• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of Link combo's on specific characters

Zodiac

Smash Master
Alright so I've been thinking, we don't have a list of combo's that work on this character or that character, I know there are very few promised combo's for Link but beyond that there are several combo's that rely on reading and if followed through can yield some devastating results. What's that? do I know of any? Lol no, Its been so long since I've actively practiced Link I've forgotten most of them, but just to get things started.

Combo - Uair>Uair>Dair
Characters - Fox, Falco, (Falcon?)
Around 45%-50% you can double up air fox on the battlefield platform and follow up with a dair Seen Here, I assume this could be the case for falco as well and possibly captain falcon as their falling and weight speeds are very similar.

Fox- Weight(80) Falling Speed (159%)
Falco- Weight(82) Falling Speed(152%)
Falcon- Weight(104) Falling Speed (151%)

Skler

Smash Master
Pretty much all of Link's combos are DI specific, even Link's uair spam can get smash DIed to the point where you need to follow up with something different. For example, had the Fox in that video DIed off the stage it would have been unlikely to land the second uair, and impossible to land the dair (though that would be replaced with a nair or fair for an easy edgeguard).

As a general rule Link's uair will combo into dair on spacies around 60% with a strong hit, and up to 80 or 90% with a weak hit (obviously ideal because a dair at 100% will kill them most of the time).

Link just lacks auto-combos or the speed to auto-combo regardless of DI.

bomb -> fsmash -> second fsmash
My favorite combo which is possible OoS, perfect when opponent comes for a new stock as it wont work after around 10% unless they DI bad. This combo works against everything, including puff and peach. Also sets up for a tech chase against fastfallers. We are at small frame disadvantage though, so we can't do stuff like jab resetting and we can't punish them if they tech away. What we do get is good stage position.

I kinda agree with skler, but I also think that link got a good combo game, where you can land pretty long combos regardless of DI and based on reaction and not guessing. CCing get-up attacks helps in this matter. I also do think we should try to share combos, someone might be using some nice kill setup or have a good damage racking strategy that not everyone might be aware of.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
There are very very few combos that are guaranteed. So Skler how did you get that Melee logo by the characters you main?

Bigglestheman

Smash Apprentice
He's melee backroom so he gets that logo by it if you let your mouse hover over it you will see MeleeBRoomer. Also comes with a purple name.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for being irrelevant to the thread but i notice some people have like 10 different icons by their names. Is there like a list of what you can get one of those icons for?

NNID
dansalvato
Like Skler said, at 90+, weak uair combos to dair on fastfallers. I haven't seen many Links doing this, but try ending a string of uairs with an intentional weak uair and a final dair.

Top Bottom