• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I don't think getting or not getting Super Mario RPG music helps or goes against the DLC at all. Not getting is just as easily explainable as getting Super Mario RPG music.
I do believe not getting Mario RPG music helps if DLC characters come with a stage and music. It isn't a guarantee but it is something I am keeping in mind.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
One thing I like is that the new songs added all go beyond 2 minutes. Shame they couldn't do it for the old ones too.

Also, assuming the website tracks in the About section are new remixes (which they most likely are), I've compiled a list of remixes per represented series in this game, with Wii U/3DS remixes in parentheses

:ultmario: - 7 (20)
:ultdk: - 3 (4)
:ultyoshi: - 1 (2)
:ultwario: - 0 (1)
:ultlink: - 4 (8)
:ultsamus: - 3 (2)
:ultkirby: - 3 (6)
:ultfox: - 1 (2)
:ultpikachu: - 5 (8)
:ultness: - 1 (3)
:ultmarth:- 6 (5)
:ulticeclimbers: - 0 (N/A)
:ultgnw: - 0 (0)
:ultduckhunt: - 1 (1)
:ultpit: - 0 (4)
:ultvillager: - 2 (6)
:ultlittlemac: - 0 (2)
:ultolimar: - 2 (2)
:ultwiifittrainer: - 1 (3)
:ultshulk: - 0 (1)
:ultmegaman: - 7 (6)
:ultsonic: - 0 (0)
:ultpacman: - 0 (3)
:ultryu: - 2 (2)
:ultcloud: - 0 (0)
:ultbayonetta: - 0 (3)
:ultsnake: - 1 (N/A)
:ultinkling: - 4 (N/A)
:ultsimon: - 5 (N/A)

Series with more songs than the last game:

:ultsamus: - Nice to see some more love here, hope we get more
:ultmarth: - It's nice to see that we got more FE remixes, but I hope they pull more from Fates, that game had a great soundtrack
:ultmegaman: - Hoping for more, Mega Man soundtracks are amazing

Series with the same amount of songs as last game:

:ultduckhunt: - Nice to see another new track, but don't expect any more
:ultolimar: - Good to see Pikmin music here, but I hope they can pull some boss themes too
:ultryu: - We should expect a whole lot more SF music, as they have around 34-36 tracks in the game

Series with less songs than the last game:

:ultmario: - I think it's safe to say that we'll at least come close to as many Mario songs as last game, if not have more given the two music sections for it
:ultdk: - Hoping we get at least a couple new tracks, so long as they're not the same jungle level theme again
:ultyoshi: - I think we're due for one more song, so I hope it's something new, that being said I'm disappointed we didn't get more Yoshi love
:ultlink: - I'm actually kinda surprised we didn't get more Zelda tracks. I hope we get one of the Divine Beast encounter themes or something.
:ultkirby: - I think we'll get new Kirby tracks but PLEASE let's just get something from the Wii or 3DS games which had outstanding OSTs
:ultfox: - I think we're getting one new Star Fox tracks, but it seems they're just remixing old tracks again, which sucks
:ultpikachu: - I think we'll get a few new tracks here, hopefully from games like Gold and Silver, Black and White 2, and Diamond and Pearl
:ultness: - This is really disappointing to me. Magicant could be our only new EarthBound track, which is nice, but I hope we get more music from this series
:ultvillager: - If they're remixing mobile game music I'm sure we'll get much more AC music
:ultwiifittrainer: - We seem to have more Wii Fit music than last time so I'm sure we'll get more music here

Series with no music so far:

:ultwario: - As much as it sucks to say it, I don't think we'll get any new Wario tracks, this series has been getting less love with each game
:ulticeclimbers: - Don't expect anything new, assuming there are any tracks left to remix from the original game
:ultgnw: - Same situation, don't expect anything new
:ultpit: - Another big surprise to me, I really hope we get some tracks from Kid Icarus Uprising remixed considering we had four of them last time
:ultlittlemac: - I hope we get one of the circuit themes from Super Punch Out or the character themes from the Wii game remixed
:ultshulk: - This is the most disappointing to me. Such an incredible soundtrack, completely ignored. I am beyond depressed seeing the state of this franchise
:ultsonic: - I just don't get the lack of Sonic remixes, is there a licensing issues? Either way, hoping for some Mania tracks or remixes
:ultpacman: - We could either get new Pac Man remixes or just new Namco arcade remixes like the Galaga medley instead
:ultcloud: - I have no words, just like Xenoblade, a fantastic game soundtrack, completely ignored (mostly due to licensing here, though)
:ultbayonetta: - The number of Bayonetta tracks didn't seem to change since Wii U, so I don't know if we'll get new music

Last edited:

Mornal

Smash Cadet
From this video on periscope:

Mgs4 theme of love returns.

