• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of broken moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
Diddy Kong's B.
Charizard's Side+B.
Wario's Side+B.
Yoshi's Up+B.
Yoshi's Side+B.
Ice Climbers' B (well, sorta).
Samus's Final Smash (credit goes to Joshua368 for this one).

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
...would asking for justification be too much? I can see maybe three moves being abusable (Rock Smash, Bike, Egg Roll), but none of these are broken in the least.

Diddy's peanut gun does minimal damage, does not shoot in a straight line, and is incredibly easy to avoid. Spammable like most projectiles, but not broken.

Rock Smash has such horrific range/startup that if you get hit you deserve to take the 30-40%. Not broken.

The bike can actually work out worse for the user if they fall off and are separated from the bike. This deprives Wario of any additional horizontal recovery beyond two jumps/fully charged Waft. Also, depending on a number of variables you can potentially fall off the bike after turning around once or even colliding with someone, and there's a period of about a second at least before you can get over to it and get back on. It's too unreliable to be abused and is most certainly not broken

Umm...are you referring to the huge attack range someone has with Egg Toss? Factor in that the eggs always travel in an arc concave downwards, that although knockback is good damage depreciates quickly, and that the eggs themselves are so small and fast you can airdodge all but maybe the close-close range ones, and those can be teched/roll dodged. Space properly on a Yoshi and dodge the eggs; he'll have no choice but to advance and be punished. Abusable, but not broken.

Egg Roll will be abused by n00bs just like in Melee. Tactis have not changed. DO NOT ROLL DODGE. Merely jab or shoot one projectile. SH'd d-airs work wonders. Cheap by moron standards ("Is gay!!!111 cans not hits egg!!!!1111"); neither abusable nor broken.

Ice Climbers' projectiles are only a nuisance in purely horizontal stages and are nullified by any high platform. Even when desynced, it isn't that hard to powershield/reflect/absorb/spot dodge/JUMP. Situationally abusable, but not broken.

The only move I would consider broken is Diddy's bananas, but that's merely stemming from the fact that the game developers decided to make a move out of the most ******** and unnecessary gameplay mechanic in history.

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
I doubt it. If it is, I'll admit I 'fell' for trying to provide a logical counterpoint. None of the listed moves are evn close to broken above n00b-level play, though.
I'm sorry for wasting your time... It is a joke thread. If you think outside the box a little bit, you'll probably realize why those are the "broken" moves.

Hint: it has nothing to do with how good they are.

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry for wasting your time... It is a joke thread. If you think outside the box a little bit, you'll probably realize why those are the "broken" moves.

Hint: it has nothing to do with how good they are.
This is not a joke thread. It should have a lot moar Pika-thunder and Falcon Paunches if it was.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Broken because they're all B-moves? Nope, too simple.

All disjointed hitboxes (disjointed being broken)? No, Yoshi's side-B isn't really disjointed and you said IC's move was the dubious choice.

AHA!

All the aforementioned moves physically break! Well, IC's is debatable...

Is that the answer?

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
All the aforementioned moves physically break! Well, IC's is debatable...
Ding ding ding ding ding, we have a winner. :laugh: I guess it's more of a riddle than a joke thread, but I meant it as a joke because I'm tired of people complaining about "broken" moves, when really I haven't found a single move that can't be dealt with in some way.

And I agree, Ice Climbers were a bit of a stretch, but I couldn't think of any other moves! :)

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
Wow this thread really should be closed. Its not even an argument as the OP provided nothing substantial to really refute. Also including a final smash on your "list" is stupid, as most of them are known to be broken, thats why pros turn them off...

The Executive

Smash Lord
Wow this thread really should be closed. Its not even an argument as the OP provided nothing substantial to really refute. Also including a final smash on your "list" is stupid, as most of them are known to be broken, thats why pros turn them off...
Joke thread. You've been had.

NOW I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE LOOKING STUPID!!!

*dances*

Edit: FS's are meant to be broken. The people I used to play Melee with insist on using them, and I am sad.

Ebonyks

Smash Apprentice
game and watch's back air is the most broken move in the game. Disjointed hitbox that shield pokes with multiple hits... it's as broken as a move can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom