• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Wait, we haven't heard an "Other" song in any of the fighter stages so far?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Didn't they state in the August Direct that all music was only assigned to their respective series? Which meant the 'Other' music will play on the 'Other' stages only?

Last edited:

Naoshi

Didn't they state in the August Direct that all music was only assigned to their respective series? Which meant the 'Other' music will play on the 'Other' stages only?
"Other" music is just a thing in Sound Test. My Music can still possibly handle things a little differently.

Last edited:

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
No, they just said that now songs weren't tied to one stage any longer. They said any stage in a series can play any song from that series, but they didn't say it could play only those songs.

Wait, we haven't heard an "Other" song in any of the fighter stages so far?
No, we haven't. We also still haven't seen any crossover between Mario Kart and the rest of the Mario series, which is beginning to worry me somewhat.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It's possible Other music can be enabled on stages that aren't Other but it's not enabled by default. We have nothing to suggest this is the case though.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Honestly, I'll be a bit disappointed if it turns out "Other" songs are restricted only to stages without their own section in the sound test.
Some of the combos were really fitting:
"Title - 3D Hot Rally" on Mario Circuit
"Tunnel Scene - X" on Lylat Cruise
"Golden Forest - 1080 Snowboarding" on an F-ZERO stage
"Tomorrow's Passion" on Boxing Ring
"The Valedictory Elegy" on Gaur Plains
Brain Age music on Wii Fit Studio

And there was potential for more situations like this: Rhythm Heaven music on Wario stages, Chibi Robo music on Pikmin stages, StarTropics music on EarthBound stages, etc.

https://youtu.be/PHefA-ri388 Has the Champion Battle theme from Pokemon X / Y been confirmed before? If not, this video shows the return of the track
I assume this is still a port of the original version? Or did it get remixed this time around?
Not familiar enough with the original song to be able to tell.

Interesting. Given that Hidden Mountain & Forest is already confirmed from Brawl, this is definitely something new. It could very well end up being a port of the Link Between Worlds version. (or the Link to the Past version, for that matter - they did it with Hyrule Field...) I'm sticking it under "loosely confirmed/unidentified" for now, but personally I think its a new remix.

If it is a new remix, I wonder which version of Death Mountain it will be? The LttP rendition seems most likely, but maybe they would have stuck with naming it "Hidden Mountain & Forest," who knows. (Smash has a tendency to use the awkward/overly-wordy versions of song titles, like "The Map Page / Bonus Room" and "Road to Viridian City from Pallet Town / Pewter City") I also think they could pull off a faster, more battle-ready arrangement of the NES/BotW version. We'll just have to wait and see!

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Honestly, I'll be a bit disappointed if it turns out "Other" songs are restricted only to stages without their own section in the sound test.

And there was potential for more situations like this: Rhythm Heaven music on Wario stages, Chibi Robo music on Pikmin stages, etc.

I assume this is still a port of the original version? Or did it get remixed this time around?
Not familiar enough with the original song to be able to tell.

Interesting. Given that Hidden Mountain & Forest is already confirmed from Brawl, this is definitely something new. It could very well end up being a port of the Link Between Worlds version. (or the Link to the Past version, for that matter - they did it with Hyrule Field...) I'm sticking it under "loosely confirmed/unidentified" for now, but personally I think its a new remix.

If it is a new remix, I wonder which version of Death Mountain it will be? The LttP rendition seems most likely, but maybe they would have stuck with naming it "Hidden Mountain & Forest," who knows. (Smash has a tendency to use the awkward/overly-wordy versions of song titles, like "The Map Page / Bonus Room" and "Road to Viridian City from Pallet Town / Pewter City") I also think they could pull off a faster, more battle-ready arrangement of the NES/BotW version. We'll just have to wait and see!
X/Y Champion them theme is the original version

SmashBasher123

Smash Cadet

And there was potential for more situations like this: Rhythm Heaven music on Wario stages, Chibi Robo music on Pikmin stages, etc.
At least, in the case of Chibi-Robo, there is still a very fitting stage for music from it to play in Living Room! I'm actually really hoping for some music from it this time since he got acknowledged as a Mii costume already (Drake Redcrest's Theme would be amazing!)

mikanbouya

Smash Apprentice
Personally I'm relieved that the "other" tracks are on the "other" stages. I never liked having tracks from unrelated series play on stages like Lylat Cruise or Norfair. Now they'll feel more appropriate for stages like Pictochat 2 or Hanenbow, which feel more representative of a concept / era rather than a series.

TKOWL

Smash Apprentice
I didn’t get a photo, but I spotted a match on fountain of dreams at the King of Prussia location and I can confirm Pink Ball Activate! is in the game, its name exactly appeared on the music thing in the top left. Don’t know if it’s a remix or not

Last edited:

Naoshi

I didn’t get a photo, but I spotted a match on fountain of dreams at the King of Prussia location and I can confirm Pink Ball Activate! is in the game, its name exactly appeared on the music thing in the top left. Don’t know if it’s a remix or not
aw yes robobot music?!?!?!?!