The remix that plays during Wii Fit Trainer's trailer is called "Main Menu - Wii Fit," and we get a better look at it.

Other videos on the same profile reveal (songs in order from most recent video to oldest):

Brinstar Depths from Melee is back! I was worried about this one so it's nice to hear it.

I think I hear a remix of the Splatfest theme from Splatoon 1 at the start of the third video from the top, but I'd like someone to verify that.
Edit: It's actually probably "Muck Warfare," ported from Splatoon 2.

Super Mario Bros. Medley from Smash 4 is back.

It looks like ground theme - new super Mario bros 2 is in. Sounds like it was ported.

Main theme - Twilight Princess returns.

Looks like "Time's running out!" from paper jam has been ported.

We hear "hail from the past" from Castlevania. Haven't been keeping track of it so I have no idea if it's a remix or if it's been identified already or anything. If I had to guess, I'd guess it's ported from Portrait of Ruin.

A new Pikmin song. "The keeper of the lake." Cursory research suggests it's a boss theme from Hey! Pikmin. Dunno whether it's a remix or a port, but it's in.

World Circuit theme from Punch Out Wii is back.

Sounds like the original Egg Planet is back, unless I'm an idiot and mistook it, but I don't think I did.

Battle! Wild Pokemon (Diamond/Pearl) returns. Seems to be the Brawl version.

Bathtime theme from Smash 4 returns. This is the one without vocals.
EDIT: IT'S A NEW REMIX, ACTUALLY, I WAS WRONG.

"Port Town" plays. Seems to be ported from the original F-Zero as well.

"Champion Cynthia" returns from Smash 4.

Whew, that was a ****in' gold mine, lads.

Last edited:

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
Again, my props to the people keeping up with all these streams collabing on this to gather all the music, I would not have time for any of it

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I think I hear a remix of the Splatfest theme from Splatoon 1 at the start of the third video from the top, but I'd like someone to verify that.
Hmm, its really tough to make out, but it sounds like it might be "Muck Warfare" from Splatoon 2?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Lack of DK music news is frustrating. Really hoping we get something from Tropical Freeze (direct rips are fine) or any remixes from DKC 2/3.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I'm hoping so much that there's Metal Gear Rising music present on Shadow Moses. I don't know if it'd be an issue but I hope we find out soon.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I saw it mentioned that Lord of a Dead Empire was heard in demo footage... Anyone know if it was a remix or a music port? Either way I’m glad SoV didn’t get shafted in the music department.

Mornal

Smash Cadet
Hmm, its really tough to make out, but it sounds like it might be "Muck Warfare" from Splatoon 2?
I think you're right. The percussion of both seem to match up and drop out at the same times and everything.

Also, I've updated my analysis of the periscope videos to clarify a few things and to correct an error.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Not sure if this is just the remix with a different name, but there's a Star Fox remix called Area 6 ver. 2
There's a new Pokemon remix, Battle! (Elite 4) / Battle! (Solgalea/Lunala), hoping it sounds as hype as it is in the games.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I've been looking at the statistics on the first post regarding the total no. of music tracks from each series. Am I wrong, or does it seem like the total music not seem to be reaching anywhere near the 800 total mark Sakurai promised? I know we still don't know the total from some series yet like Mario or Pokemon, so they might have huge numbers that help reach 800, but it almost seems like they didn't finish adding in songs from the builds we've seen in footage. I could totally be wrong, but that's just something I've been thinking.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
I see from the OP that the Underground (Super Mario Land) remix is in the game but I did not spot it on the streams... Does anyone know where it was heard? It is my favourite smash song of all time so I'm curious XD

Also, if we're getting Hey! Pikmin soundtrack as Mornal pointed out, we absolutely need to get this song. It is one of my most wanted along with P.R.O.G.R.A.M.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I've been looking at the statistics on the first post regarding the total no. of music tracks from each series. Am I wrong, or does it seem like the total music not seem to be reaching anywhere near the 800 total mark Sakurai promised? I know we still don't know the total from some series yet like Mario or Pokemon, so they might have huge numbers that help reach 800, but it almost seems like they didn't finish adding in songs from the builds we've seen in footage. I could totally be wrong, but that's just something I've been thinking.
I think there's just a **** ton of tracks that we haven't heard yet. There are unlockable music in this game. For all we know, half the tracks in the game are unlockable, and the music list totals we've seen don't included all of them.

