• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's SE Storyline Ideas

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
I think that picture where he is with yoshi came up like this:

When wario turned zelda into a statue/trophy (whatever), he ran away. Then Link suddenly appears and wario fights with link. This fight you will play with link i guess.

Wario loses so he runs away, and manages to get into halberd.
Link curses this and suddenly Yoshi appears. The two then team up

Tell me your thoughts
Seems feasible if the stadium didn't blow up.
Unless you mean on some other world?

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
^I mean that wario got away from the stadium after it blew up (possibly?) Then he meets Link in some other place, where he should meet with ancient minister/halberd or sumthing. If that's what you're asking ?

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I actually am really hoping for Link to ride Yoshi in a cutscene, or maybe even make a short playable part of this. But then it'd be cool if they did stuff like that with more characters..

Sir Fudge

Smash Rookie
I imagine it like this:

Link is riding Epona in Hyrule Field when he sees a large ship (Halberd) flying above him, having no clue what it is he follows it. He then sees it heading towards a portal. It goes into it, and just as the portal is closing, he rides into. Through the portal he sees Hyrule Castle being Subspace bombed. In rage he rides toward the Halberd (did I mention he is near a river?) and sees the stadium being bombed. Flashback: On a table the is a letter from Zelda saying. I've gone after being invited to watch a battle. P.S.: You can come too!. Non-flashback: He realizes that must be the stadium where it is. He (in rage again) rides towards a deserty area. He then finds a strange looking kid (CLAUS!), and engages him in battle. When (if) you defeat him, Claus is beamed back into the Halberd and shoots Link. Epona whinies and falls dow, breaking her leg in the proccess and Link is somehow un-injured. Then Yoshi sees Epona and runs toward him. Link fixes Epona up (man, fairies are useful!), but Epona is still too weak to ride. Link and Yoshi look at the Halberd from a distance, and then eachother. Then you see Link riding Yoshi towards there. At the end of the desert (with trouble I might add, like caves full of monster), they stumble upon a large nest, with baby birds inside rainbow colored birds!). Then Dyna Blade comes up and fights Yoshi and Link! Then if you beat her, she falls back and Yoshi decides to give the cute little birds some bread. D-Blade sees this and picks up Link and Yoshi and flys them to the top of the Halberd. When they get there they go the the exit but then... GANONDORF APPEARS!!! Link beckons Yoshi to go on and figths Ganondorf. When you beat him you unlock him, and Link goes on. Then at the end when it's rolling credits (pretty long credits!), Link reunites with Zelda and they nostalgicly whatch the sunset....

How do ya' like?

sk8erkid6485

Smash Cadet
I imagine it like this:

Link is riding Epona in Hyrule Field when he sees a large ship (Halberd) flying above him, having no clue what it is he follows it. He then sees it heading towards a portal. It goes into it, and just as the portal is closing, he rides into. Through the portal he sees Hyrule Castle being Subspace bombed. In rage he rides toward the Halberd (did I mention he is near a river?) and sees the stadium being bombed. Flashback: On a table the is a letter from Zelda saying. I've gone after being invited to watch a battle. P.S.: You can come too!. Non-flashback: He realizes that must be the stadium where it is. He (in rage again) rides towards a deserty area. He then finds a strange looking kid (CLAUS!), and engages him in battle. When (if) you defeat him, Claus is beamed back into the Halberd and shoots Link. Epona whinies and falls dow, breaking her leg in the proccess and Link is somehow un-injured. Then Yoshi sees Epona and runs toward him. Link fixes Epona up (man, fairies are useful!), but Epona is still too weak to ride. Link and Yoshi look at the Halberd from a distance, and then eachother. Then you see Link riding Yoshi towards there. At the end of the desert (with trouble I might add, like caves full of monster), they stumble upon a large nest, with baby birds inside rainbow colored birds!). Then Dyna Blade comes up and fights Yoshi and Link! Then if you beat her, she falls back and Yoshi decides to give the cute little birds some bread. D-Blade sees this and picks up Link and Yoshi and flys them to the top of the Halberd. When they get there they go the the exit but then... GANONDORF APPEARS!!! Link beckons Yoshi to go on and figths Ganondorf. When you beat him you unlock him, and Link goes on. Then at the end when it's rolling credits (pretty long credits!), Link reunites with Zelda and they nostalgicly whatch the sunset....

