• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of moves that out-range Witch Time?

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Has anyone gotten down to this yet? Should be a useful resource for and against Bayonetta.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
To my knowledge, it's literally just "all projectiles" that don't trigger Witch Time. Considering that Samus' Z-air can trigger it at full length and so can Bayo's own Bullet Arts (which are actually just huge disjointed hitboxes, not projectiles), I think as long as the move is a separate entity to the character and the character isn't too close, it's totally safe...

-and I think most people know when a move is classed as a projectile or not, due to it's "reflectable" status.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
To my knowledge, it's literally just "all projectiles" that don't trigger Witch Time. Considering that Samus' Z-air can trigger it at full length and so can Bayo's own Bullet Arts (which are actually just huge disjointed hitboxes, not projectiles), I think as long as the move is a separate entity to the character and the character isn't too close, it's totally safe...

-and I think most people know when a move is classed as a projectile or not, due to it's "reflectable" status.
It is triggered by distance from Bayonetta last I tested and heard....

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
Longest non-projectile would be Corrin's fsmash, I think. And even at the tip witch time triggers

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
we should actually make a list of what moves can be witch time no matter what distance or what you need to be close on.

I am pretty sure Samus ZAir is a projectile (due how its programmed to be able to grab ledge) but if it is able to no matter what distance, it could be that "all Anchored Projectiles" can be WT no matter what distance.

All projectiles that needs to be close:
All Items you can pick up (Peach Turnip, Links Bombs, Jrs Mechakoopa, Diddys Banana)
All "non-anchored" Projectile (Marios Fireball, Links Arrow, Duck Hunts Can)
Bayonettas Smash Attacks?
Mii Gunner FSmash?
Palutinas UpSmash?

ElMoro995

Smash Cadet
we should actually make a list of what moves can be witch time no matter what distance or what you need to be close on.

I am pretty sure Samus ZAir is a projectile (due how its programmed to be able to grab ledge) but if it is able to no matter what distance, it could be that "all Anchored Projectiles" can be WT no matter what distance.
I don't understand why you think that samus zair is a projectile, it's just a tether grab, and it can't be reflected. Full length zair activates the WT because it's a disjointed move

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I don't understand why you think that samus zair is a projectile, it's just a tether grab, and it can't be reflected. Full length zair activates the WT because it's a disjointed move
I am following "Brawl" terms there "Articles" = "Projectiles".
each Tether Grab (including Ivysaurs Vine Whip") were projectiles to get that special "hanging from the ledge and swaying" which is not possible to recreate in normal animations, it was hardcoded into its Modules

Lunais

Smash Cadet
From what I experienced it works on anything in the game.
NON Physical-Projectiles: works on those if they are within the aoe of the Witch Time proc.

Deaga

Smash Cadet

This is pretty much it. Disjoints will trigger Witch Time no matter how far away, while you must be close by to be affected if Bayonetta Witch Times a projectile.

Only some moves like her own Smashes (mostly Fsmash at max range, though) and Palutena's Upsmash are ambiguous thinking like this, but I would ~GUESS~ (ie absolutely no confirmation!) they trigger WT no matter how far away too.

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
Some less obvious ones are max range bayo Usmash and Fsmash. Also luma if rosa isn't close as luma is counted as an item. Zss zair is likely a disjoint rather than an item, same with bullet arts. It doesn't matter if the attack is energy or physically based. Only whether it is an item separate from the character itself and, if it is an item, the range at which the opponent is from bayo.

xVenu5

Smash Cadet
NNID
xVenu5
It's probably distance. Villagers move set is mostly items and he gets caught. At max range tho I don't think he does.

Top Bottom