• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List your top 5 most wanted characters in ssb4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
1) Palutena - Kid Icarus has seen a recent revival in the form of uprising, which was really popular--and Palutena is one of the main characters. Enjoyable and important in her game, she could bring a very unique moveset to Smash Bros and give Kid Icarus a much-deserved second representative.
2) Waluigi - Though the matter of 'completeness' is a noteworthy reason, I just like this guy. Goofy, cartoony-villanous, and (in my opinion) severely underrated, this purple-clad underdog might still somehow seem like a poor choice for Smash until you take a look at http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=58714.0
3) Ghirahim - An interesting and very capable character in his own right, Ghirahim would represent the most recent Skyward Sword and perhaps replace Ganondorf, unless His Clonliness is given his sword.
4) King K. Rool - This killer croc represents the older-school Donkey Kong Country games, and is certainly more deserving of a roster spot as a recurring villain rather than Tikis, Vikings, or almost every Kong. He has a lot of moves to draw on based off his alter egos. He is one of the most-requested newcomers by far, certainly among the top five overall.
5) Mewtwo - Another wildly requested character, this returning veteran would not only rep the older days of Pokemon but the modern as well, thanks to his Awakening form. One, the other, or both could add variety to a moveset and appease many fans. I myself played him in Melee and enjoyed him, for whatever that's worth, and a returning appearance would be delightful.

Runners-up!
Krystal - A unique, non-clone, female Star Fox character who might be a better fit in Smash than Falco
Ridley - Certainly a very deserving second Metroid character and a renowned, recurring villain to boot, but not my personal preference
Samurai Goroh - I'd prefer this second F-Zero character over Black Shadow, but he doesn't have a whole lot of moveset potential
Bowser Jr. - I like this guy, but some of the others take preference for me

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Well... looking at my Sig, it should be obvious. We are talking about realistic ones, I guess?

1. Tingle - He is the only one for whom I would pay moneys for seeing him being playable. He is awesome, creepy, weird, brings uniqueness to SmashBros, has a wide possible moveset and, most importantly, makes my friends rage they see me playing him for sure.
2. Waluigi - I wasn't unhappy to see him being confirmed as an AT in Brawl, thought him being playable would have been epic, doing Mario & Luigi vs Wario & Waluigi matches. He is also a bit creepy, plays dirty and has some relevantness as being a representant for the Mario spinoff series.
3. Kamek - Well. I highly doubt Sakurai will include him in Smash4, but this makes the pleasure I would get by seeing him even higher. After all, he is the second most important character in the game.
4. Ashley - Black haired witch loli. We need some Casters like her, Kamek or Tharja (or in generall more girls).
5. Gaston - Smashbros needs more mainly men
5. Bowser Jr - I was suprised that he wasn't even an AT in Brawl, despite being quite an interesting and often reappearing character and the Mario series. But I guess he isn't important enough.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
1). Masked Man - The Mother/Earthbound series needs more love, and this re-constructed boy is a perfect character to give it more representation. Claus is such a bad*** character who I think even non-Mother fans would find appealing due to all of his unique abilities. He can use PK Love, has an arm cannon, and an awesome lightning sword that can shoot electric shocks...what's not to like?
2). Isaac - He's the main character of a pretty popular series, plus he could have a pretty interesting moveset. Isaac could use his Psyenergy, various swords/axes, and could summon some Djinn too help him out. He would make a great addition!
3). Ridley - I've never played any Metroid games, but this guy deserves to be in. He looks totally awesome, plus he's Samus' main antagonist, so why not add him in? I know many others would be happy to see him join the fight!
4). Palutena - Never played Kid Icarus either, but she seems like she could fit right in on the roster. Plus with the new KI game out, I feel like she's a likely candidate. SSB needs more females IMO.
5). Mach Rider - I know, I know. Seems like an odd choice, but the more I think about it, the more I kinda want to see him in. Think about it: a guy who always rides around on a bike. I just think it would make a unique and really interesting character. (If not him, then maybe Excitebiker).