Last edited:

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
Do we know which version of Crowned is in this game? ( return to dream land or the rainbow curse)

Mornal

Smash Cadet
Do we know which version of Crowned is in this game? ( return to dream land or the rainbow curse)
I don't think so. The only known instance of it playing was in a video where the background noise was too loud to hear the game at all.

DeadmanV2

Smash Rookie
I saw it mentioned that Lord of a Dead Empire was heard in demo footage... Anyone know if it was a remix or a music port? Either way I’m glad SoV didn’t get shafted in the music department.
It's hard to tell, since the music isn't very loud in the video. But it appears to be the original. Still glad it made it in.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
There's also title defense theme from sun/moon
Where's the video where you found that remix? Also, isn't that the Alola Champion theme, I recall them using the same theme for the first Champion theme and subsequent title defense matches.
It's impossible to hear from the audio. I'd like it to be a remix, but Sakurai tends to ignore older Kirby games so its probably a direct rip.

Last edited:

King Zekrom

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this is just the remix with a different name, but there's a Star Fox remix called Area 6 ver. 2
There's a new Pokemon remix, Battle! (Elite 4) / Battle! (Solgalea/Lunala), hoping it sounds as hype as it is in the games.
Oh my god, Alola Elite Four got in (yay)... but it's mixed with the Solgaleo theme :( (boo)

If Ultra Necrozma or Zinnia's theme don't get in I don't know what I'm going to do with my life.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
On the Subject of Area 6 Ver. 2 I don't think that's even a new name. It's been there since Brawl actually, as there were two area 6 remixes in that game (ver. 1 is a little more normal and plays in Subspace during falco's debut, Ver 2. is more techno/electronic) and one was called "Ver. 2"

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Oh my god, Alola Elite Four got in (yay)... but it's mixed with the Solgaleo theme :( (boo)

If Ultra Necrozma or Zinnia's theme don't get in I don't know what I'm going to do with my life.
Considering Steven's theme is listed as being from ORAS instread of just Ruby and Saphire, I'm confident we'll get Zinnia's theme in some form.
On the Subject of Area 6 Ver. 2 I don't think that's even a new name. It's been there since Brawl actually, as there were two area 6 remixes in that game (ver. 1 is a little more normal and plays in Subspace during falco's debut, Ver 2. is more techno/electronic) and one was called "Ver. 2"
Yeah I found that out today, I'm stupid. Do we know any new Star Fox songs in this game?

Mornal

Smash Cadet
Hello, there (General Kenobi!!) I've just learned of this thread, and the work the community does to assemble this is amazing. I'm gonna pitch in and throw in the Word doc containing almost 2 months of work. Apologies if everything's disorganised https://drive.google.com/open?id=1N_oAjhOdh94lPC655-lxai4qW8kL0qlbJxI3rZy0e6U
Much appreciated, my dude. If you remember where you found anything that's not on our list, could you cite the source? Just want to be 100% sure it can all be verified.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
Yeah I found that out today, I'm stupid. Do we know any new Star Fox songs in this game?
Well, based off the numbers I pulled up back during the August direct, at minimum, 2 songs that have never been used before should be a thing for Star Fox. What games they come from and whether they're remixes or not is a mystery (beyond the fact that there's at least no new song that's made up of just SNES Star Fox music, and I still have a theory one of the new ones is a direct port of 64's wolf theme). No idea what Star Fox music has been heard so far in all the post november direct news

Also, on that note, Via math or anything else, has their been any proof of series that have songs exceeding the known numbers from the August direct? or at the very least, cases where more than the minimum number of potential new songs is crossed (and thus potentially one or two old songs is gone?)

EDIT: I was going to make a long post about the minimum number of new tracks but that might take I while. however, while doing so I checked my old August post and the new direct: Splatoon: was 23 in August Direct if I was correct, was 26 in November. So we at least now there's the potential for more songs than was shown in August.