How do ya' like?
It was ok, but just didnt seem like it would with the other SE story lines.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
Why does everybody think that the characters are going to meet up with their franchise characters? It's a CROSSOVER fighting game we see enough Link zelda and ganondorf encounters in the zelda games but did you ever see a cinema scene of some random other character with Link that's interesting

Manny G.

Smash Journeyman
Heres the story, One day in Hyrule, Link was going to bake a cake for Zelda. Then when he went to the store, the clerk told him that for only 10,000 rubys he could by a special egg from the mushroom kingdom. link uses his Master Sword credit card to buy it and take it home. when he returned, Zelda left a note that she left him for Kirby at the arena. after a while the yoshi hatched and link found out that yoshi loved Kirbys so they worked together to get Kirby. As we know Kirby ends up in the Battleship Halbird(I get it HAL, Halbird they named it after the company) and in the screenshot the Halbird is being chased by Link+Yoshi.Thats the basic gist of the story.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
If anyone has seen that new Subspace Emmissary video, did anyone else see what Link and Yoshi were fighting against in that split second late in the video? I could be wrong, but looked a hell of a lot like a giant Magikarp (or atl east some kind of big fish, poke'mon or not).

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t

This confirms:
Link and Yoshi are working together at some point in the storyline.

This confirms:
Link will fight a Shaydas at some point in an arena that looks very much like something out of TP. This may be a representation of the Kakariko underground.

This confirms:
Yoshi will encounter a Trowlon at some point in a lush, forest-like area. Possibly Yoshi's Island?

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea10.html
This confirms:
Link and Yoshi are working together, possibly in a desert area. Link (maybe Yoshi as well?) seems to be in some sort of desert temple at some point in the storyline.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Well, it really depends on which princess you don't rescue. If Zelda is trophied by Wario, Link will at some point get word of it and do his d@mn best to save her @$$. This appears to involve a desert and a Kakariko-lookin' place. How does Yoshi play into this? Well...Yoshi's Island was Subspace bombed and only one Yoshi survived? The Ancient Minister (or an evil minion such as...Wario, maybe?) has stolen all the Yoshi eggs? A combination of the two? The pair meet up and join forces, a pair of green heroes who don't ever talk. But how do the pair meet up? Well, since Zelda has been trophied and all the Yoshi eggs have been stolen (I'm choosing this option 'cause it seems more likely for my theory) by the same person (Wario), it's possible that they meet just before a fight with Wario, join forces, and @$$-pwn him. Then they head off to confront the rest of the Subspace Army.

But...

If Zelda is rescued from Petey, if Peach is trophied...

...that's something entirely different.

Link is riding Epona across Hyrule Field, maybe soon after the ending of TP. The Halberd flies overhead, spilling Primid juice across the Bridge of Eldin. Link is shocked and gallops off to confront the Primids, but an orange magical barrier is thrown up. Link wheels around to find...holy crap! Ganondorf! He is holding his sword in one hand and a trophy gun in the other. He fires the gun, but Link easily dodges and launches himself at Ganondorf. You fight Ganondorf on a Hyrule Field stage. When you beat him, he vanishes, laughing, and a Yoshi egg appears where he was. The egg hatches into a baby Yoshi, which you then have to feed. You carry it like an item to the Bridge of Eldin and feed it a few Primids. The baby grows into a fully-grown Yoshi and together, you fight the Primids. You join forces and head off. Throughout the course of Link's storyline, you fight Ganondorf many times before having a final showdown with him. You also encounter occasional Shadow Links, Ironknuckles, etc. You don't meet up with Zelda, 'cause she's either with Kirby or Mario, depending on how the beginning played out.

So...yeah. What'd'y'all think?

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman

This confirms:
Yoshi will encounter a Trowlon at some point in a lush, forest-like area. Possibly Yoshi's Island?
Yoshi's Island is known for having tropical settings, that area in the picture doesn't seem to fit the aforementioned island at all.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
I'm a dude though.