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
1) Geno -- come on, Square, let him be put in a damn Smash game already! You never should've shelved this guy in the first place!
2) Simon Belmont -- he literally NEEDS to be in this game. He's a Nintendo giant that's been a missing piece of the trifecta for far too long.
3) Little Mac -- not much to say about him
4) Dixie Kong -- We really need more female fighters and it's a shame Dixie was shelved until the more recent sports games.
5) King K. Rool -- We need more villains too. Really more DK characters in general.

Rainbow-Sasuke

Smash Rookie
1. Waluigi. Ever since I first saw this guy, I just loved him. He is so funny, and I'm sure they can make a good moveset for him.
2. Little Mac. He needs to be in SSB4, and his moveset has basically been made for him from Punch-Out for the Wii.
3. Dixie Kong. I've never played a Donkey Kong Country game before, but from what I've heard, she would fit in perfectly. She could even use her hair as a weapon.
4. Bowser Jr. I would love to see Bowser Jr in SSB4, and he could even turn into Shadow Mario and use his magic paintbrush as his main form of attacking. Plus, SSB needs more villains.
5. King K.Rool. Read the first sentence of number 3. He is the main villain in the Donkey Kong franchise, and I'm actually surprised he hasn't been in a Smash Bros. as of yet.

Rukifellth

Smash Rookie
I won't rank them, but I'd love to see these five in new Smash Bros:

Kachi from Sin & Punishment 2
She would have fast firing projectile moves, simhilair to Fox & Falco, but rapid fire, but causes no knockback, and can be aimed. She would also be able to use a charge shoot ability, also focused on aiming, this time targeting multiple foes to hit with homing shots. Hovering for a short while with her hoverboard. Using Martial arts to reflect projectiles or even attacks. And finally, her final smash would make her hover towards the foreground on her hoverboard and attack opponents just like in S&P2. She'd be a frail character but with some heavy damage potential and good recovery

Demille from Tomato Adventure
The progenitor to the famous Mario & Luigi RPG's, Demille is a rabbit boy with tons of gimmicks to use like Cog Yoyos, Dragon Knuckles, Shoe Cars, Croc Grappler, Instant Volcanos, Magnetic Gloves, Telekenetic Helmet, and much much more

Ashley from Wario Ware
I always felt Wario should use more Wario Land abilities, so why not have Ashley be the Wario Ware representative? With Game & Wario, lots of potential was given to her: She could use her staff to fire lightning bolts, but can only fire one after aiming it at an opponent first. Ride her broom horisontally, knocking anyone in her path, at any time, she could repeat that ability while riding the broom to do a loop, or just jump of the broom before it dissapears, jumping would be able to be done while a loop too! Charge upwards in certain directions depending on the direction held using her umbrella, and spinning while doing it too, turning her into a potent drill recovery attack. Create a massive magnetic field that would hurt anyone close, AND draw in items towards her, could perhaps draw in opponents a bit too. Her final smash would be her Boss minigame from her first appearence. She turns into planet Earth, and bombards opponents with bullets from the Moon, The Earth would be controlled like a Shoot Em Up ship. wooo!

Ridley
Not big surprice ya? :p

Palutena
As seen in Uprising, she shows quite some potential as a playable character, that and she is sooooo funny. XD
Also, seeing as Princess Lana was inspired by Palutena, quite some fun could be had with Her, Pit, Samus and Megaman. She could also have quite some cool palettes like: Medusa, Viridi, Pandora, and even Princess Lana.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Samurai Goroh - I'd prefer this second F-Zero character over Black Shadow, but he doesn't have a whole lot of moveset potential

Au contraire, my friend. We at the Samurai Goroh thread see this kind of thing a lot, and can understand where this misconception comes from. However, on behalf of all Goroh supporters, I invite you to come down to the Goroh thread and take a look around! :grin:

What do you mean this is a shameless plug?

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
1. PAC man!!!
2. Paper Mario
3. Takamaru
4. King K Rool
5. Mii

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I am not really invested in seeing any characters in particular, but I would love to see these:

1. Lucina or Lyn
2. Roy
3. Isaac
4. Little Mac
5. Geno

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
1. Chrom/Lucina: Do I really need to say why I want them in there. Either one works for me.

