• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of characters who can quick ledge drop (Need full game testing)

Roko Jono

Smash Apprentice
I found that in the demo, only Pikachu can instant ledge drop while the others cannot. It would be useful to know who can and cannot do this.

Characters who CAN instant ledge drop
  • Pikachu (Demo)

Characters who CANNOT instant ledge drop
  • Link (Demo)
  • Mario (Demo)
  • Megaman (Demo)
  • Villager (Demo)

Characters we need to test
  • Everyone else

If you have the full game, please provide your input if you can

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Makes me wonder if there's another variable at work...

Reminds me of the old "slower getup attack at lower percents" thing. These were all done at zero, I take it?

Roko Jono

Smash Apprentice
Makes me wonder if there's another variable at work...

Reminds me of the old "slower getup attack at lower percents" thing. These were all done at zero, I take it?
In my testing, yes I was 0% for all characters in the demo, though I did play with the CPU and was still able to do it when I had some damage. I didn't take into account how much damage I had.

Last edited:

Player-1

Smash Legend
I know in brawl, and I think melee too, Pikachu was the only char that got control sooner than other characters. In Brawl I think it was by 10 frames.

Roko Jono

Smash Apprentice
I know in brawl, and I think melee too, Pikachu was the only char that got control sooner than other characters. In Brawl I think it was by 10 frames.
In melee I believe everyone can instant ledge drop. In brawl, I dunno

Player-1

Smash Legend
In melee I believe everyone can instant ledge drop. In brawl, I dunno
You're not literally instant dropping, there are still some amount of frames where you don't have control over you character. In melee, it's just a lot sooner than in brawl.

Roko Jono

Smash Apprentice
You're not literally instant dropping, there are still some amount of frames where you don't have control over you character. In melee, it's just a lot sooner than in brawl.
Ah yes, you are correct there my bad. I should change the thread title since its probably not instant

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I tested it with everyone. Pikachu is the fastest, although there are characters that are pretty good at it.
This is what it seems like to me. It just looks like Pikachu can act out of the ledge snap faster than everyone else.

Last edited:

Roko Jono

Smash Apprentice
I tested it with everyone. Pikachu is the fastest, although there are characters that are pretty good at it.

This is what it seems like to me. It just looks like Pikachu can act out of the ledge snap faster than everyone else.
Everyone as in everyone in the Japanese full game or the demo?

Top Bottom