• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lion's Project M 3.5 Build (V2.2) [3/18/2015]

ライオン

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiotSword
3DS FC
5214-9919-0198
This build is focused on aesthetic fixes in both sound and visuals, and is basically a compilation of some of the best mods and fixes found here in Smashboards, as well as Brawl Vault. I did not create any of this content. All credit goes to the original creators of these mods and fixes. The only thing I did was put everything together and made a few changes like restoring Shiny Lucario's eyes back to Blue, and replacing Roy's sheath texture with one that matches his sword color in PM 3.5.

This build is completely tournament viable!

Here is the download link for the build:
*V2.2 [3/18/2015]*
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9vyuqqih5wrjs47/Lion's PM Build V2.2.zip?dl=0

Snapshots of Character Select Screen, Stage Menus, and new HUD:

Snapshots of character changes (Master Lord Roy recolor, Falco Fire Bird and Laser recolor, Zero Suit Samus' new model, and new stages):

Here is a list of changes from Vanilla PM to my PM Build:

Sound changes:
- This PM build has been fitted with Amazerommu's Melee SFX mod. This replaces all of the Brawl sound effects (punches, kicks, sword swings and slashes, grabs, etc.) with sound effects found in Melee.
- Captain Falcon, Bowser, Mario, Luigi, and Marth now have their Melee voices.
- Link and Ganondorf have their Melee voices if you select their Melee alternate costumes. If you select their Brawl costumes, they will still have their Brawl voices. (Due to some bug, when Link and Ganon die off stage, they will have their Melee screams regardless of which costume. Amazerommu is planning on fixing this soon.)
- Roy and Mewtwo now have restored Melee voices. Roy will now has his "Sugo!" voice clip from Melee when he counters, and his entry sound effect was fixed to match Marth and Ike's. Mewtwo now has his Shadow Ball sound effect from Melee instead of Lucario's.
- Pit, Meta Knight, Fox, Falco, Lucario, Ike, Wolf, and Sonic now have their Japanese Brawl voices. (I could have given Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Jigglypuff their Japanese voices, but this would cause PM to crash. Snake could have gotten his Japanese voice too, but this would cause his cigarette taunt and Side-B (Tranquilizer) to be silent.)
- Assist trophies Joe, Wright, Gray Fox, Shadow, and Lyn (YAY, LYN!) were given their Japanese Brawl voices as well.
- The "Super Smash Bros. Brawl Main Theme" menu song was replaced with Melee's "Lottery" theme also found in Smash 4. Home-Run Contest and Target Smash themes have been replaced by Melee's "Targets!" theme (Much better song in my opinion. And note that both of these mini-games had the same song in Melee). Finally, the All-Star Mode rest area theme was replaced with the one from Melee (Which is also a song from Kirby Super Star).
- Added equalizer code that makes all game music play at the same average volume (80).

Aesthetic character changes:
- Zero Suit Samus now has a new model and CSP's created by SJS and Darkstar.
- Roy now has his sheathe for all costumes. Roy's default costume has been replaced by a new color scheme based off his original game and manga Master Lord design; his outer cape is now blue instead of purple, and his armor has a brighter blue color. Roy's shirt, armor, and cape also got texture fixes, correcting an issue with the inside of his shirt and armor not being visible. The red gem in his sword now has a reflection texture. His sheathe also has a different colored texture to match his new sword design in PM 3.5.
- Various Dr. Mario model fixes. Dr. Mario is now the same size as regular Mario.
- Sigurd Marth costumes were fixed up and now have his sheathe. The included sheathe not only looks nice, but also fixes a problem with Marth's side taunt causing his sword to "disappear" because there was no sheathe before.
- Various Big Boss costume fixes for Snake. Includes a fix for Big Boss' head being a different size, and also some texture improvements. Also fixes texture issue with his glowing eyes during Final Smash.
- Justin Bailey costume for Zero Suit Samus have had her transparent eye issue fixes.
- Pajama Ness costumes have the Final Smash eye fix.
- Lucario now has new models that correct most of his animation problems, such as his arm popping off his shoulder during Up-Smash. All costumes were replaced with his default red eyes, but I edited the Shiny Lucario costume myself to have blue eyes to match his CSP.
- Purple Kirby costume have had texture fixes and have the Final Smash eye fix.
- Kirby now has a new Wario Hat texture.
- Pikachu's party hat costume textures have been fixed up, and now have the Final Smash eye fix.
- Shogun Dedede costume has been fixed up to default size instead of half, making his textures higher quality.
- Giga Bowser textures were re-done for all costumes.
- Virtual Boy Rob textures were fixed.
- Sonic was given new models for all default costumes that fixes an eye issue with his Up-Taunt.
- Outset Toon Link costumes have had their feet fixed.
- Virtual Boy Rob's Side-B now has his spin trail fixed.
- All Samus alternate costumes have had their jetpack trails corrected.