2. Palutena: I loved her so much in uprising, and I think we need more female characters

3. Paper Mario: I think he would have loads of potential

4. Little Mac: He would fit perfectly in Smash in my opinion

5. King K. Rool: I want more villains in the roster and K. Rool would fit perfectly

Yams

Smash Journeyman
1. Duck Hunt Dog: He would hilarious, and one of the best WTF characters.
2. Waluigi: YEAH YEAH YEAH!
3. Little Mac: Should have been in a long time ago
4. Mewtwo: I liked him in Melee, and I actually think his new form is kinda cool
5. Nintendog: Has some epic moveset options, and even though it probably won't happen, it could be hilarious.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
For genuine newcomers:

1. Ridley
2. Palutena
3. King K.Rool
4. Saki
5. Dillon

Mewtwo comes in ahead of Saki and Dillon if previously cut veterans are included.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
Mine are

Krystal
Paulenta
Captain Syrup
Kamek
King K Rool

I prefer people who can have a fun gameplay style and I think that these five have amazing potential gameplay wise

Darth Shard

Dark Lord of the Smash Bros.
1) Paper Mario: I know there are a lot of Mario characters in Smash already, but the Paper Mario titles comprise most of my favorite games and I think he would be incredibly fun to play.
2) Knuckles: Even though Sonic is still unconfirmed, I'm enamored with the idea of several Sonic characters repping for Smash, of which Knuckles is the most deserving (also okay with Tails).
3) Ridley: I've played almost zero Metroid, but Samus needs a companion character, and Ridley is the epitome of awesome. Also, Smash needs villains.
4) Palutena: An incredibly likeable character with a lot of potential. Smash also needs more females, and a second Kid Icarus rep seems appropriate.
5) Kamek: I think Smash needs more magic-users, and Yoshi's main rival also adds a villain to the roster. Kamek seems an unlikely choice, but hey!

Honorable mentions-
Toad: Stepping out of the shadows, completes the SMB2 quad. Could incorporate NSMB elements.
Waluigi: Completes Mario quad, adds a goofy playstyle and reps the Mario spin-off titles.
Simon Belmont: Rich Nintendo history and potential for cool whip-based play.
Black Mage: Early Final Fantasy titles were an important part of Nintendo's game library, and whom among the early characters is more iconic?
Pac-Man: Namco's mascot, iconic, friendly Nintendo relations, and overall just a classic addition would Pac-Man make (I'm channeling my inner Yoda).

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
1. Lyn
2. Masked Man
3. Mewtwo
4. Little Mac
5. Toon/Phantom Zelda

Honorable mentions go to Roy, Geno, and Krystal

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I made this list by tweaking my most wanteds with likelihood of inclusion. Also, I went in reverse order for dramatic effect. It's the thespian in me. Here we go!!!

5. Dixie Kong - I need another DK representative, and I always need more female characters. Dixie was always a solid possibility, but with Tropical Freeze coming up, she's perfect!
4. Krystal - Again with the female reps, and the fact that she would add some variety to the somewhat stale Star Fox cast.
3. Dillon - A new, well-received franchise with a great lead character. His move set is easy (though the roll attack is somewhat overused), and he just looks so awesome!!!
2. Isaac/Matthew - Golden Sun needs a rep badly, and I really don't care which. This would also be a great gateway to a much needed Golden Sun 4.
1. Toad - If my profile pic didn't clue you in, Toad is my biggest wish. I won't jump on my soapbox, but Toad is overdue for inclusion in the series, and with the new Mario coming up, the timing couldn't be better.

Honorable mentions:
Professor Layton - I like him, but I didn't see his viability as a fighter at first. However, I was playing the second game and witnessed his prowess with a rapier, and I suddenly didn't doubt him quite so much. I just don't know how the artistic style would work.
King K. Rool - A DK villain? Yes, please. I have other preferences, but he'd be awesome.