But anyway, what I'm saying is that that area looks like something I recall seeing in earlier SSE screenshots. It seems like the place Sonic was running through when he was announced.

EDIT: Scratch that Sonic part actually. The place where he was first seen looked more like a rain forest. In fact, THAT place looked something like Yoshi's Island.

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
I think Link will go into action regardless of what princess you save... Maybe he hears that Zelda is in trouble (Whether it be her as a trophy, or on the run with Kirby) and goes to saves her from danger in general. In my opinion, I don't think it will matter whether or not you save Zelda for Link to get into the fray. The pairing with Yoshi is a little odd IMO, but I think there might be some balance.
I would want to see Link pair with Zelda/Shiek (If she's in) and fight Ganondorf...

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
I think Link will go into action regardless of what princess you save... Maybe he hears that Zelda is in trouble (Whether it be her as a trophy, or on the run with Kirby) and goes to saves her from danger in general. In my opinion, I don't think it will matter whether or not you save Zelda for Link to get into the fray. The pairing with Yoshi is a little odd IMO, but I think there might be some balance.
I would want to see Link pair with Zelda/Shiek (If she's in) and fight Ganondorf...
Well, of course. Everyone is gonna go into action, one way or another. And I agree that the Link-Yoshi pairing is a little strange, but I think it'll become clear and make sense in the same way that the Pit-Mario, Kirby-Peach (or Zelda), and Diddy-Fox pairings have. I also wanna know what was up with Meta and the ICs.

Agreed about the Link-Zelda/Sheik pairing @$$-pwning Ganon.

vato_break

Smash Master
i think in the end all enemys of thier franchises will join agian all the good guys but, link kills yoshi because he dosen't like wannabe dongos that lay eggs lol jk

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
AM stole Meta's Ship (or meta is helping him) and Bowser/Dedede/Wario is helping out. Zelda got Trophyified, so obviously Link would hear about it (Hes magic okay?) And he'd start to the rescue. eventualy he'd have to fight some LoZ boss, and he'd get teamed up with some really awesome sword character after a fight with them to see who's better.

at the end, when evereyone faces their rivals to get to the AM, Link is confronted by Ganondorf, they have an insane battle. everyone goes into AM's throne room and you have a choice between -everey- character in the game.

Weemick

Smash Rookie

Is that back entrance to Kakariko village? Or Arbiters grounds?
^^^^ Meta + Ice cimbers (:
I like the idea of choosing a character for the final boss... also I think random pairings get random bosses from a game, Ie. Zoshi might get ...erm... Oikney (sp?) or Ridley while Pirio (don't ask) might get Dark link... but link will fight ganon and mario will fight bowser... but you get to choose for AM

Also i wonder what the icecave we see them fighting in is... Snowpeak?

turtle roll

Smash Apprentice
a quick thery on ic + mk is they kicked mk of the ship and safly glided to the nearest tall think a.k.a. icey mountan ( or snopeak, whatever) also, i wonder if you can play on the dark side, so b bowser as u vs dk ect.

to the point though, maybe link will team up with pit and ike and call the team 3 mfba's?
( yes that sig is cool...)

Ninja Sheikah

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5455-9559-3780

hmm, maybe metaknight captured zelda and link's after his ship. then yoshi comes along to help him out. idk. but i'm really looking forward to this story mode, it seems very interesting so far =)
Is it just me or does the ship look like its charging some kinda beam? I thi Link should have been paired with someone else.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
What seems to be happening is the SSE match-ups make absolutely no sence.....Kirby'll probably find Zelda(if he/she/it doesnt save her)......which is very disappointing:(

walkskyluker115

Smash Apprentice
As i said in the yoshi thread, since we know that the storyline can change based on your choices this is what i think:
If you save zelda, you get link and yoshi fights you because you didn't save peach. If you save peach, you get yoshi and link fights you because you didn't save zelda. After you beat link/yoshi, you team up with he/it so that you can save the person you didn't choose to save.

Top Bottom