• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of PSAs compatible with Project M (Seeking Testers)

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I've recently been testing with PSAs with Project M.

Here's what I've found:

:mario2:
______
SMBZ Moveset But no Doctor Mario alts. (except for one)

:luigi2:
______
Untested PSAs

:peach:
______
Untested PSAs

:bowser2:
______
Untested PSAs

:dk2:
______
Shadow the Hedgehog Works fine, but the file replacements don't match up team colors & stock. I do have the .sawnd file if you want it. Having Sonic in Battle will change the Chaos Spear into the Loop Cycle. Works fine.

:diddy:
______
Silver the Hedgehog This works fine (from what I've played with) The SFX's included do not function. Trying to change it to the Brawl Diddy Group ID will freeze.

:yoshi2:
_____
Untested PSAs

:warioc::wario:
_____
Untested PSAs

:link2:
_____

Zero

:zelda:
_____
Untested PSAs

:sheik:
_____

Spider-Man or use this one.
:ganondorf:
_____
Untested PSAs

:toonlink:
_____
Untested PSAs

:samus2:
_____
NO PSAS WILL WORK! CROUCHING WITH SAMUS WILL FREEZE!

:zerosuitsamus:
_____
Untested PSAs

:pit:
_____

Waluigi
:popo:
_____
Untested PSAs

:rob:
_____
WILL NOT WORK

:kirby2:
_____

[/URL]
Kirby Fighter Works fine, only specials replaced

:metaknight:
_____
Untested PSAs

:dedede:
_____
[/URL]
God PSA Works fine, FS takes forever, lag at certain times.

:olimar:
_____
Untested PSAs

:fox:
_____
Untested PSAs

:falco:
_____
Untested PSAs

:wolf:
_____

Vegeta

:falcon:
_____
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=23069
GokuB-throw has a graphical glitch and Down-B has some problems "connecting."

:pikachu2:
_____
Untested PSAs

:squirtle::ivysaur::charizard:

:lucario:
______
Gokario

:jigglypuff:
______
Knuckles

:marth:
______
Dark Samus Lags a bit.

:ike:
______
Dante

:ness2:
______
Untested PSAs

:lucas:
______
Untested PSAs
:gw:
______
Untested PSAs

:snake:
______
Untested PSAs

:sonic:
______
Hyper Sonic PSA failed.

I'm in need of testers to help me with PSAs. PM me if you want to be in. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Pluid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pluiid
3DS FC
1435-4675-5379
I like the direction that this is going. You might want to mention Project M Unbound and Project EX

Enchlore

Smash Cadet
NNID
Enchlore
SDo0m's Spider-Man over Sheik works just fine. I'm just a bit upset that it requires a total replacement of Zelda's moveset to prevent her from transforming into Spider-Man and spawning the comic book ballon taunt in an attack, sacrificing Project M's changes to Zelda (which I was getting used to).

Here's the PSA. There's an update made by a gentleman named SAHunterMech, but when I tried it, it didn't work because the .zip file only had FitSheik.pac, but it should work fine with the correct motion file assigned to Spider-Man.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Is it possible for you to do more then just PSAs?

Like could you do just regular character texture hacks that don't edit the bone or weapons of characters to make the hurtboxes and hitboxes deceptive?

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
That was built for PM. The main focus is to find Brawl PSAs that are compatible with PM.
Oh, my bad. Well, the Waluigi over Pit PSA and Knuckles over Jigglypuff PSA's worked perfectly fine for me. Anything over Rob crashed the game and Scott Pilgrim over Jigglypuff randomly crashed the game.

spid3y916

Smash Cadet
SDo0m's Spider-Man over Sheik works just fine. I'm just a bit upset that it requires a total replacement of Zelda's moveset to prevent her from transforming into Spider-Man and spawning the comic book ballon taunt in an attack, sacrificing Project M's changes to Zelda (which I was getting used to).
Actually the only changes in Zelda for Spider-Man PSA was that her neutral special was also her down special and one graphic was changed and remove for the speech bubble. It's easy to go into PM Zelda.pac file and make all the necessary changes (which I have done for my personal build).

Enchlore

Smash Cadet
NNID
Enchlore
Well, I'm completely worthless for messing with Brawl files doing anything other than just setting up my mods. So yeah, this isn't something I'd be able to do by myself.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Thanks, I was pondering which vbrawl psa's worked and didn't . Nice to see someone else already has a list. I have not done super extensive testing, but so far Zero has been working really great for me (Especially the version made for brawl plus, as its falling speed feels better). The only problem for me isn't his compatibility it is that he feels weak compared to project m's powerhouses, but his recover is super good so maybe that makes up for it.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Thanks, I was pondering which vbrawl psa's worked and didn't . Nice to see someone else already has a list. I have not done super extensive testing, but so far Zero has been working really great for me (Especially the version made for brawl plus, as its falling speed feels better). The only problem for me isn't his compatibility it is that he feels weak compared to project m's powerhouses, but his recover is super good so maybe that makes up for it.
Hey, I actually tried out Zero over Link today. His moveset doesn't feel right to me. It's really lacking.