Second Edit: Actually I might as well give comparative numbers from the August Direct. THIRD EDIT: Also added in known songs for these that have been archived on the front from november so far, not counting ones where we're unclear if it's a new remix or a song that already has a remix/ported, only songs that never where there either way. Likely won't be keeping this live as future ones come in though.
Metroid: Should at least have six new, includes Torrid Zone, federation force title, New ridley theme, parasite queen remix, and new brinstar depths.
Yoshi: Depending on if fall/autumn obstacle course is a seperate song, yoshi has nothing new beyond the new island remix, or should have at least one other.
Kirby: Has at minimum six more including the city trial and staff roll remix and a version of CROWNED.
Star Fox: discussed already
Game And Watch: minimum of zero new
Sonic: at least two new.
Wii Fit: Counting the new wii fit u training remix, 4 new at least.
Pac-Man: Either 10 or 3 new depending on other namco songs being counted or not. If they are, galga medley part of the three.
Street Fighter: 30/26 new depending on if Ryu and Ken types A and B criticial would be seperate (likely not). We have at least guile, Vega, Chun-Li type A.
Final Fantasy: Same old 2 we always have
Bayonetta: potnetially nothing new.
Other: This one is hard to judge, at least 22 new not counting the 7 namco songs from 4: if that's the case then minimum of 15 new. Includes new Duck hunt, wrecking crew medley, light plane ver 2., title screen wii sports, afternoon on the island, find mii medley, noisy notebook, galaga medley if counting namco, Rathalos theme, fruit basket
Castlevania: we've been told 34, I haven't heard anything about a song not on that list being spotted but may as well mention it
Xenoblade: Shown as 11 in November direct with three new Xenoblade 2 songs, odds are likely the two unseen Xeno1 songs are returning "engage the enemy" and "time to fight!"

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Very nice list. I'll be referring back to this after the game comes out.

Also,

Pixel Pasta said:
Masafumi Takada (Daganronpa series, killer7, God Hand, No More Heroes)

-Afternoon on the Island (Tomodachi Life / Collection)
glasseslift.gif

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Well, based off the numbers I pulled up back during the August direct, at minimum, 2 songs that have never been used before should be a thing for Star Fox. What games they come from and whether they're remixes or not is a mystery (beyond the fact that there's at least no new song that's made up of just SNES Star Fox music, and I still have a theory one of the new ones is a direct port of 64's wolf theme). No idea what Star Fox music has been heard so far in all the post november direct news

Also, on that note, Via math or anything else, has their been any proof of series that have songs exceeding the known numbers from the August direct? or at the very least, cases where more than the minimum number of potential new songs is crossed (and thus potentially one or two old songs is gone?)

EDIT: I was going to make a long post about the minimum number of new tracks but that might take I while. however, while doing so I checked my old August post and the new direct: Splatoon: was 23 in August Direct if I was correct, was 26 in November. So we at least now there's the potential for more songs than was shown in August.

Second Edit: Actually I might as well give comparative numbers from the August Direct. THIRD EDIT: Also added in known songs for these that have been archived on the front from november so far, not counting ones where we're unclear if it's a new remix or a song that already has a remix/ported, only songs that never where there either way. Likely won't be keeping this live as future ones come in though.
Metroid: Should at least have six new, includes Torrid Zone, federation force title, New ridley theme, parasite queen remix, and new brinstar depths.
Yoshi: Depending on if fall/autumn obstacle course is a seperate song, yoshi has nothing new beyond the new island remix, or should have at least one other.
Kirby: Has at minimum six more including the city trial and staff roll remix and a version of CROWNED.
Star Fox: discussed already
Game And Watch: minimum of zero new
Sonic: at least two new.
Wii Fit: Counting the new wii fit u training remix, 4 new at least.
Pac-Man: Either 10 or 3 new depending on other namco songs being counted or not. If they are, galga medley part of the three.
Street Fighter: 30/26 new depending on if Ryu and Ken types A and B criticial would be seperate (likely not). We have at least guile, Vega, Chun-Li type A.
Final Fantasy: Same old 2 we always have
Bayonetta: potnetially nothing new.
Other: This one is hard to judge, at least 22 new not counting the 7 namco songs from 4: if that's the case then minimum of 15 new. Includes new Duck hunt, wrecking crew medley, light plane ver 2., title screen wii sports, afternoon on the island, find mii medley, noisy notebook, galaga medley if counting namco, Rathalos theme, fruit basket
Castlevania: we've been told 34, I haven't heard anything about a song not on that list being spotted but may as well mention it
Xenoblade: Shown as 11 in November direct with three new Xenoblade 2 songs, odds are likely the two unseen Xeno1 songs are returning "engage the enemy" and "time to fight!"
What's this about the fall/autumn obstacle course being new for Yoshi? Wasn't that song in Brawl? Because if it wasn't, it's probably a remix.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
What's this about the fall/autumn obstacle course being new for Yoshi? Wasn't that song in Brawl? Because if it wasn't, it's probably a remix.
To elaborate. Obstacle course from Brawl has two versions technically; one that's more jumpy when the yoshi's island stage is in spring and summer, and a more subdue one for autumn/fall and winter. In brawl's soundtest, IIIRC, only the summer version plays in the soundtest. In Smash 3ds at least, the two are treated as seperate songs in the soundtest even if both will play in an actual match depending on the stage appeearence. I think in Wii U, for the wooly world stage, they only use the summer version and the winter version isn't even in wii U at all (honestly I really don't remember the status of the track in Wii U: The Smash wiki is telling me the Winter version is in smash wii u but it also doesn't list a seperate winter obstacle course from the regular one on the wooly world page, so either they made it one song in the soundtest and stage or the winter version is straight up not there). So they could once again be labelled and treated differently, or maybe it'll be one song again that just cycles between the summer and winter versions every repition.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
To elaborate. Obstacle course from Brawl has two versions technically; one that's more jumpy when the yoshi's island stage is in spring and summer, and a more subdue one for autumn/fall and winter. In brawl's soundtest, IIIRC, only the summer version plays in the soundtest. In Smash 3ds at least, the two are treated as seperate songs in the soundtest even if both will play in an actual match depending on the stage appeearence. I think in Wii U, for the wooly world stage, they only use the summer version and the winter version isn't even in wii U at all (honestly I really don't remember the status of the track in Wii U: The Smash wiki is telling me the Winter version is in smash wii u but it also doesn't list a seperate winter obstacle course from the regular one on the wooly world page, so either they made it one song in the soundtest and stage or the winter version is straight up not there). So they could once again be labelled and treated differently, or maybe it'll be one song again that just cycles between the summer and winter versions every repition.
In Smash Wii U, the two tracks were combined.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
In Smash Wii U, the two tracks were combined.
Ah okay, Kinda was forgetting if that's how it was. If that's the case, I don't really see them going back to 3ds' style and making them seperate again, so Yoshi probably is guarnteed at least 1 more song (and again, possibly more given both potential to cut an old one or two and the difference between august and november splatoon music numbers)

