• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
The 'I Am Octavio' track doesn't sound like a remix. It has the same booming beat from the original, so it's safe to say it's a port.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
It's hard to hear, but I also believe that I Am Octavio is a port too.

No idea for the Fossile Fighters music though. In fact, youtube isn't helping to know which song it is, to begin with!

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euWZBHzIx4Q

I Am Octavio is in. The second match on New Donk City also shows Jump Up, Super Star! (Full Band Performance) which I don't think I've seen before? Didn't the other videos just say Jump Up, Super Star! without the parenthetical?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgfbCZiB-rQ

Battle Start - Fossil Fighters: Frontier plays in the first match
I think the running theory going around is that there is a new remix of Jump Up, Super Star! How exactly we'd remix a song so heavily dependent on vocals I'm not too sure but my idea is that we'd have an Id Purpose scenario where the song is barely changed and just has slight differences in instrumentation.

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
i'm inclined to believe that Jump Up, Super Star! (Full Band Performance) is the "single" version of the song (the one they used in the trailers), while we know the other version is the "NDC Festival" (in-game) version

edit: actually, listening more closely to the footage, it seems to be the NDC Festival version, but without the dynamic music feature? maybe it's a separate option?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hello there! I've been working on this sheet for a while now, and decided to make an account to post it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...T9iODI23jvwAqJDd08J7XHpv3M/edit#gid=954702301

This sheet has every single song that has been confirmed for Ultimate, as well as the songs from Smash 4 and the MGS songs (In italics and blue). It also shows the nature of the song, being a remix or a rip, as well as the game of origin and the Smash game it came from. Using this, we're able to get an estimate of how many songs are left to be discovered, be they new remixes or rips. Feel free to add this to the post if you'd like!

(There are currently 139 spots left!)
> Meta Crystal

yus

edit: oh not confirmed(?), nvm.

Nice list :)

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euWZBHzIx4Q

I Am Octavio is in. The second match on New Donk City also shows Jump Up, Super Star! (Full Band Performance) which I don't think I've seen before? Didn't the other videos just say Jump Up, Super Star! without the parenthetical?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgfbCZiB-rQ

Battle Start - Fossil Fighters: Frontier plays in the first match
Video with I Am Octavio is taken down, I don't suppose anyone heard which specific phase of the battle theme it was?

Really can't tell if the Fossil Fighters song is a remix or not. But I could see something from Fossil Fighters getting a remix.

I think the running theory going around is that there is a new remix of Jump Up, Super Star! How exactly we'd remix a song so heavily dependent on vocals I'm not too sure but my idea is that we'd have an Id Purpose scenario where the song is barely changed and just has slight differences in instrumentation.
I mean, I suppose they could do what they did with Lost in Thoughts All Alone and just do a completely different version without lyrics.

Last edited:

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
the i am octavio video was removed because the uploader wanted to re-render it, you can see it here. sounds like it's phase 3

Captain Mochlum

Smash Rookie
Take this with a grain of salt as he could've mistaken it and wasn't recording, but my friend was at one of the Holiday events and they saw Snakey Shantey from DKC2 as a track! I hope he's right because I need new DKC remixes so badly.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
The title seems to simply be "battle!"
Yeah, I can see now that it looks like Battle! on a couple frames. There are a few other frames where it looks like it ends with "-ste!" which was confusing me, but it's probably just Battle.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yeah, I can see now that it looks like Battle! on a couple frames. There are a few other frames where it looks like it ends with "-ste!" which was confusing me, but it's probably just Battle.
Yeah, there's only a few frames where it's readable. But considering the screen, I believe that's there isn't room for other words before :)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I wonder if the Color Splash song is a remix? Seems reasonably plausable.

Also, please... give me something from The Thousand-Year Door.......

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Awesome if Zinnia is true, that'd mean Hoenn gets 4 songs! I hope it has more songs.

Also hoping for X/Y to get its Elite Four Battle theme, surprised the most appropriate song is not in while Kalos League is.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Awesome if Zinnia is true, that'd mean Hoenn gets 4 songs! I hope it has more songs.