Will add to the OP.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Alright, I have been testing Dante (Specifically this version, because I know there is more than one version) and It has been really good he can wave dash, and has not crashed the game, now there are occasionally graphical upsets, the effects and hitboxes are all there and visible I am talking about flashes of light every now and again, but other wise everything has been good. I don't know vegito if you would consider that a success or a failure, but I figured I would bring it to your attention regardless.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Alright, I have been testing Dante (Specifically this version, because I know there is more than one version) and It has been really good he can wave dash, and has not crashed the game, now there are occasionally graphical upsets, the effects and hitboxes are all there and visible I am talking about flashes of light every now and again, but other wise everything has been good. I don't know vegito if you would consider that a success or a failure, but I figured I would bring it to your attention regardless.
If it doesn't crash, it works. Even my Shadow over DK has some errors.

Going to add to the OP.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
If it doesn't crash, it works. Even my Shadow over DK has some errors.

Going to add to the OP.
Oh, if that is the measurement of success then I can report another success of Dark Samus over Marth the reason I did not bring it up earlier is because in 4 player matches it got lag spikes and if SMBZ mario was on screen causing the game to skip about, but no game crashes and in 1v1 it works just fine.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Oh, if that is the measurement of success then I can report another success of Dark Samus over Marth the reason I did not bring it up earlier is because in 4 player matches it got lag spikes and if SMBZ mario was on screen causing the game to skip about, but no game crashes and in 1v1 it works just fine.
Are you me, I also tried out that PSA but couldn't get it to work.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Are you me, I also tried out that PSA but couldn't get it to work.
Mmm ... I assume you mean the psa for marth as samus psa's freeze in Project M, I don't know why it wouldn't work for you. What is your gecko hook type? I use AXNextFrame so prehapse that has something to do with it?

Edit: Here try this and see if it works for you, it is the exact same psa I linked you to with all the extra files (except his read me as it contains credits) it came with cut out and the name changed to marth instead of darksamus (Because the port that guy made was supposed to work as a brawl ex clone.)

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Mmm ... I assume you mean the psa for marth as samus psa's freeze in Project M, I don't know why it wouldn't work for you. What is your gecko hook type? I use AXNextFrame so prehapse that has something to do with it?

Edit: Here try this and see if it works for you, it is the exact same psa I linked you to with all the extra files (except his read me as it contains credits) it came with cut out and the name changed to marth instead of darksamus (Because the port that guy made was supposed to work as a brawl ex clone.)
I run hackless on Wii U if that means anything.

I just replaced the files and will try it out.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Well I got some good news and some bad news. Despite a certain incident I have been able to do more testing. Good news is Vegeta over Wolf works like a charm, the bad news is the Goku psa test was a failure. Which kind of sucks. Also have you tested the Dark Samus on your end or is it still not working for you?

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Well I got some good news and some bad news. Despite a certain incident I have been able to do more testing. Good news is Vegeta over Wolf works like a charm, the bad news is the Goku psa test was a failure. Which kind of sucks. Also have you tested the Dark Samus on your end or is it still not working for you?
Dark Samus works fine for me.

Dang it, I'm such a huge DBZ fan & I really wanted Goku to work! Is it Goku over Pit?

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Dark Samus works fine for me.

Dang it, I'm such a huge DBZ fan & I really wanted Goku to work! Is it Goku over Pit?
Correct, I was using Goku over Pit, so with that in mind I went ahead and tested Goku over Cpt Falcon today, and that one was actually successful even if the down B counter has troubles connecting and the back throw is graphically glitch, but it works fine other wise.

Personally this kind of upsets me, if the one over pit worked, I could of cloned it and added to my personal character roaster, but hey at least there is a Goku that works to go with Vegeta.

Kashology

Smash Cadet
Bump, are there any more PSAs available? Any type will do -- that means I'm okay with ones that are built for Project M (aside from the Ganons ones, I have that).

Enchlore

Smash Cadet
NNID
Enchlore
StarWaffle's Klonoa doesn't work at all. When he gets off the ground, he immediately floats up in the air with incredible speed and SDs in the top blastzone. May even freeze the game.

Thor over Luigi freezes upon entrance.

KTH's Mega Man (over Ness) may freeze the result screen.

Zero over Peach works fine, but the CPU sucks at using him.

That's all I tested, I can't hand out links right now but I hope this can help.

NNID
It's A Secret
Goddess Zelda Works perfectly fine
Ether Bowser fine
Dark Link fine
Sonic Full Throttle Fine
Scimitar Marrio V3 Fine
Savage Wolf V2 fine
Also Hyper Sonic works for me but when I use his Neutral B it crashes the game

NNID
It's A Secret
Also Ether Bowser has a graphical glitch for his down b and gets stuck and it does this for his up smash too you can fix this by some actions

Top Bottom