THE MECH THEME?!!?!?!?1

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
At least, in the case of Chibi-Robo, there is still a very fitting stage for music from it to play in Living Room! I'm actually really hoping for some music from it this time since he got acknowledged as a Mii costume already (Drake Redcrest's Theme would be amazing!)
TRUE
Now that I think about it that's even better than what I had in mind!

Man, Chibi-Robo is so underrated. I've come to accept that the lil guy will never be playable, but I'd still love to hear some remixes in Smash. Drake Redcrest's Theme is an obvious choice - they could go so epic and over the top with that one, man oh man I'd love it. Midday Majesty would be another fantastic choice (its one of the most recognizable/memorable from the game for me), in an even jazzier/funkier style. Weirdly enough I'd like to see "Teriyaki Blues" extended into a full song and arranged in a more lively style, similar to what they did with Kapp'n's Song.

Hoping it'll get a remix, not going to get my hopes up though.
Either way a great choice, will be perfect for Halberd!

Last edited:

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
I was sort of expecting "other" music might be special in that it's might be the only "series" category (besides mario vs spinoffs it seems) where the songs don't all share the same stages (e.g. all the retro songs on summit, baloon trip, duck hunt, the really "casual" songs for living room, mii related songs for tomodachi life and find mii) with maybe a few lumped in with the music for regular series (like 3D rally for mario spinoff ones, Namco songs for pac-man stages, etc.) but the thing is, Roar/Rathalos apparently was on pilotwings which I really can't see any sort of thematic appropriateness (I was expecting on wily castle or suzaku castle cause Capcom, or Gaur Plain/Zelda/fire emblem stages because I get slightly similar vibes from the aesthetics). As it stands, I'm not really holding my breath now.

Though it does raise more questions about my music, because the demos have seemingly confirmed, despite songs being shared across a series, there's still tracks more and less likely to play by default, so each stage would seemingly have individual customization. Following that then,
A. Does that mean "other" songs can't squeeze into big series then?
B. If they can get into established series stages, is it on an individual basis so that 3D Hot Rally would only be on mario kart tracks, or would it be on all of the mario spinoff stages so thus it's on Paper Mario as well?
C. What's the fate of the more "murky" songs/stages? Yoshi's Island (melee) has always been given the yoshi label, but outside one song in Wii U, it's music has always been Mario (and the stage itself really is more of a Mario stage). Wooly World also had some Mario RPG songs. I feel like it would be more "wrong" to take out the Mario World Music on the Mario World stage, but would the Smash team then break the stage's traditional position as a "Yoshi" stage to do so? (given how on one hand it's based on a game that's more of a typical Mario game and has mario music, but it's yoshi's debut, it has his name, and it's always been positioned and labelled as a Yoshi series stage)
D. Lastly, there's the case of songs like most Dr Mario songs, which usually get played on the retro stages. Curious where they end up now.

Last edited:

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
i'm not sure if it's already been pointed out here but this song's been renamed to "Battlefield - Super Smash Bros. Melee (for 3DS / Wii U)"

it's nice, even if it's a bit unwieldy, to have confirmation that it's a battlefield remix

Last edited:

Naoshi

i'm not sure if it's already been pointed out here but this song's been renamed to "Battlefield - Super Smash Bros. Melee (for 3DS / Wii U)"

it's nice, even if it's a bit unwieldy, to have confirmation that it's a battlefield remix
I forgot they remixed the Melee Battlefield theme in 3DS/Wii U. I remember it popping up in the Smash Run finale quite a bit.

EDIT: On the subject of Misc Stages, suppose its not possible but I hope we can use Mario Paint Medley in the Pictochat stage. It's just... perfect for it.

EDIT2: Actually, that isn't an impossible dream. Mario Paint Medley was found in Miiverse which was interesting.

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I'll definitely be disappointed (though not surprised) if Other stuff gets relegated to "other" stages.

Choosing song loadouts from a stage's series' selection is definitely a step up from the situation in previous games in general (e.g. I hated that Star Wolf (Assault) got stuck on Orbital Gate Assault in Wii U), but losing fitting combos like Tetris on Luigi's Mansion or Tunnel Scene on Lylat in exchange is still unfortunate. (Though in any case, they should make an exception so Guile's theme can play on any stage)

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'll definitely be disappointed (though not surprised) if Other stuff gets relegated to "other" stages.

