• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of mechanics/techniques differences from Melee?

jotun

Smash Ace
Is there a good list somewhere of all the major engine and technique differences from Melee to P:M that aren't character/stage/item-specific?

- Things that work differently in PM vs Melee
- Things that worked in Melee but don't work in PM
- Things that are new to PM

The only ones I know of so far:
- New: Tap opposite direction while dashing just before jumping to do a turnaround-jump
- Changed: Can now act quicker when using a jump from ledge
- New: Can catch items by just airdodging

I knew about DACUS in Brawl, but I can't seem to make it happen in PM. Was it removed, or am I just doing something wrong?

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
DACUS is still there, it's a stricter timing... and depending on character different button to make the inputs (using an attack button instead of Z).

Other difference is that characters can grab the edge of the stage while facing the other way... a la Ganon/Captain Falcon (at the beginning of their special fall animation).

Top Bottom