Ascended

Smash Ace
1: Ridley
2: Dillon
3: Isaac/Little Mac
4: Wonder Red
5: Chrom/Palutena

As much as I want him, I don't consider Mewtwo a newcomer, he'd just be a returning vet.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
1. Lucina
2. Ephraim
3. Bulbasaur
4. Midna
5. Little Mac

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
My realistic most-wanted characters:
Dixie Kong
Little Mac
Pac-Man
Palutena
Toad

My unrealistic most-wanted characters:
Captain N
Duck Hunt Dog
Meowth
Simon Belmont
Tingle

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Ridley - Metroid main villain and is one of the missing characters in a game that celebrates Nintendo's most popular franchises and characters.
King K. Rool - Same reason as above.
Paper Mario - Same reason as the two above. The Paper Mario series has put it's mark on the map and if there can be two Links, there can be two Marios. And his paper self is the ideal candidate.

Otherwise, nobody really. Mewtwo's return would be swell and I suppose I'm game for Palutena (needs more female characters...)

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
1. Geno
2. Mewtwo
3. Geno
4. Sukapon
5. GEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I just looked through here and I am scoring all characters (with 5 or more votes) based of the places they were given in this thread.

5 points for 1st, 4 points for 2nd, 3 for 3rd, 2 for 4th and 1 point for 5th.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
1. Palutena
2. Ridley
3. Either Lucina, Lyn, or Anna
4. Masked Man
5. Rosalina

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
1. Skull Kid

2. Neku and Shiki

3. Vaati

4. Anyone with a spear(used like a qiang)

5. Someone from an operation rainfall game(I haven't finished Xenoblade Chronicles, and The Last Story will be played after that. The Last Story looks to be more up my alley. I don't plan on playing Pandora's Tower. However, I really just want someone from any of these three games to represent the importance of the localization movement.)

FiDeL

Smash Rookie
1. Masked Link
2. Rifle Grunt
3. Excitebiker
4. Lolo
5. Lyn ( with 2 swords like in awakeming dlc artwork)

I want Ridley too but i think it's not likely and Little Mac but it's the only characters that i thinks it's pretty sure he's gonna be in!!!

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I'd like to remake my choices :p

1) Little Mac- My favorite Nintendo character that's not in Smash Bros yet and he has so much potential, character, uniqueness, and necessity to be in Smash Bros!

2) Starfy- I loved this little guy ever since I discovered him in Brawl and played The Legendary Starfy! Unfortunately, he has less popularity in the US but he's so unique, hilarious, and likable! His moveset has such vast potential to!

3) Hoenn Pokémon Trainer- I loved the Hoenn starters the most and they would be super fun and unique to play as! Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken for SSB4!

4) Pac-Man- I love this guy! His platformer and arcade game basically give him a moveset already, and why wouldn't Sakurai want one of the most recognizable characters in gaming in his game?

5) Paper Mario- I know, I know it's a stretch to get him in but he is so different to regular Mario and he makes up my childhood and favorite Mario sub-series! He would be so unique, fun, and nostalgic to play as!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
My top 5 well I have too many to choose from so I'm doing 10

1 Ridley
Favorite Nintendo villain can be shrunken to playable size and trillions of request

2 Mewtwo
I got so so mad when mewtwo got kicked from brawl and his new form and the new movie and request and sakurai saying we are considering him ups his chances to almost 90% to getting in

3 king k rool
This guy needs to be back on top and I like this dk villain

4 R.O.B
Brawl was his comeback and the worlds first real life thing to be playable he made 14 appearances In games and that are these 1 star tropics 2 Kirby's dream land 3 3 appeared in star fox games 4 appeared In Warioware games 5 appeared in f-zero games 6 viewtiful joe and last but not least his head was in pikmin 2 and it said on it remembered old buddy (well sort of since it flopped as a product since its slow and only plays 2 nes games) and 2 playable Mario kart des and of coarse super smash bros I mean he has so many cameo appearances and 2 playable and being loved I doubt he's going to be kicked

5 little Mac
This kid needs an even bigger spot light than the wii remake

BONUS
6 genesect
Coolest 5th gen pokemon more likly than zoroark due to the same movie I mentioned early about mewtwo and in a lot of top 10 most popular 5th gen pokemon he's the rival of mewtwo the most request veteran and ill post it later In genesect support thread but it still needs some slight work but I have a move set for him

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
1. Little Mac
2. Ridley
3. Bowser Jr.
4. King K. Rool
5. Samurai Goroh

Status