Choosing song loadouts from a stage's series' selection is definitely a step up from the situation in previous games in general (e.g. I hated that Star Wolf (Assault) got stuck on Orbital Gate Assault in Wii U), but losing fitting combos like Tetris on Luigi's Mansion or Tunnel Scene on Lylat in exchange is still unfortunate. (Though in any case, they should make an exception so Guile's theme can play on any stage)
The other stages we have so far are:
Summit
Hanenbow
Balloon Fight
Living Room
Find Mii
Tomadachi Life
Pictochat 2
Wrecking Crew
Pilotwings
Wuhu Island
Duck Hunt

Of those stages, the only stages I think would be able to fit the more intense tracks like the Golden Sun Final Boss theme or Rathalos' Theme are Find Mii without any Miis in cages. That really stinks because, like you said, many franchise stags we have would've worked fine with the other songs. I hope they let us be able to choose miscellaneous songs on any stage in the game.

Single_Mom

Smash Cadet
I went to the event in Santa Clara today and while I have no video to back it up I'm pretty sure I saw Fei Long Stage Type B on Suzaku Castle.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Is Wii Fit Studio not considered an other stage?
Nope. Wii Fit and even Game & Watch both have their own section in the sound test, while Ice Climber and Duck Hunt get put in Other because those are single games instead of being part of a series. An arbitrary distinction.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
That doesn't add up if the Street Fighter song selection is based on The World Warrior.
Sakurai never technically said that. He said the CPS-1 and CPS-2 versions of all the fighter themes are in the game. If that means T. Hawk, Cammy, Fei Long, and Dee Jay all have Type A and Type B themes, then we already know all 36 Street Fighter tracks.

Last edited:

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
The one thing that keeps me semi hopeful is that I feel like certain song's histories on smash stages (e.g. mach rider on big blue, the Mario music on Yoshi's island including it's main theme, tunnel scene on Lylat Cruise) are just so ingrained to that stage that ultimate would respect their history and keep them there, but when I see stuff like Rathalos theme on pilotwings I start to worry at the very least for the fate of new songs.

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
If that means T. Hawk, Cammy, Fei Long, and Dee Jay all have Type A and Type B themes, then we already know all 36 Street Fighter tracks.
those themes don't have type A versions, since those characters were added after they had introduced the type B sound chip

this is an interesting twist, then, because i was expecting it to be 12 type A / 12 type B / 12 remixes when it could now be 12 type A / 16 type B / 8 remixes

Last edited:

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
those themes don't have type A versions, since those characters were added after they had introduced the type B sound chip
From what I understand, those 4 received CPS-1 mixes in Hyper Street Fighter II, which let you choose between the CPS-1 and CPS-2 soundtracks. I also think it would be kinda weird if they still labeled them all with Type B if they're not accompanied by a Type A.

Last edited:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Because Now or Never plays on Moray Towers during the last 30 seconds in a timed match or during the last stock of a stock match, I don't think the four ported versions of that song will actually be available in My Music, they'll just play in every match dependent on which song came before it (e.g. if Muck Warfare is playing, the Off the Hook version of Now or Never will play at the end).
The part about Now or Never not being selectable was, uh, already obvious, since we already had confirmation months ago that it played during the end of a match; we just didn't know about all 4 versions being in the game until recently. However, your theory about the version depending on the previous song is really interesting. A lot of us were wondering how they'd choose which one of the four to play, and this method would be really fitting, and better than choosing randomly. Plus, this would confirm at least one non-Splatfest song from Splatoon 2 so they could play the Wet Floor version.

I haven't seen much of the "night" version of Moray Towers being played, until we got that video where Muck Warfare was confirmed. Does anyone think it's possible that the night version only comes up when a Splatfest song is playing?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
the main thing is that the song doesn't sound anything like any other mario kart song, and there a few bits (52 seconds, 2 minutes 14 seconds) where you can faintly make out the melody

anyway, this video confirms the full title of "Battle! - Paper Mario: Color Splash"

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
the main thing is that the song doesn't sound anything like any other mario kart song, and there a few bits (52 seconds, 2 minutes 14 seconds) where you can faintly make out the melody

anyway, this video confirms the full title of "Battle! - Paper Mario: Color Splash"

What do you type into YouTube to get all these new Smash gameplay videos?

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
look up "smash ultimate" and then a keyword like "gameplay", "demo", "event", "footage", et cetera. sometimes i'll just type in character names (like "smash ultimate olimar"). the important part is to adjust the search settings to "sort by upload date" so the newest videos show up first

Last edited:

Naoshi

yoshi's tale is the name of the original song from yoshi's story, yeah

i searched through a bunch of blurry footage and dug up a few new confirmations: mario kart stadium, route 209, and name confirmations for prelude (ablaze) and destiny (ablaze). i'm also pretty sure this video is playing a new remix of figure-8 circuit from mario kart DS, but it's hard to say for certain
Is Prelude (Ablaze) the same song as just "Prelude"? My spreadsheet has it as just the latter, so I wanna make sure if I need to correct the name or add another Prelude song.

Also, awesome RE: Figure-8 Circuit possible remix.

Last edited:
Top Bottom