• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Listen to MK's Voice in this Video.

Mario Girl

Smash Cadet
Meta Knights is allright
Fox sounds strange
Pit's voice is kind of annyoing
Falco sounds strange
I hate Ikes, it sounds nothing like he should.
I was afraid of this =( I'll either keep it that way or change the voices to japaneese.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
I like the Japanese voice actor for Metta better. But then again, since when does Japan nto have better voice acting than America, besides Cell in DBZ.

Slurgly

Smash Cadet
This location has been removed due to stalkers. An
Pht. He's not Darth Vader's brother, he obviously has the same helmet thing because Obi-Wan cut off his limbs and he got burned all over his body, than a Sith named Darth Sidious gave him robotic arms and legs and gave him that cool mask. Yeah, that's a little Meta Knight history.

DaFlameking

Smash Cadet
In the Japanese Brawl, Metaknights voice perfectly fit him. Whyd they put someone with a deeper voice to dub for the english voice. WHYYYYYYYYY

Now hes a wannabee darthvader =/

4 Aces

Smash Ace
I keep flipping the comments pages back further and further, but they're just the same posts repeated in a cycle. Kinda odd.

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
In the Japanese Brawl, Metaknights voice perfectly fit him. Whyd they put someone with a deeper voice to dub for the english voice. WHYYYYYYYYY

Now hes a wannabee darthvader =/
Yeah, I prefered the voice he had in the Japanese version, but I'll get used to it along with all the other english voices.

Litrid

Smash Rookie
Meta Knights is allright
Fox sounds strange
Pit's voice is kind of annyoing
Falco sounds strange
I hate Ikes, it sounds nothing like he should.
I was afraid of this =( I'll either keep it that way or change the voices to japaneese.

You can change em to Japanese?

Vulcan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaberVulcan
You can change em to Japanese?
Same question here, my buddy told me its possible but is there a way to do it without changing the whole language of the game? I really like the japanese voices for some characters..

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
Same question here, my buddy told me its possible but is there a way to do it without changing the whole language of the game? I really like the japanese voices for some characters..
Yeah I was thinking about that too. Since you couldn't do that in melee I thought otherwise but maybe in Brawl you can.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I don't think people who can't speak Japanese are qualified to say whether the voice acting is "better." If you can't understand what is being said, then odds are you have no idea of the quality of the acting.

That being said... MK's voice is the bomb. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise. Even yourself.

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
I don't think people who can't speak Japanese are qualified to say whether the voice acting is "better." If you can't understand what is being said, then odds are you have no idea of the quality of the acting.

That being said... MK's voice is the bomb. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise. Even yourself.
I myself am Japanese. The english voice acting is fine but I always liked having the characters speak japanese. It's just a preference.

sxiz

Smash Cadet
Maybe it's better precisely because we can't understand what's being said? Some dubs have terrible dialouge.

But for the most part he voices just sound better. I mean really, I doubt there is anyone who prefers MK's anime dub voice to his original. ****ing 4Kids.

DaFlameking

Smash Cadet
lol @ 4Kids. Its like this. You wouldnt have a muscular guy having a high pitched voice. thats just wrong. thats how we guys are comparing the *** voices to the english voices.

Some of us know his background and personalities and would never think of hearing him sound like that.

Hearing MetaKnight's voice in the ja'panese version. That sounded good. Hearing the english dub, it sounds too harsh on his personality which doesnt add up.

Top Bottom