• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of Possible Grab Setups?

Cindrex

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cindrex
I'm looking into getting into Puff and I haven't been able to find a reliable list of set ups that can lead into a grab. Even specific ones that only work on certain characters such as spacies or Marth or anyone else, really. Any help would be appreciated! I have been able to find a few basic things like weak fair into Grab or dair into grab. thanks <3 ^_^

GenNyan

Smash Ace
There really isn't anything super reliable, unfortunately. Depending on di and %, you might be able to nair grab. You're mostly gonna need to find your grabs in the neutral, mixups are definitely your friend. WD back grab is probably the closest thing bc a lot of people just hold forward and don't overshoot aerials. You can also empty jump grab (tomahawk) or just shark around and use grabs to whiff punish.

Against non fast fallers it's sometimes a good idea to not go for as many grabs at low %s so that you can surprise them with a grab and use it to get them off stage/edge guard at a mid-high%. You can't get any real follow ups on grabs at low %s anyway and it'll let you get grabs more easily when they actually count.

Cindrex

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cindrex
Alright, Puff's a whole new world honestly so I didn't know if it was really hard to find grabs or not.

Last edited:

chrbir5

Smash Cadet
ac nair into: grab @ low%, tech chase grab @ mid%, ****'em'up @ high%

bair to techin grab

drill to grab if you're a scardycat like hungrybox and don't like the human reaction pushing rest Kappa.

upthrow to platform tech chase regrab

Last edited:
Top Bottom