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Clarification about a few songs that have been mentioned:
  • Hail from the Past - can anyone attest to which particular version it was? New remix or port?
  • Aquarius - same as above. Can't find the clip where this song played, I want to listen to it again and try to identify it.
  • Bathtime - Mornal Mornal , do you have a link to a clip of this song playing? I want to be sure whether its a new remix or the Smash 4 version
  • Port Town - was it a new remix, or just the original?
  • Baseball (Training) - its extremely faint. I have a feeling it might be a new remix, but its too hard for me to tell, anyone else?

Also, I divided the list of songs that have been ported over into two categories, songs that have been ported in previous Smash games and songs that are new to Ultimate! I may have made some errors, please let me know if I did!

Mornal

Smash Cadet
  • Hail from the Past - can anyone attest to which particular version it was? New remix or port?
  • Aquarius - same as above. Can't find the clip where this song played, I want to listen to it again and try to identify it.
  • Bathtime - Mornal Mornal , do you have a link to a clip of this song playing? I want to be sure whether its a new remix or the Smash 4 version
  • Baseball (Training) - its extremely faint. I have a feeling it might be a new remix, but its too hard for me to tell, anyone else?

Also, I divided the list of songs that have been ported over into two categories, songs that have been ported in previous Smash games and songs that are new to Ultimate! I may have made some errors, please let me know if I did!
Sorry you won't be able to check the Bathtime Theme for yourself. The periscope videos are gone now, so I guess you'll just have to take my word for it unless the videos get reuploaded somewhere (which I don't think the original uploader has plans to do). If it helps, I remember it having so many differences (especially in percussion, which was a lot punchier) that I felt stupid for not noticing it was new the first time.

Port town is a port (town) from SNES. Again, if it helps, I distinctly remember the bell sample being identical even while the rest of it was hard to hear.

If you want, you can ask the original uploader yourself, but I'm not sure he'd know more or have any more footage than we do.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
A mere detail, but I'm pretty sure that Tomorrow is Mine (Instrumental) was an original sm4sh remix and not a ported song from the Bayonetta games as listed on the OP.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet

First off, thanks for that decision. I hope my personal dedication to classifying ported songs that weren't there before didn't force that. Second, checking that list and the smash wiki, "Duty (Ablaze)" was ported in Wii U, Other than that, I can't see anything wrong with either ones included or not included before, beyond maybe a slight potential for whether certain ones are the original in-game versions or the Soundtrack versions that smash reuses (E.G. OG gamecube dragon roost never had the plucked baseline that the official soundtrack added and smash versions have kept.) Either way, that would be splitting hairs so yeah, only one that's off.

EDIT: I imagine it's likely just not on there because you haven't had time to add it yet, but if it's true that Port Town is a port (yeah yeah, pun), it would be another new direct song. Though I suppose it could also go under loosely confirmed given we can't get any concrete check yet.

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Few more returning tracks I found in the streams:
  • Go K.K. Rider! - Animal Crossing
  • Slide - Super Mario 64
  • World Map (Pikmin 2)
  • Bramble Blast (Stickerbush Symphony)

Top Bottom