• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

list of different ways to do tech skill

jack.f

Smash Rookie
a thread of "easier" tech skill or simply easier ways of doing it, this could include different controls or completely different ways of doing something.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
This kind of thing is usually character specific--it's not something that's necessary for the general boards.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Knowing the different ways to express movements is pretty important. Like the Y+L vs X+R (et al) debate.

In general here are a few tips:
1. Alternating hand motions are generally faster than single-hand motions. (Example: typing on your keyboard or playing an instrument.) For this reason I believe Y+L to be better for wavedashing but that's a different discussion.

2. C-sticking your aerials is generally best practice (with a few exceptions). Learn to quickly move your thumb from the face buttons to the cstick and back. C-sticking your throws can lead to more precise throw-followup timing (I play Sheik and knowing precisely which frame I throw at is useful for chaingrabbing).

3. Learn the nuances of the Z button. It attacks, grabs, shields, techs, and L-Cancels.

4. Practice and drill. It's better to learn a string of techniques after you have them down a bit individually. As an example, a regimen with fox like SHDL>waveshine>FHFFL RAR bair>shield drop>waveland to ledge>shine>upB>ledgedash>[repeat] will help you learn all of those techniques and how to fluidly put them together, whereas you'll be focused on the individual failures and inability to fluidly crank things out when you solely practice individual techniques...

5. It's all about tiny adjustments. Every single mistake in this game is usually a tiny one, but they can cost you stocks. Practice consistency over flashiness.

Top Bottom