. you can only see it good in a single frame. It is the reason that Wario is on fire in this scene... basically, if your in the right frame, you should see Snake crouching, and a smoke trail from some sort of projectile leading to an explosion on Wario on the ledge above. I can try and get a screencap later, if you like.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Oh, Wario was sent burning off the course because of Snake's grenade, yeah. I guess Down B is a good enough guess. You see the grenade for the first time at 1:52, if you play the video slow motion (need to save it as WMP file), you can see it falling next to Snake onto Pit, and he is sent out of the stage in flames...

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Everyone, who CARES? The point is that Metaknight did SOME ATTACK that hits UPWARDS.

Which one this is, we will find out WHEN SAKURAI WANTS US TO.

<hypocratic>Also, I think it's an upSmash.</hypocrite>

Prince Karo

Smash Apprentice
I updated the list with most of your suggestions added.

Two things, though.
T-major, in the scene you describe, Meta Knight is not walking. He dashes, then cancels the dash, and his poor traction causes him to keep moving forward. I still stick by my opinion that that is his combo move.

Chepe, I looked at the frame of Snake's grenade attack that you described, and it looks totally different then the attack shown near then end of the trailer. In the latter, Snake is crouching and shooting something straight up into the air. In your scene, it seems Snake is using a grenade similar to Link's bombs. I feel that they are two different attacks, and have listed them as such.

I anyone has any more suggestions, please let me know! :)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
You should describe the moves if you can. I really can't make out anything that looks like Wario's down tilt A or forward aerial A.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Wario's down tilt A can be seen right after the screen rises with a view of Pit's cloud stage. A one second battle scene with Meta Knight, Wario, Mario, and Pikachu can be seen. Metaknight performs his Forward B and begins gliding while Wario is on the topmost platform crawling backward. He stops then does a downward swipe with his arm kinda like Peach's down tilt A in Melee...

His forward aerial A can be seen near the end of the trailer on the Halberd stage. When jumping back after being sent out in flames, he does a weird spin movement and a slap like Luigi's forward aerial A...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think the forward aeriel you are talking about is simply a second jump with goofy animations. No attacking.

Top Bottom