Also hoping for X/Y to get its Elite Four Battle theme, surprised the most appropriate song is not in while Kalos League is.
Wait the Elite 4 theme wasn't in Smash WIi U. X/Y had a meh soundtrack battle theme-wise (something Sun/Moon fixed), but the Elite Four theme was one of the best themes.
It would be criminal for them to ignore TTYD
Then put Nintendo in jail, they've been doing it for years now :confused:

Last edited:

NessSaysOkay

Smash Apprentice
Take this with a grain of salt as he could've mistaken it and wasn't recording, but my friend was at one of the Holiday events and they saw Snakey Shantey from DKC2 as a track! I hope he's right because I need new DKC remixes so badly.
PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
If we can get at LEAST one new DKC track/remix, I can sleep peacefully.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
  • The Map Page / Bonus Level
  • Gang-Plank Galleon
  • Donkey Kong / Donkey Kong Jr. Medley
So far these are all new remixes. Or are you referring specifically to tracks that haven't been touched in any previous versions of Smash?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
  • Gang-Plank Galleon
So far these are all new remixes. Or are you referring specifically to tracks that haven't been touched in any previous versions of Smash?
Technically the last one isn't from Donkey Kong Country. Even then, of those three tracks, the only one that hasn't been remixed or put into Smash is the Donkey Kong Jr. part of that medley, and that's not even a full song. If we can get more David Wise tracks from the original trilogy that haven't been in Smash before or stuff from Tropical Freeze that'd be dope.

In all honesty I'd be equally down for another remix of stickerbrush symphony though.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
  • Gang-Plank Galleon
Yeh I meant the untouched songs. From the DKC trilogy we only got Stickerbrush Symphony, Gangplank Galleon, The Map / Bonus level medley and 20 variations* of Jungle Hijinx.

There's so many other songs they could remix, and Snakey Chantey would be a decent addition.

* Exaggeration.

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I think an Aquatic Ambiance cover is long overdue.

But really, there's so many great choices: Snakey Chantey is definitely a good pick, there's also Forest Interlude, Mine Cart Madness, Fear Factory, Lockjaw's Saga, Jib Jig, Mining Melancholy, and Big Boss Blues. Port anything from Tropical Freeze and I'd be happy, or better yet, remix Mangrove Cove or Homecoming Hijinx. I could list all of the Tropical Freeze songs I'd like in Smash, but I'd just end up listing the entire soundtrack!

In all honesty I'd be equally down for another remix of stickerbrush symphony though.
I was thinking about this the other day actually, I would like to hear another version (not that I don't like the Brawl arrangement, quite the opposite, its one of my favourites). I think something funkier would be a good approach, something like the Stickerbrush segment of Tropical Freeze's Credits Theme. Feels fresh enough so that both arrangements would be distinct.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I think an Aquatic Ambiance cover is long overdue.

But really, there's so many great choices: Snakey Chantey is definitely a good pick, there's also Forest Interlude, Mine Cart Madness, Fear Factory, Lockjaw's Saga, Jib Jig, Mining Melancholy, and Big Boss Blues. Port anything from Tropical Freeze and I'd be happy, or better yet, remix Mangrove Cove or Homecoming Hijinx. I could list all of the Tropical Freeze songs I'd like in Smash, but I'd just end up listing the entire soundtrack!

I was thinking about this the other day actually, I would like to hear another version (not that I don't like the Brawl arrangement, quite the opposite, its one of my favourites). I think something funkier would be a good approach, something like the Stickerbrush segment of Tropical Freeze's Credits Theme. Feels fresh enough so that both arrangements would be distinct.
Yeah I agree with you completely. Since the remix in Brawl was so much different than the original song (while still being a great song), we can still get a new remix that stays closer to the original track (they actually did this with Ashley's Song, with the Brawl remix being in a different style and the Smash 4 Japanese remix being closer to the original).

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Not by much :smirk:
Seriously though, I'd be so happy if we had one, maybe two remixes each of the main Mario, Zelda, and DK themes. We don't need 20 iterations of each theme. And then with this game they went ahead and added the band performance of the original theme from Odyssey, not to mention there's probably another main theme remix in the game.
If you're gonna remix these tracks, do something wildly new like that Super Mario bros. remix with the crazy guitar (the one in the pirahna plant trailer).

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Seriously though, I'd be so happy if we had one, maybe two remixes each of the main Mario, Zelda, and DK themes. We don't need 20 iterations of each theme. And then with this game they went ahead and added the band performance of the original theme from Odyssey, not to mention there's probably another main theme remix in the game.
If you're gonna remix these tracks, do something wildly new like that Super Mario bros. remix with the crazy guitar (the one in the pirahna plant trailer).
Right? My spreadsheet of Ultimate music gives me a headache trying to keep all the "Jungle Level", "Ground Theme", "Overworld Theme", "Yoshi's Island/Story" tracks straight...

ThatNintendoGuy

Smash Rookie
Hello! I'm new here! I've been compiling a list of Ultimate Music as well, and Gamexplain recently posted a gameplay video with a new song not on your list. I'm not sure if it's a direct rip or a new remix.
Mario Circuit - Super Mario Kart https://youtu.be/cK55UplY01M

Top Bottom