Menu, stage, and other aesthetic changes:
- The HUD has been replaced by SmashFighter64's Brawl HUD. In my opinion, this HUD looks much better and less "empty" or plain than PM's default HUD. Also by SmashFighter64 are updates to the results screen, and some stock icon fixes.
- Final Destination has been replaced by Rainbow Final Destination. It is the same as regular FD, except now the colors change. Dreamland has been replaced by Dreamland:Night. These stages were both created by Theytah and are viable for tournament.
- Norfair has been replaced by Scout's Crateria. The stage is the same as Norfair, but with different textures and backgrounds. This stage should also be tournament viable, but please let me know your thoughts about this stage because the walls are the same as in Norfair but they appear "invisible" due to the new stage design. I'm not sure if this will stay in this build. Norfair is usually illegal in most tournaments (at least at tournies that I go to) so it shouldn't matter much anyway.
- The Training Room stage has it's platforms fixed.
- Pokemon Stadium 2 now has it's background palettes fixed.
- The picture for the Menu at My Music was fixed to show 3.5's menu instead of 3.0's.
*New version, V2.2 [3/18/2015] includes some new additions and changes*
Changelist:
- Fox and Falco now have their Melee voices if you select their Melee alternate costumes. They still have their Japanese Brawl voices if you select their regular Brawl costumes.
- Zelda and Sheik now have their Melee "voices". Both of their voices are actually the same in Melee and Brawl. So technically, they now have their Melee sound effects.
- Mario now has his "HOO!" sound effect when he jumps. This was missing in the previous build version.
- Falco now has some recolored effects. Fire Bird (Up-B) now has blue flames. Laser (B) is now yellow with a bluish glow. Personally, I think this looks neat on Falco, and it helps differentiate him a bit more from Fox.
- Wolf's shoulder pads have been fixed to not flip upside-down during certain animations.
- SmashFighter64's character stock icons have been updated. Although, I'm actually not sure what was changed.
- Scout's Crateria stage has been replaced by Theytah's Metroid Lab stage. I like Crateria more, but the issues with the "invisible" walls made me decide to replace the stage. The Metroid Lab stage should have no issues regarding tournament viability.
- Metroid Lab, Rainbow Final Destination, and Night time Dreamland are now displayed in the Music menu and Random Stage Select menus, replacing their old counterparts.
- All Melee veterans now have their Melee victory themes when they win a match. This also affects a few Brawl characters like Ike, Zero Suit Samus, Toon Link, etc., that share the same victory themes with their franchise buddies. I like the Melee victory themes much more than Brawl's, as some of Brawl's themes were just lazy in my opinion (especially Samus'). Captain Falcon's victory theme has probably gotten the biggest change (much more epic when you win with him now). *If you wish to not have these victory themes, then on your SD card go to projectm/pf/sound/strm and delete the 13 sound files Z01-Z18.*
- Results screen music (plays after a character's vicory theme) has been replaced by the victory fanfare from Final Fantasy VII.

I hope you all enjoy this build of mine. I will eventually have a music pack for this too, but that is still being worked on. I am waiting for cBliss to get updated so that I can include some new costumes for this build too. I will update this thread whenever there is an update.

There is a lot of people to give credit to, so I will just post all of the links where I got this stuff from like some sort of works cited page. Here you go:

Works Cited:

Last edited:

Luis Alonso

Smash Journeyman
To make a spoilers section you need to type in [ spoiler ] without the spaces. To end a spoiler section, type in [ /spoiler ] without the spaces.

Also, if you have other costumes, could you make a list of them? I'd like to see what they are :3

ライオン

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiotSword
3DS FC
5214-9919-0198
To make a spoilers section you need to type in [ spoiler ] without the spaces. To end a spoiler section, type in [ /spoiler ] without the spaces.

Also, if you have other costumes, could you make a list of them? I'd like to see what they are :3
Alright, thanks! And no new costumes yet because I'm waiting for cBliss to get updated for 3.5 (which I think may never happen).

Go Go Ganon

Smash Rookie
Thanks for making a build for 3.5! Do you happen to have any screenshots of it?

ライオン

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiotSword
3DS FC
5214-9919-0198
How do you take snapshots of the main menu / CSS / SSS?
I was wondering about this too. I just remembered that I can use my Dazzle capture device to take screenshots too, not just video. I'll have some screenshots uploaded soon.

Last edited:

SYsTM

Smash Rookie
NNID
Stellar_Harmony
Is there an easy way to replace Fox and Falco's voices with their Melee voices?

ライオン

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiotSword
3DS FC
5214-9919-0198
Is there an easy way to replace Fox and Falco's voices with their Melee voices?
Yes, you can download their Melee voices here:
http://smashboards.com/threads/melee-sfx-update-02-09-15-small-updates-check-em.335236/

There are other characters that I could have given Melee voices, but the reason I didn't for most of them was because I thought that some of their Brawl voices were better, Like Ness, DK, Pikachu, etc.
I wanted Peach's Melee voice, but she lacks her "Tup!" voice clip when she jumps. Mario lacks his jump voice clip too, but I hate his Brawl voice enough to replace his voice regardless.
The reason why I didn't give Fox and Falco their voices in my build is because there is an option to include both Melee and Brawl voices like Ganon and Link, but their Brawl voices will be in English If I do so.

ライオン

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiotSword
3DS FC
5214-9919-0198
A new version of this build is now available. The changelist can be found under the first changelist.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Sweet! I think I could use this mod in lieu of mixing in my own preferred additions (Showtime Bowser and some Shun's Pancakes). Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:

Luis Alonso

Smash Journeyman
No, its more along the lines of doing the steps to troubleshooting. I was trying to establish a theory of probable cause, with the limited amount of information that the person provided.

Top Bottom